off grid solar leccy

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

off grid solar leccy

•   Message 1 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

I am looking to install an off grid solar system.
I will have a pool.
It is a three bedroomed villa.

Can anyone speak in a language I understand and give me your experience of how big the system needs to be and a rough cost to include batteries.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: off grid solar leccy

•   Message 2 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

As there is no “mains” for a “back up” available, off grid systems must be planned properly.
The “system size” depends what kind of equipment you want to run, when and for how long .

there is no “rule” for a systems PV size (in kWp), peak inverter power (in kW) or battery storage size (in Ah or kWh), as the one user has a more frugal energy consumption, the other one wants power for some airconditions….
= the “ price for a 3 bedroom house” for each customer is different ... and the quality of the equipment you would like to get has some influences as well.
Easy spoken: you need an energy audit.

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Average 3 bed house using washing machine tvs ac units decent fridge freezer oven occasionally.
And not all at the same time

I have two neighbour's...one a family of 5 have six panels, not enough power to run ac units through the night.

Other a couple whom have 17 batteries and well over 20 panels

I want a good system that wont let me down

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 4 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

That for a family of 5 a 6 panel system can just supply “emergency needs”.. is.. understandable..
That you can do more with “well over 20 panels” (total power in kWp??) and 17 batteries (??, as 17 is a prime number.. not important right now… but: total storage capacity??) is also clear.
You also know that it is better not to use “all equipment” at the same time, basically to reduce the installed peak kW (and the price) for the DC-AC battery inverter.
But, as you requested, you want a system which” wont let me down”… and a saying „average 3 bedroom“ still does not help anybody…
so, you need an energy audit. especially as aircons are the price booster par excellence for off grid systems, both panel wise (total kWp) and battery storage wise, .
Pls, get in contact with me, [email protected] and – or 05338664243 and we sit for approx an hour and after that we both have a better understanding of your requirements and so on.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

hmmm.
i thought the conversation will continue...
you may want prices for a system which is "not known"? thats difficult.

as we are (also) Victron dealers, here a hint / information... https://www.victronenergy.com/information/pricelist
choose your disired 3, 5 or 10 or even 15 kVA 48 volt inverter - charger, have a look for the bigger solar chargers and have a look for the 2 V battery (you need 24 units)
you may need a battery controller, a remote unit.. this kind..
then you only have to add installation, DC and AC boxes with cables and trunking, breakers, earthing... this kind.
not to forget the solar panels (in a good quality) in a (kWp) size of your choice, the mounting structure and so on... and VAT.
if the solar charger is not big enough for your needs then you need two or.. you decide for a so called "AC-DC coupled" off grid system.

PS: solar panels and batteries we usually get from other suppliers.

Kind Regards
kibsolar1999

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Thanks for replying.but its all gobbledygook to me.lol

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

gillken, with less 'gobbledygook': -

He is saying that you need an 'energy audit' to work out what capacity you would need, because the description that you have given is not sufficient
Last edited by Keithcaley on Fri 24 Aug 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

Call this chap: Ertan ‭00 90 (533) 860 92 60‬
He has installed over 330 solar systems on the island and you do not need batteries. Battery system will let you down after a few years and will be costly.
I have a 5 bed house and he quoted €8500.
Basically you use your own electric during the day, the excess you produce and don’t use goes as a credit to Kibtek metre which you can draw in at night. If you don’t use it all, the credit remains for your use.
Ertan will explain better than I can and will survey and quote .

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Welldigger wrote:Call this chap: Ertan ‭00 90 (533) 860 92 60‬
He has installed over 330 solar systems on the island and you do not need batteries...

Welldigger, the OP specifically asked for an 'Off-Grid' system - i.e. one that does not have a connection to the main Electricity Supply Grid.

I suppose that it is possible that he mis-used the expression, and that wasn't actually what he meant!

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 10 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Gillken said
I have two neighbour's...one a family of 5 have six panels, not enough power to run ac units through the night. Other a couple whom have 17 batteries and well over 20 panels
So, off-grid, or?

We are in solar business since 1999, “on grid” (or grid parallel) systems (and “feeding the grid” with credits ) were not permitted. What we did? Off grid. Solar pumping, pools and wells. Back up systems.
We still do.

Still it can be that gillken meant an “on grid” system”, because: how does he run his appliances at the moment? Generator? is he kibtek connected?

Since 2014 on grid systems are permitted and threads in this forum go back to theses times.
They are quiete easy designed and installed and often the biggest and only problem is to lift the panels onto the roof or to convince (the wife of ) the customer to accept these trunkings... .
Thats why “many others” incl companies with “no relation to solar” ( as, eg, companies selling ac’s , fridges, car dealers) do offer these systems.
When it comes to “off grid” .. well, then the knowledge comes quickly to an end. Several times i had the “doubtful delight” to tell a customer that (nearly) the whole system is a case for the rubbish bin. and that after 1 year of system operation (which never worked properly... thats why he called me...)

But.. a “little bit” design (eg, to optimise output) is also neccessary for an (home) on grid system. (bigger systems need more effort)
Basically customers want a solar system to produce as much energy (in kWh) as they use during a year. Required system size often is: yearly energy consumption, in kWh / expected yearly solar PV production, per kWp.. (available space and budget is another case)
Eg, the energy consumption is , say, 8150 kWh a year. The expected solar output per kWp is, say, 1600 kWh per year. 8150 /1600 = a PV system of 5,09 kWp is needed to "eliminate" the consumption from Kibtek to zero.
That could be 19,22 panels of say, old style 265 Wp or 15,42 panels of modern 330Wp panels. (size of both approx 1 x 1,70 meter)

So, also the saying “ i was quoted €8500 for 5 bed house” is misleading and the quality of solar panels and inverter is “a case”.
Weldigger, what was offered for 8500 euros?
Single or three phase?
System size?
What panels, origin and brand, model (power per panel), how many units?
what system output is expected after 15, 20 or 25 years of operation?
Which inverter brand?

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

It was just a rough idea in costs, nothing more, nothing less. After all, that’s what people want to know; Cani have it, will it work and how much is it?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 12 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Actually you can say that the info “i was quoted €8500 for a 5 bed house” is not “a rough idea in costs”... it is an useless information. Sorry.
when i said: "is misleading", i just wanted to be a bit polite...

Yesterday I gave a quote in the region of 6000, but I did not count the bedrooms
And of course, the proper answers to the questions are: yes, yes, we will see.

Welldigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Welldigger »

I couldn’t care less what you think about the information I kindly supplied to the person asking.
For all your “technical” information, you didn’t give an idea of cost. However you have now done so BUT no one is any the wiser because you don’t mention how big the house was. My statement about 5 beds and €8500 was to give the person asking an idea of cost/size.
Let’s hope your customer service is a lot better than your comments.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Welldigger wrote:Call this chap: Ertan ‭00 90 (533) 860 92 60‬
He has installed over 330 solar systems on the island and you do not need batteries. Battery system will let you down after a few years and will be costly.
I have a 5 bed house and he quoted €8500.
Basically you use your own electric during the day, the excess you produce and don’t use goes as a credit to Kibtek metre which you can draw in at night. If you don’t use it all, the credit remains for your use.
Ertan will explain better than I can and will survey and quote .
That system makes a lot of sense

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Yes and no…
Of course these system make a lot of sense…
See also the other threads and posts in this Renewable energy forum with more advice, info, hints and also pricing, eg the last thread “roi for pv solar systems” …
But… what can not to be expected from me are prices for “undefined” systems with “insufficient information” about the energy consumption. This applies for on-grid net metering systems, off grid systems or solar pumping systems.
Eg, I doubt that a 24/7 “full occupied home with 5 bedrooms”, with several ?? fridges and a pool ?? , will make it with 8500 euro to “eliminate” all electricity needs even in a net metering configuration.

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Hi everyone
I am hoping to purchase an OFF GRID solar system...we have a three bedroomed property..sometimes the house will of full of people...sometimes it will not.

We like to wash ..so need a pump ...we like to use a washing machine to wash our clothes as we cant be bothered to walk to the nearest river and use a rock.

Lights at night..a tv set...sometimes throw a roadt into the oven...not often though....

Have the pool circulating so its nice and clean for a swim....

Like to keep food in afridge.

Any idea what it will cost me including lithium batteries

One neighbour was ripped off...the other neigbour only has a small system

Big weakness for drinking tea.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 17 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Hi gillken,
off grid systems have to be designed for „peak uses“ when the house is “full” and „low energy production“ when there is little sun available..
Meaning, the PV area is always bigger as you would need it for “the average”.
Also the battery inverter must have, "enough power" , as additional to your mentioned equipment certainly others will add. As, maybe, hoover, microwave, kettle, (several) computers / chargers/routers, hifi, dishwasher, water cooler... this kind.
Undersizing a system (cheaper) will lead to disappointment and quickly will give a feeling that you have been ripped off, massively oversizing may is not in your budget…
Important is that you understand the system.. that you know what potential the, finally installed, system has… when the system is “safe” and when it may get some problems… and you may need a monitoring to see “the situation”
( for on grid systems it is more a plug and play situation and your bill will show whether the system works or not…)

For the pool I would suggest a solar pool pump, which would run independent of the rest of the system, neither making the charging to the batteries from PV more difficult nor taking power from the batteries.
I need to know the pool size to give you an offer.. most probably somewhat 2,5 to 3k for an 8x 4 or 10 x 5 pool. euro.

We usually do not install Li-ion batteries. Difficult to handle, very expensive and most probably not needed. Better is to use good and bigger sized flooded lead acid to cover “peak battery use” from time to time..

For the house system.. well… you most probably will end up in the region of 15k. euro. No aircons or only little use.
I do give a rough pricing only because it seems that “I must”. It is not an offer. Can be less , can be more, especially when air cons come to the business.
So, we need to have a talk… to verify / adjust system and budget…

and maybe I can have same time a look to your neighbours system…? A pity that well over 20 modules are installed and the system does not work!
Regards, kibsolar1999

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Just been given a quote for a 6kw system fully installed including batteries for €13000

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 19 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Not from us...
the info „6kw“ is not sufficient to make any comments as good, bad, fair, reasonable, or whatever, at all.
No info for solar panels, battery ah, battery type, battery inverter size, type of installation, brands... and so on...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

gillken wrote:Just been given a quote for a 6kw system fully installed including batteries for €13000
I'd be interested to see the quote as well...

Could be spreading the word for your 'potential supplier' (pun intended ).

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

What do you think?
Attachments
received_194897104746252.jpeg

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 55 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

I know that the notion of Solar Power, clean energy, free electricity, is an attractive one but thinking it through after following this thread I do wonder if it is sufficiently cost effective to be desirable.
A back of the envelope calculation based upon the quotation that Gilken has obtained (and Kibsolar seems to suggest that it should be more for a satisfactory 6KW system) tells us that if our monthly Kibtec bill is presently say 50/60/70 Euro per month it will take up to 20years to cover that capital outlay before we can say we have free electric, that is a long time, will we still be around or moved on by then?
I know that Kibtec prices will increase over that period but against that there will be the Kibtec charges to back-up the solar system when needed plus their monthly Standing Charge and also the interest that will be forfeited had that initial capital remained invested needs to be taken into account.
Then there is the environmental impact, do we wish to see solar panels cluttered around the place or on rooftops where there is enough paraphernalia stashed already and I imagine they will gather dust up there how easy/difficult to clean on rooftops but there will be a cost.. Would those batteries need replacing, if so at what intervals?
Much to consider before making a decision

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Sometimes you have no other option....how much would kibtec charge to bring electricity to my villa? Then I would have to pay a monthly bill

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 24 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

say it in simple words: most probably too expensive.
that kind of a system we never would offer,
i dont like the whole system set up and the equipment used... the panels... the batteries... the inverter, here not even a brand is mentioned, most probably for good good reasons... and i would like to know: what is a "parallelable dust protector" and what is so important about it to mention it in an offer?

btw, 20 x 270Wp makes 5,4 kWp and not 6 and 6250 VA are also not 6kW

tintang
- do not mix up solar systems without batteries = grid parallel systems (here in TRNC net metering) and off grid systems with batteries.
good solar net metering systems will pay you back after approx 6-7 years.
- i did not mention anything about a price for a 6 kW or 6 kWp (or whatever specified ) system.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 25 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

ok,
could not find a solar panel called "akturk 270 W 24V poly"
what the "24V" means someone needs to explain me... and that people offering PV modules do not even bother to write "Wp" i never will understand...
ok, does not matter, no name 270Wp poly panels are the cheapest you can get on the market.

i found the batteries.. after some search... they are offered typically in Pakistan, Zambia and so on...
they are not bad.. but who wants batteries with a cycle life of (1050 to 1800= ) 3-5 years?
for home off grid systems (with sometimes "heavy use") you do not use gel or agm batteries. ok, you can.. but you have to do it properly...
eg, they offered you 16 batteries, each 12 volt.. meaning you have 4 groups of each 4 in series.... this kind of installation can not be charge- managed properly any more and after hundret charge cycles you got a massive imbalance in the batteries...
meaning, the capacity and the cycle life of the whole battery bank will drop dramatically...

the inverter can not be found... most probably a chinese hybrit inverter which are usually not designed for off-grid (they are designed for "sometimes off grid" = power cuts). thats the cheapest stuff you can buy.

look, we offer solar modules from Solarworld or eg, LG (the TV maker), solar charge controllers and inverter/chargers from victronenergy, batteries with nominal 3200 cycles from Rolls (surrette) .
it takes you excactly 30 seconds and you have the websites... and the download section with many of the products we offer...

do not make the same mistake as your neighbour...

Regards

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 55 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

there is somebody in DIPKARPAZ, who has only off grid they do not live here all the time - probably 6 months in the year and they manage fine.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 27 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

dippersgirl..

"to manage fine" is always the result of the energy needs of a customer, an energy audit and the system finally installed.

if you mean the couple Y and E.. we installed the system starting in 2008/9.
panels from Enfoton solar, charge controller and inverter/charger from outbackpower.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 55 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

yes kibsolar

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Kibsolar

I cant access your price list page on your website

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 30 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

no, that link is not activated since a long time.

at victronenergy.com you can find good equipment and a pricelist for download...

solar panels is a different subject...

pls send a mail to [email protected] for specific items or complete system prices.

Regards
Peter

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

The link takes me to a generic worldwide website with little information on products ...the only local contact is Nicosia on the greek side

I give up....

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 32 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

The victron website gives a lot of info...
eg..click products..inverter charger.. here you get all.. brochuches, datasheets..

Since many years we deal with victron products... you know how it is when it comes to „official rep in n cyprus“ ....

The easiest way would be to contact me via mail and ask your questions...

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Decided to import our pv off grid system. Couldnt understand the conflicting advice.nor could I understand the huge price differences.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

gillken wrote:Decided to import our pv off grid system. Couldnt understand the conflicting advice.nor could I understand the huge price differences.
I see you got quoted 13000€,how much is it gonna cost you to import and fit?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 35 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Decided to import our pv off grid system.
Couldnt understand the conflicting advice.nor could I understand the huge price differences.

after 8 month you obviously still do not understand what you need and what the differences / problems in off grid systems are about...
starting from an energy audit to basic knowledge about panels, the inverter, batt storage and technology, the proper charging of the batteries, and so on.
because IF you would do, you also would understand the "conflicting advice" and the price difference.

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Yes and no
We have imported 10kw system along with our batteries from the UK
We were zero rated vat in the UK.
The taxes and shipping worked out cheaper than the vat in the UK.
We are being given full support from the company in the UK via what's app.
Our accredited electrician here will be commissioning the system.
Price wise with a good system Cyprus couldn't match.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

gillken wrote:Yes and no
We have imported 10kw system along with our batteries from the UK
We were zero rated vat in the UK.
The taxes and shipping worked out cheaper than the vat in the UK.
We are being given full support from the company in the UK via what's app.
Our accredited electrician here will be commissioning the system.
Price wise with a good system Cyprus couldn't match.
Well done you. So the big question is cyprus price €13000! Your price is ???

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Better and bigger system plus cheaper.
Defo the right decision for us.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 39 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Ok, “bigger and better and cheaper”…
That the “Cyprus system” for 13k was not a good offer I explained already.
Did your system arrive in Cyprus already?
to compare a system, its price and so on… we (you, everybody) need
- PV power in kWp
- Battery inverter size in kW
- Battery charger and charging info (from battery inverter or external or both)
- Voltage of battery bank and storage capacity in Ah ( @ C10 )
To prove the reliability it is nice to know: manufacturers and model numbers of the four above.
I guess, for the beginning it would be nice to post the invoice from this UK company.
Easy to do as this info was or will be needed for the customs anyway.
Not only “yes and no” is interested of additional costs, eg, how much was the transport (of 2 or 3 or more palets) from UK to TRNC, transport in TRNC, VAT, customs, and how much the electrician will charge for the installation of the system.. incl PV panel stands, DC and AC boxes, proper DC and AC cabling, safety equipment as fuses, RCDs, MCBs and so on?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kibsolar1999

Northview
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Northview »

Hi,
We have recently moved to Northern Cyprus from the uk,
I am fully qualified electrician and multi skilled (City and guilds NVQ Level 3) and have over 25 years of experience.

Here’s a list of the services we provide

Home and workplace electrics
Plumbing
Boiler and cylinder fixing or replacing
Central heating
Air-conditioning servicing
Refurbishing and decoration
Laminated floors and tiling
Carpentry
Drainage
Painting
TIG welding
Welding and metalwork
Security camera systems
Etc

All work carried out is finished at a high standard and is aimed to finish at the timescale as Promised.

Our reputation is based on our quality

Call for your free quote, we are here to help

Northview maintenance and Property Management

Yenal
0542 878 8787
or
0542 877 7727

All Mobile numbers provided are connected to WhatsApp, Viber and Facebook messenger

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: northview kktc cyprus

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Panels up
Batteries in
Getting full support from the UK company who designed the system.
Unfortunately ran out of time to complete the installation.
A few things have gone awol from the shipment ....in hindsight It would have been better to bring these parts over in a suitcase as they were small bits.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 42 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

gillken,
after you did ask the forum for opinions, you imported your own system.

the only info about this system is: "Price wise a good system Cyprus couldn't match".

are the info of your finally purchased and 90% installed system such big secret NOT to tell us what you finally got and paid?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 43 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

First time ever, gillken called me yesterday (hello, are you the solar man?)
I was just a couple of miles away and visited the place to see what is installed (nosiness, as gillken did not follow this thread…)
The system is up, but not running well.
They want me to check the system/installation, set up the installed Victron items (a brand I suggested here in the forum and sell/install here in the TRNC… we are a business…) and configure the whole system.
They need somebody with hardware, software, knowledge and experience.
Somebody who is familar with those systems and especially with Victron equipment.

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

In response to kibsolar nosiness. At the time of calling him out we didnt have wifi. We were concerned about over charging the batteries.

Even he should have realised no electric = no wifi other than the phone data.
Therefore at this point we couldn't complete the configuration of the installation by the company who planned the system. We simply wanted someone with the knowledge and software to manually configure the system

After all we are just two old people learning as we go along. Its pretty easy once you know how.

Our provider was going to configure the system once we had wifi...but we were not sure what wifi provider to use.

This has now been done and we have had many months of consistent power without any issues.

Kib solar was rude about us importing our own quality system at a considerably lower price than he supplied...telling us it was an expensive route to take....it wasnt..it was very easy and the cheapest.

He then went on to attack my neighbours system telling us his system didn't work and was down. He had been called out the previous year and the problem was beyond him. He wasn't prepared to take on board that he couldn't fix my neighbours issues so my neighbours found someone competent enough to resolve the problem.

Kib solar...you came to our house with no intention of helping us...you were rude and arrogant whilst we showed you our hospitality.
We were so glad you never returned your promised call with a quote because we didnt want your service.
Shame on you.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 45 of 55 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Shame on me? For what excactly?
Again, after you called me I came to your house, not knowing who you are.
On arrival, in the heat of the summer, you offered me a glas of water (the hospitality you mentioned)

I saw a lot of equipment iam the supplier in N.Cyprus for and then realised: “that must be gillken”.
You told me that you “simply want someone with the knowledge and software to manually configure the system” (for what reason, sorry, is not important for me)
= meaning, (after you got info in this forum) you imported your own system, but never gave me a chance for a site survey, discuss your needs and the to be installed system nor you gave me a chance for an offer (for the whole system or “equipment only”).
So, your saying
“Kib solar was rude about us importing our own quality system at a considerably lower price than he supplied...telling us it was an expensive route to take....it wasnt..it was very easy and the cheapest”
… is basically bullsh**, you have no clue for what price I would have offered anything to you.
You just wanted me to help you out and on top that I may take over the responsibility if anything goes wrong now and later, that you now have an emergency tel number? No, sorry and you are right… after I left your house I had no intention to help you any more.

Reg your neighbour:
I offered him a system, in 2013 or 2014. Finally he got a system from Paul-Ecofree who seems cheated a couple of people…. and left the island from one day to the other... 2015?
2015 or 2016 the neighbour called me to look at his system. I basically told him that the system is completely wrong designed and bad equipment used.. and if he wants me to redesign the system, I would replace all equipment, inverter, charger, cabling, batteries, everything… except the solar panels. THAT is what I told you, nothing else.
Seems that the system did not work last year (2018) and that he found somebody who was “fiddling around cheaper”. That was his decision, but has nothing to do with that I “couldn't fix” his “issues”.

You never gave the forum any info about your system, how much you payed for what equipment, for the transport, the VAT-customs, the erection, the electrician… and how many hours you spent yourself on that subject.
Basically this forum was helpful to you, but your attendance useless for us.

It seems that if things do not go exactly the way you want it, you are quite quick to blame and shame.
It seems, it is not the first time in this forum.
Kind Regards
Kibsolar1999

gillken
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 55 in Discussion

Post by gillken »

Oh dear you are miffed.
Half the rubbish you state I have no clue about.
Yes I do speak as I find...but that gets me in trouble and the likes of you go grumbling to admin.
You were offered far more than water...
You had lemonade...at my insistence after you kept refusing.

Shame on me? For what excactly?
TOO SELF IMPORTANT

Again, after you called me I came to your house, not knowing who you are.
On arrival, in the heat of the summer, you offered me a glas of water (the hospitality you mentioned)

YOU MADE IT VERY CLEAR YOU WANTED NOTHING...AT MY INSISTENCE AS IT WAS SO HOT YOU HAD LEMONADE WHICH I MADE SURE YOU DRANK

I saw a lot of equipment iam the supplier in N.Cyprus for and then realised: “that must be gillken”.
You told me that you “simply want someone with the knowledge and software to manually configure the system”
THATS CORRECT..NOTHING MORE...WE WERE CONCERNED THE BATTERIES WERE BEING OVERCHARGED ..BUT YOU COULDNT DO IT AS YOU DIDNT HAVE A CLUE. ANY DECENT HUMAN BEING WOULD HAVE CONFIGURED IT THERE AND THEN...YOU HAD YOUR SOFTWARE WITH YOU...

(for what reason, sorry, is not important for me)
YES IT WAS AS YOU ARE SUGGESTING MORE THAN WE ASKED.

= meaning, (after you got info in this forum) you imported your own system, but never gave me a chance for a site survey, discuss your needs and the to be installed system nor you gave me a chance for an offer (for the whole system or “equipment only”).
YOU KEPT BUTTING IN ON THE THREAD TO GET BUSINESS FROM ME. I DONT MESS PEOPLE AROUND LIKE SOME!!

So, your saying
“Kib solar was rude about us importing our own quality system at a considerably lower price than he supplied...telling us it was an expensive route to take....it wasnt..it was very easy and the cheapest”
… is basically bullsh**, you have no clue for what price I would have offered anything to you.
WE LOOKED AT YOUR GENERIC WEBSITE AND SAW PRICES

You just wanted me to help you out and on top that I may take over the responsibility if anything goes wrong now and later, that you now have an emergency tel number? No, sorry and you are right… after I left your house I had no intention to help you any more.
TWISTING WORDS...WE ASKED YOU TO CONFIGURE OUR SYSTEM FOR A PAYMENT. OBVIOUSLY IT IS NICE TO HAVE A POINT OF CONTACT IN NORTH CYPRUS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.

Reg your neighbour:
I offered him a system, in 2013 or 2014. Finally he got a system from Paul-Ecofree who seems cheated a couple of people…. and left the island from one day to the other... 2015?
2015 or 2016 the neighbour called me to look at his system. I basically told him that the system is completely wrong designed and bad equipment used.. and if he wants me to redesign the system, I would replace all equipment, inverter, charger, cabling, batteries, everything… except the solar panels. THAT is what I told you, nothing else.
Seems that the system did not work last year (2018) and that he found somebody who was “fiddling around cheaper”. That was his decision, but has nothing to do with that I “couldn't fix” his “issues”.
AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVED IN 2019 YOU POINTED AT MY NEIGHBOURS HOUSE AND TOLD ME HIS SOLAR WASNT WORKING WHEN I KNEW IT WAS...YOU BECAME AGGRESSIVE AND INSISTENT THAT I WAS WRONG.

MY NEIGHBOUR SORTED OUT HIS SYSTEM WITHOUT RIPPING IT OUT. NOTHING AS DRASTIC AS YOU MADE OUT....BEEN WORKING PERFECTLY EVER SINCE

You never gave the forum any info about your system, how much you payed for what equipment, for the transport, the VAT-customs, the erection, the electrician… and how many hours you spent yourself on that subject.
Basically this forum was helpful to you, but your attendance useless for us.
NOPE YOUR CORRECT...I WAS ASKING FOR INFO. TOLD YOU IT WAS FAR FAR FAR CHEAPER THAN ANYTHING W COULD GET ON THE ISLAND...I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE BUT YOU...YOU LOVE TO PICK HOLES IN EVERYONE.

YOU COULD NOT RESIST ADDING TO THIS THREAD AFTER YOUR VISIT TO MAKE DEROGATORY REMARKS THAT I FELT NEEDED A REACTION...BET YOUR EGO IS VERY PEEVED NOW....

It seems that if things do not go exactly the way you want it, you are quite quick to blame and shame.
It seems, it is not the first time in this forum.
Kind Regards
Kibsolar1999

THE END...

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Can your ridiculous mud slinging be done off forum please you two are worse than children in the playground.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 55 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Are you going to tell us how much your system ended up costing you? And was it worth the effort? So we can decide the winner? I have a 5kw net metering system £*%@… funny enough installed by your mate Kibsolar.

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 55 in Discussion

Post by The indicator »

We too have 5kw installed by Kibsolar very professional efficient and knowledgeable.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 55 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

The indicator wrote:We too have 5kw installed by Kibsolar very professional efficient and knowledgeable.
Yeah, but how much was it?

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”