VIPTV

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

VIPTV

•   Message 1 of 34 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Is anyone else having problems with VIPTV, mine is constantly freezing and virtually unwatchable. I have contacted Multimax who are saying it's not their problem. So I would be interested to know if others are having problems.

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: VIPTV

•   Message 2 of 34 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

us also

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

No matter what configuration I used last night speeds were abysmal ... today speeds are OK so far.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

No matter what configuration I used last night speeds were abysmal ... today speeds are OK so far.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 34 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

Film on were bad yesterday but my sling box was ok, maybe too much traffic for there servers

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 34 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Have you contacted Eno?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

VIPTV I don't use... all internet speeds were bad.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 34 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Groucho wrote:VIPTV I don't use... all internet speeds were bad.
Reception on Arriva/Satellite cyprus was fine.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 34 in Discussion

Post by cypruselectronics »

Hi friends,

Since tomorrow night and today totally two friends contacted with me from different areas, one of them said after reboot his MAG box problem solved.

Perhaps it will helps to switch of everything (modem, poe adapter and MAG box) wait around one minutes and switch on and try again please.

Our clients mostly using same ISP.
I never write anything negative about any ISP because this kind of problem can happens from both side and also there can be a delay on the way from internet to the service side.

Personally I have two different ISP.
I am out with my family now, and following this topic from my mobile.

Tonight or evening I will try both of my internet connections to the service and confirm the results.

Everyone with me usually knows each other, anytime you can email me if you having a problem with all service or some with details please and can ask each other as well.

I am happy to see here a topic because everyone can share their status, positive or negative and we can unserstand better what happens.

Thank you.

Have a good weekend for everyone.

With regards,

Eno

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 34 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Always best to reboot an internet service before viewing.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 34 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

On VIPTV Catchup, I've found that BBC1 HD is more stable, today, than the SD channels.

HH

smudger7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 34 in Discussion

Post by smudger7 »

I have had no issue at all with Eno's VIPTV, if on rare occasion is buffering I do reboot of the router and all is back fine.

This is the same in the UK so not a local issue, however I do find now that I am with Nethouse my speed and service in Catalkoy is vastly improved.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 34 in Discussion

smudger7 wrote:I have had no issue at all with Eno's VIPTV, if on rare occasion is buffering I do reboot of the router and all is back fine.

This is the same in the UK so not a local issue, however I do find now that I am with Nethouse my speed and service in Catalkoy is vastly improved.
Thanks for your positive reply Graham. You're with me more than a year.. Messages on this topic is about top package (with catch up service) and you're using the other package.

I've checked about the service and today seems back to normal not a hundred percent but better than the weekend, I can see on some channels sometimes freezes and suddenly carries on but seems watchable.

Problem could be from our service on some channels or the traffic on the Internets was too much especially yesterday because of the mayor elections on North Cyprus and also presidential election on Turkey, most people following from the Internets,social media,live channels etc.

Please carry on if someone still having a problem by emailing me or here as as well.

And the others also can keep sharing if their systems also back to normal or not yet...

Thank you.

I wish friends a good week...

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 34 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Definitely better today, but there is still some stuttering on all BBC and ITV channels.

As Eno wrote, it doesn't seem to last long, but is annoying.

Hoping that I don't miss any goals in tonight's World Cup games.

HH

thickey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 34 in Discussion

Post by thickey »

How much does vip tv cost. do you just download from the internet ?

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 34 in Discussion

thickey wrote:How much does vip tv cost. do you just download from the internet ?
Hi, you can send PM or email me from here for further details or also can email to "[email protected]"

Thank you..

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 34 in Discussion

Unfortunately we had a temporarily problem with the system today between 7 or 8 pm to 10:30 pm.

It seems system back and keep watching.

Apologize for this happens.

We think that there is a catch up problem on one or some channels.

And it's not easy to find which service catch up having a problem?

If you know any please report us, so can control better, find the reason and fix it.

I emailed everyone one by one and also wants to share from here.

Thanks for your help and attention.

smudger7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 34 in Discussion

Post by smudger7 »

No email to me, but then again service has been great for me and best capabilities to watch UK tv & films i have tried over the past 8 years in TRNC.

Well done Eno

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 34 in Discussion

smudger7 wrote:No email to me, but then again service has been great for me and best capabilities to watch UK tv & films i have tried over the past 8 years in TRNC.

Well done Eno
Good morning.

No email to you because you are using standard package and I have a full control of your system, we don't have any problem on your package thats why.

Still have a temporarly problem on the catch up package on some mag boxes and once reported since yesterday night working to fix it one by one.

Thanks for your feedback...

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 34 in Discussion

Dear UK Top Package (catch up) system users please follow this instructions who is getting

"Time on device is not synchronized" message.

You should fix date and time setting on your mag set top box.

You can control this from

In general

Go to settings

Then go to servers

Then general

Then if you see inside

" pool.ntp.org "

Normally this already should changed automatically to our system but if you still have this we need to change this by manually.

Contact with me to help you please...

If you already see that changed with private one and still having that notice you will need to switch off your MAG box from electric (Plug out adapter cable please) and plug in switch on again and try. It should back to work.

Thanks for your attention..

Eno

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 34 in Discussion

Dear friends,

Once who are especially looking for UK TV including catch up service I decided to having this service.

Since 3 months installations please friends who having our UK TV including catch up service package report here if also having a serious problem with the system especially if it's working or not, good, bad, average? Many years using these kind of systems and must having an experience...

One friend called me tonight and he said their system not working on their mag 250 box and he wants refund. We need to be patient to understand what is happening.

If he is right and if it's our fault, I will refund...But before, I am planning to get my portable 3g internet router there to try with different internet to see and try to understand what happened.

I am always trying to help even if the night or the weekend and if one person having a problem in one call without sure what happened on their side this really makes me unhappy and I wanted to share here.

I always agreed that problem can be from the system (Nobody expecting an excellent system especially in North Cyprus) or on that time problem can be from their internet either can be from their Mag box.

If someone can reply positive or negative on this topic who have already our system I would be grateful.

I know we cannot make happy everyone but if someone happy with this I feel also happy as well..

Thanks for your attention...

smudger7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 34 in Discussion

Post by smudger7 »

I can recommend your service, usually a router reboot sorts out any delays, the 1 time it didn't you sorted within 20 minutes and this was after 9pm so best service I have found for tv at a reasonable cost as well so all the better.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 34 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Totally agree with Smudger's comments, a very good service. If there are problems a reboot usually helps, if not, it's probably an internet issue.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 34 in Discussion

Good morning friends,

Many thanks for your valuable comments...

Yesterday I've visited my customer and it seems problem solved.

The problem was from their Mag 250 set top box software.

Already doesn't have an original firmware. Private software installed from the old company. It was working until now, but this incompatibility happened and our service stopped.

I changed the software to the original one and updated to the latest firmware which I shared on this section two days ago and system back to work.

So it's my mistake to live that box with the other companies software from the beginning, always better to use original software even if private subscription doesn't have a special software.

P.S. Private software's may not have "speedtest" option at the settings or advanced settings menu, when you are go into Inner portal but stock firmware have this.

I showed my customer, we did speedtest from their internet "wifi connection on tablet" and got around 17.55 Mbps, the result on the same internet with the wired connection on"Mag 250 box" was around 7 Mbps...
This is important for us because even if you have around 8 Mbps, your Mag box may have less than 4 Mbps,
"it's usually half or less than half from other devices speedtest results"...On Androix boxes or Laptops etc. results not like this.
Already shared this information but can share again for the followers.

If you are trying to watching High Definition channels especially during live matches, speed should me minimum 8 Mbps,
This requirement usually same for any ip tv services.

Thanks for your attention...

Yilly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Yilly »

Full IPTV Service to watch football, PPV events, All of Sky, Optional Adult TV, Multiple Countries
UK, USA, Italy, Spain, Arabic & Turkish + Many More
£14 Per Month + Initial 70 TL Setup & Training from Alsancak - Arapkoy
48hr Trial Available

Minimum Internet required as the majority of channels are HD is 8 Mbps service.

The 2nd option if you have a SmartTV, Firestick Existing box do not want Premium Channel just want UK standard Channels you can sign up for Smar DNS service 14 day free trial Full subscription includes Global VPN options and ability to unlock US Netflix Just click on below link

https://goo.gl/kqDMYQ

Price After the 14days FREE trial
Subscription packages are just $39.90 USD for 1 year
or $49.90 for 2 years
or try monthly $4.90

If you have any questions please PM me with a phone number and I will call you.

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 34 in Discussion

Notice:

Good evening my VIP TV users,

there are maintenance on most BBC's and ITV's.

We have totally 10 - ITV 1 channels and and 12 - BBC ONE channels depends on the regions. Usually shows same program now.

Please try all whenever you need especially for this channels.

Thank you.

Eno

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 34 in Discussion

Maintenance finished in a couple of hours.

Thanks for your patient.

Studleyjupiter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Studleyjupiter »

Anybody subscribing to multi max ISP note that there is a fair use policy in place where by after a set amount of GB data download per day (package dependent ) your Internet MBPS speeds are dramatically reduced meaning that you will not be able to use IPTV because the MBPS speeds are far to low,so all you will get is buffering and freezing and basically an unwatchable screen.
You will need an ISP that is offering a set guranteed MBPS of at least 4 MBPS from my experience to get a good constant buffer free signal on BBC Iplayer itV hub more 4 My5 etc.
If you are watching a reasonable amount of TV then MM ISP fair use policy will be a daily issue as you are throttled on your bandwidth MBPS download speeds after using your daily GB download limit.

Studleyjupiter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Studleyjupiter »

https://www.mmcyp.com/en/traffic-management.php

TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT

What is Traffic Management?

On any given day, the vast majority of our customers, those who use the internet for emailing, browsing, gaming, listening to music online won’t be affected at all by Traffic Management. Traffic Management is only applied to a minority of customers who are downloading and uploading above average volumes of data during peak times.

There will always be some users who download and upload a lot more than most of us. Without Traffic Management this small number of users would flood the network with data traffic during peak times, which can slow things down for everyone else.

Multimax therefore believes it is fair to put temporary speed restrictions on the heavier users during peak times. Multimax do not restrict the amount of data, only the speeds at which the data is downloaded or uploaded during peak times. This need to manage peak time traffic is particularly necessary, as Multimax, unlike other ISPs, do not place artificial limits on the speed of our customers connection other than those imposed by the Traffic Management policy. We believe this is the best way to make sure everyone can enjoy the best possible broadband speeds across our network.

How does Traffic Management apply to me?

If you are one of our customers using Multimax internet for emailing, browsing, gaming and listening to music it’s highly unlikely that Traffic Management will apply to you. You will only ever be traffic managed if you have been uploading or downloading a very large amount of data during peak times, and reached the limit set for your broadband tier. For example 1.5 hours of live television, videos or You Tube will use approximately 1GB of data.

What times are considered peak and off peak?

Multimax Peak times are 16.00 to midnight, Off Peak times are midnight to 15.59.

What volumes of data usage trigger Traffic Management?

Off Peak 00.00-15.59 Peak 16.00-00.00  Tier1*Tier2*Tier3*MM PlatinumUnlimited Usage
No Speed LimitFirst 5GB
No Speed LimitSecond 5GB
Max 6MbpsOver 10GB
Max 3MbpsMM GoldUnlimited Usage
No Speed LimitFirst 3GB
No Speed LimitSecond 3GB
Max 3MbpsOver 6GB
Max 2MbpsMM Gold FreedomUnlimited Usage
No Speed LimitFirst 3GB
No Speed LimitSecond 3GB
Max 3MbpsOver 6GB
Max 2MbpsMM Apartment StandardUnlimited Usage
No Speed LimitFirst 3GB
No Speed LimitOver 3GB
Max 3Mbps MM Apartment LiteUnlimited Usage
No Speed LimitFirst 1.5GB
No Speed LimitOver 1.5GB
Max 2Mbps

*Any speed restrictions applied as a result of exceeding traffic management peak usage limits are automatically removed and reset at 2 am of the following day they were applied.

How do I avoid Traffic Management?

Save heavy downloads for off peak times. Leave your computer to download overnight, from midnight onwards.

If you are using an IP TV set top box during peak periods, remember to turn off or put it in standby as well as your TV when you have finished. Failing to turn off your box may result in the TV box continuing to download content, even though your TV is off!

cypruselectronics
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 34 in Discussion

Good morning.

Bandwidth Consumption

Standard Definition (SD) TV channels typically use 2-5 Mbit/s and High Definition (HD) channels use 4-10 Mbit/s,

1 hour usage of ip tv = 1 gb internet usage

But depends on the picture quality (live channel or video on demand) usage can be between 0.5 - 1.5 gb per hour...

I think nobody expected always perfect results from any isp or any ip tv dealer.

People always try to have the best with reasonable price as much as can.
Last edited by cypruselectronics on Fri 19 Oct 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 31 of 34 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Studleyjupiter wrote:Anybody subscribing to multi max ISP note that there is a fair use policy in place where by after a set amount of GB data download per day (package dependent ) your Internet MBPS speeds are dramatically reduced meaning that you will not be able to use IPTV because the MBPS speeds are far to low,so all you will get is buffering and freezing and basically an unwatchable screen.
You will need an ISP that is offering a set guranteed MBPS of at least 4 MBPS from my experience to get a good constant buffer free signal on BBC Iplayer itV hub more 4 My5 etc.
If you are watching a reasonable amount of TV then MM ISP fair use policy will be a daily issue as you are throttled on your bandwidth MBPS download speeds after using your daily GB download limit.
If you know of an ISP in north Cyprus that offers a connection that provides a guaranteed 4mbs minimum speed, rather than an 'up to' 4Mbs, then please do share the name and price of this connection. I would also suggest just because an ISP does not, like MM, explicitly details their fair usage policy up front on their website, this does not mean they have no such policies themselves. Try asking them.

As to your claim that you need a minimum guaranteed 4Mb//s throughput in order to stream TV, this is not what the BBC (or ITV or Netflix or BT etc etc) say. With respect I suspect they are better informed about such issues than you are. For example https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/trou ... _bandwidth
High quality BBC iPlayer programmes stream at up to 5 Mbps or megabits (5000 kbps) and our standard quality version is 1.5 Mbps (1500 kbps).
Or looking at it in terms of volume of data used per hour http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/interne ... 4285810446
The BBC’s iPlayer is the most popular catch-up and streaming service in the UK. An hour of TV will take up about 644MB
So using MM platinum package. streaming standard quality constantly from 4pm (when our fair usage policy starts) after 7.75 hours your maximum speed would drop from 'as fast as the device allows' to an imposed maximum limit of 6Mb/s. This would take you to about 11.30pm. So from 11.30pm till 2am, your connection would be limited to a maximum of 6Mb//s as a result of streaming standard def constantly throughout the entire peak time usage period and would run at all other times without any limits on maximum speed. Or you could get a connection that is permanently limited to a maximum up to speed of 4mb/s at all times, will never run faster than 4Mb/s and that may well have its own undisclosed usage policy in peak times to boot.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 34 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Studleyjupiter,
I watch more than a reasonable amount of TV in the evenings. I don’t appear to have the problems you describe.
I think you will find that some people have problems because they use Mag type boxes, or so it seems having read lots of post on the subject.
It’s not always the ISP at fault.
I very very rarely have problems with Sky, Netflix, Amazon video, but I subscribe to these services. I rarely have problems with BBC iplayer, ITV Hub, Channel 4, channel 5.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 33 of 34 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Mr Chinnery wrote:Studleyjupiter,
I watch more than a reasonable amount of TV in the evenings. I don’t appear to have the problems you describe.
I think you will find that some people have problems because they use Mag type boxes, or so it seems having read lots of post on the subject.
It’s not always the ISP at fault.
I very very rarely have problems with Sky, Netflix, Amazon video, but I subscribe to these services. I rarely have problems with BBC iplayer, ITV Hub, Channel 4, channel 5.
Exactly. The simple truth is that there is a hierarchy of reliability for internet based streaming video that is related to legitimacy and competency / resources of the entity providing the stream.

Netflix is entirely legitimate for use in Cyprus and Turkey and is a large global company that pretty much created the legitimate streaming market. Surprise surprise it is also the most reliable consistent streaming source as well in my experience (have been netflix subscriber for many years now).

Next in the hierarchy would be content that is freely available online in say the UK, provided by entities like the BBC and ITV directly (large competent companies with experience and expertise). As long as you use a reliable and competent VPN/DNS redirect service to make it look like you are in the UK then my experience is that these sources are also reliable.

Next would be IPTV services that take both free to air content from various sources and countries as well as 'paid for' (stolen) content and bundle them up and resell them for a charge. Things in this realm are much more variable depending on the specific IPTV supplier but typically these entities are not of the size or scale or have the same levels of competency as the likes of Netflix or the BBC. My experience is that these sources are noticeably less reliable than Netflix or BBC with a decent VPN service. There is at least however some 'revenue' that accrues to those entities supply such services which places them above my final category.

Last in the list would be things like 'kodi' and 'mobdro' and similar which just link to any streams they can find of any content they can find without any charge. The entities providing the source streams for the likes of mobdro could be anyone and you have no way of knowing who the source might be. At one extreme they may be a bored teenager sitting somewhere in the UK who decides they are gonna share their sky sports with the world. just for kicks. Even if they are more 'professional' than this there is still no direct mechanism by which they can charge end users for access to the content. Surprise surprise sources such as these are in my experience the least reliable and consistent of sources.

In analogy terms 'level 3' is akin to in the 80's not buying the latest VHS movie release from HMV but buying it much cheaper from a geezer down the local market and finding that the picture quality is not good at all and then blaming Panasonic that the VHS player you bought is no good. Category 4 would be like being given a VHS copy of a movie down the market for free and then deciding that if the picture quality is no good it must be the fault of the people who sold you the VHS player.

This is not to say that your ISP can not be the cause of streaming problems. It can, just like a faulty VHS player could be the source of a bad picture problems in the 80's analogy. However it is not uncommon for people using systems 3 and 4 in the list above to be convinced that the cause of their problems with a given service is their ISP, sometimes even when they also have say Netflix and they admit that works ok but when they try and watch the big sky sports 1 big match via mobdro ti breaks up badly.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 34 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Erol wrote:-
Kerry you make it sound like the only use for an internet connection is to be able to stream a single SD quality TV channel at any given time. This may well be the case for you and some other internet users but it is certainly not the case for me personally or I suspect some other internet's users either.

So using MM platinum package. streaming standard quality constantly from 4pm (when our fair usage policy starts) after 7.75 hours your maximum speed would drop from 'as fast as the device allows' to an imposed maximum limit of 6Mb/s. This would take you to about 11.30pm. So from 11.30pm till 2am, your connection would be limited to a maximum of 6Mb//s as a result of streaming standard def constantly throughout the entire peak time usage period and would run at all other times without any limits on maximum speed.

So what can the other Platinum customer expect who apparently wants to stream multiple SD or even HD quality TV and the odd bit of online gaming with the grandkids?

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”