Mincemeat - for tarts!

Share your recipes with other Kibkom members. Find out where to buy food & drink products in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Mincemeat - for tarts!

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Anybody spotted any jars of this stuff in the North recently? Have eaten all ours and need more to make more mince pies with - Ta.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Mincemeat - for tarts!

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have seen it in Sah, Atakara and Illelis in the last week. This is the time I buy next years stock!!

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

none in Sah, Tempo or Supreme on Wednesday.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

None in Sah today either! Will try Atakara and Illelis tomorrow and post result later in the evening.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

bought mine in Lemar in Bogaz iskele last week

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

It's really easy to make your own. There are a load of recipes including a quickie one on BBC website.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/133 ... -mincemeat

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

No Christmas puddings either

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I see the Mods are well on the ball when it comes to things people are trying to find! I finally found the original post now moved to here - can't take up too much space on the main forum I guess. Anyway as promised - Atakara = No Mincemeat there either! Yes, you can make your own and if my name was Robertsons I would consider it but as they have been producing faultless mincemeat for many years how can I expect to exceed my requirements myself? Hey Ho, off to the South on Monday.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

waddo wrote: Yes, you can make your own and if my name was Robertsons I would consider it but as they have been producing faultless mincemeat for many years how can I expect to exceed my requirements myself? Hey Ho, off to the South on Monday.
Fair enough. Have surprised myself by making a lot of things I never would have dreamed of making in the UK, just because it wasn't available here and had a yen for it.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

For those lazy gits like me - Alfa Mega has shelf loads of long dated Dueres Mincemeat, will it did at 10:30 this morning and as I only bought two jars there should be the odd one left tomorrow! Could not find Robertsons anywhere so I guess it is very popular as it was sold out. Will store the jars I bought and make my own variation to see if I can emulate the real deal as well - loads of different recipes available so it's worth a try now I can fall back on real stuff. In case anyone interested, in Sah they are selling some new style cake tins (proper mince pie size - lol) that have holes in the base of the tins. These things are magic and I can finally make some super things without fear that the pastry is not properly cooked.

Will be glad when summer returns and I can get back to gardening instead of intruding on the Boss's domain in the kitchen - lol.

Return to “FOOD & DRINK - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”