Latest on Istanbul Airport

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Latest on Istanbul Airport

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Latest on Istanbul Airport

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Don'y quite understand this. Is Atterturk airport being closed and all passengers being diverted to the hew airport? My wife is due to travel via Atturk on the 7th April will she be there or the new airport? Anyone know?
thanlks
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Your wife will go into the new airport, all flights after 12:01 on 7/4 will go into new airport. Perhaps clear it with the people your wife booked the flight with. One assumes all people affected by this will be contacted and told about the change.

Remember times given are local times.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

As of 31st March, Turkey will be in sync time wise with TRNC, GMT +2 until end of October anyway.

The new airport is further away from Istanbul centre than Sabiha Gökçen and the only mode of public transport to the centre is bus. A metro station is planned for next year to link it to Taksim.

Details of public and private transfer costs can be found here https://airmundo.com/en/airports/istanb ... portation/

If you are thinking of using public transport, consider getting an Istanbul card, see this link for details https://theistanbulinsider.com/how-to-g ... -worth-it/

You should be able to purchase the card and top it up at the airport via a machine, you certainly can at Atatürk Airport.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Well I am now really confused. My wife was ticketed for Ercan to Gatwick via Attaturk. All I have received is a text and an e-mail saying about rebooking the flights of cancelling them. Is there still the option for the flights via Istanbul to go ahaed or do I have to take some action? Anyone know or is it another trip to Ercan to try an sort it out
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

mickhm wrote:Well I am now really confused. My wife was ticketed for Ercan to Gatwick via Attaturk. All I have received is a text and an e-mail saying about rebooking the flights of cancelling them. Is there still the option for the flights via Istanbul to go ahaed or do I have to take some action? Anyone know or is it another trip to Ercan to try an sort it out
Just take her to Ercan, she can book in with the airline involved, clear Immigration/Customs and proceed to the gate notified. The flight will take off and land in an Istanbul airport, from whence she will transfer to the LGW flight already booked and pre-arranged by the airline. You can go back home and chill knowing she is safely on her way.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

If booked by TA then it is best to call the booking centre and verify the flights as if not they may cancel your booking, we have had to do this twice for our flights due to time changes

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Sitting on a plane in the new airport 50 minutes late and still at the gate.
Not a single announcement either.
Considering only 3 flights tonight seems like the proverbial p'up in a brewery.
I wonder what will happen in 3 weeks time....

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Turns out it was a mechanical problem with the plane.

The airport itself is fantastic. It looks ready to go except that most of the shops and restaurants need stocking and opening.
Great to have gates and not have to bus it to the plane.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

We were due to fly to Birmingham on 6th April and return on 20th. Had an email saying no flights on 6th, so changed to 7th..... except my Ercan flight was still showing 6th, which would have meant overnight in Istanbul. The return flight from Birmingham to Istanbul was changed to the 21st, presumably because I had originally booked 14 days, but, the flight from Istanbul to Ercan was still 20th.... which meant I had to leave for Ercan the day before I got to Istanbul..... lol. Decided the easiest thing was to pop into the TA office in Lefkosa. Very helpful lady sorted out the problem in 10 minutes, and we now have proper connecting flights, albeit a day later than planned either way. Glad we went in and got it sorted

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”