Another brexit poll

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Anyone who voted leave in referendum should have no say in how the UK leaves

I voted leave in the referendum and believe the statement to be true.
19%
I voted leave in the referendum and believe the statement to be false.
56%
I voted remain in the referendum and believe the statement to be true.
6%
I voted remain in the referendum and believe the statement to be false.
19%

Total votes: 16

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Another brexit poll

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Still curious I am afraid. If you are going to vote please do try and read the options carefully first

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Another brexit poll

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

No option available for those who had no vote, but yet who still have an opinion?

Or are we not allowed to have one (rather like the question itself!!!!)?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Mowgli597 wrote:No option available for those who had no vote, but yet who still have an opinion?

Or are we not allowed to have one (rather like the question itself!!!!)?
My bad. I suggest if you want to vote, you vote based on how you would have voted in 2016 ref, had you not been deny such right by dint of having been not resident in uk for more than 15 years.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

How about I voted leave and am deeply suspicious that if we will leave it will be in name only and I voted remain and wish to remain without any amendment to the EU

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:How about I voted leave and am deeply suspicious that if we will leave it will be in name only and I voted remain and wish to remain without any amendment to the EU
Anyone on the forum is free to create and post any poll they like. If anyone wants to do so but is unsure of how, then PM me and ill do my best to help.

So ETS, can I ask, if you believe that anyone who voted to remain in 2016, be it normal citizen or MP, has no right to a say on how we leave ? That how we leave should be decided only by those who voted leave in 2016 ?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:

So ETS, can I ask, if you believe that anyone who voted to remain in 2016, be it normal citizen or MP, has no right to a say on how we leave ? That how we leave should be decided only by those who voted leave in 2016 ?
Not at all but I firmly believe that the vast majority of those who voted to remain have never accepted the result and those that do grudgingly accept that we might leave want us to leave in name only. Let's be honest this hasn't started since the government got themselves into a pickle, it started the morning after the result.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

I voted Leave in 2016 and would do so again if came to another vote without doubt.
I have no problem with anyone getting involved in the process to leave negotiations so long as they are working for the goal of leaving, what I do object to is people in power doing everything they can to frustrate the leave process because they can't or won't accept the result and going against the result of the referendum.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
erol wrote:

Not at all but I firmly believe that the vast majority of those who voted to remain have never accepted the result and those that do grudgingly accept that we might leave want us to leave in name only. Let's be honest this hasn't started since the government got themselves into a pickle, it started the morning after the result.
Do you think I, as things stand now, am one of those ?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:I voted Leave in 2016 and would do so again if came to another vote without doubt.
I have no problem with anyone getting involved in the process to leave negotiations so long as they are working for the goal of leaving, what I do object to is people in power doing everything they can to frustrate the leave process because they can't or won't accept the result and going against the result of the referendum.
Do you think I am one such person (not someone in power of course) ?

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

erol wrote:
turtle wrote:I voted Leave in 2016 and would do so again if came to another vote without doubt.
Do you think I am one such person (not someone in power of course) ?
To be honest Erol I don't really know whether you are or not......in the early days our discussions were very open with you defending the whole workings of the EU and me highliting the failings, if you remember you were the EU's biggest fan (I think) but now you seem to have mellowed considerabley.
You still like to apportion blame to most situations other than remainer meddlings which indicates to me that you may be "one of those such persons".
Maybe not directly involved but a supporter from a distance but from recent posts you had with PiD I think you maybe with the many millions who are now sick to the back teeth with it all...lets hope the next few weeks bring this whole sorry affair to an end.
So as I said I'm not sure really.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:lets hope the next few weeks bring this whole sorry affair to an end.
As much as I would like it not to be the case, if we can and do in the next few weeks get over the threshold of passing a withdrawal agreement and move on to the 'transition period', i think (to paraphrase Winston Churchill), that would not be the end, it would not even be the beginning of the end but it will make the end of the beginning. Moving on to the the transition period will be a crucial point, and will mark the point that any possible way of brexit not happening or being reversed reduces to near zero because at that point there will be 'no way back' without the UK having to join the Euro, sign up to schengen, and for go various others 'opt outs' and 'exceptions' that we had been able to negotiate during our 40 years of being in that would be impossible to 'put back' again. But this is I am afraid far far from 'ending'. We have a minimum of another year and nine months of this, with much of the 'second round' being a replay of the first or even potentially worse (though you have to hope some lessons were learnt) all be it with any realistic possibility that exit will not happen at all or gets reversed gone. And on that 'happy' note I am gonna call it a night

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

I am under no illusion that things will end when an agreement is arrived at, what I meant was we can at least move on to the next stage and start knocking together some sort of trading arrangement....you are right in the fact that it is not going to be easy as the last 3 years has shown us however the next bit will be a completely different scenario and with a good negotiating team in place I think we will see a different EU to the one we have seen in the last 3 years.

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”