Mobile gone in to to Safe Mode

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Mobile gone in to to Safe Mode

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I've never known this happen before. It's gone into safe mode during the night when it was being charged. Its printed all along the bottom of the screen. My WhatsApp icon has gone from the front screne as well, although it still shows on the list of Apps when I go into Advanced settings. Beside the WhatsApp Icon it says "Uninstall" and "Force Stop" and I'm loathe to do either. Also the small green WhatsApp icon has gone from beside all those in my Contacts. So far I haven't found out anything else affected by Safe Mode, but I'm sure here must be more. Thanks.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Mobile gone in to to Safe Mode

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Top answer in Google comes up with:-

Exit safe mode
Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
On your screen, tap Restart . If you don't see "Restart," continue holding the power button for about 30 seconds, until your device restarts.

Hopefully that will get you back to normal.

Also have a look at https://www.technipages.com/help-my-and ... -safe-mode

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks alphamike………………………..why the hell I didn't do that myself I have no idea!!!!! Had to wait the longer time in order to see restart. The only big problem now is that all the WhatsApp information on my contact list has gone. On a Wuawei there isn't a separate contact list for WhatsApp and non WhatsApp users. It's all the same, just that WhatsApp users have a tiny little WhatsApp icon next to their name. Can't find anything on the Wuawei fault finder. I save a fortune using WhatsApp, especially UK and Australia. I may have to uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp, certainly hope not!!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

No worries. If it’s Huawei phone just ask the Chinese intelligence services to give you a list of your contacts

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I've got an Honor 9 Lite, which is a Huawei phone. The contacts on WhatsApp are listed separately on my phone. Go into WhatsApp, and on the Chats section hit the green button at the bottom right on screen, comes up with list of contacts on WhatsApp. If you've already tried this, sorry, that's as far as my knowledge goes on the subject. Hope that you get it sorted, even if you do have to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

[quote="Mowgli597"]No worries. If it’s Huawei phone just ask the Chinese intelligence services to give you a list of your contacts

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Sophie another way is to go onto I tunes and back it up and see what it tells you to do.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”