Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Poll

•   Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

If you see or hear the word "Brexit" once more will you

1. Have hysterics and run screaming from the room

2. Throw the pc, phone or whatever out of the window

3, Go to bed, pull the covers over your head and hope the nightmare will go away.

4. Sit down quietly with a cup of calming camomile tea and breath deeply

5. Site down quietly with a very large glass of Scotch,

6. None of the above

7, All of the above

9. Other, Please specifyy

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Poll

•   Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

The subject of Brexit might not be that important to you RR residing in TRNC however for us in the UK it is of great importance and will shape peoples lives for a generation or more.
I appreciate that it has gone on way too long and people are sick of it but it’s a forum for people to air their views and you can personally choose whether to read those posts or not ?
For me there is loads of stuff posted on here of which I have no interest in at all but I just ignore it but is of importance to some people.
Hopefully the Brexit thing is coming to the end of stage one then you can all take a sigh of relief and return to your lost dogs and things for sale posts.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

This was posted in the 'jokes' section of the forum - which is easy to miss

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Tbh I hesitated then saw it was in jokes.....

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Oh for Goodness Sake I give in , no wonder this forum is getting so stale, does no one here have a sense of humour? Have you never heard the saying "I laugh so that I may not cry". ? Of course I take Brexit serious, it affects our lives too, particularly those of us who have UK based income, but going on and on about it does not make anything better and a laugh relieves tension,

And for the record I find the number of bought and sold sales posts boring too, but there are those who like them, and the the Lost Dog threads save an important purpose.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:Oh for Goodness Sake I give in , no wonder this forum is getting so stale, does no one here have a sense of humour?
For what it is worth I think that turtle's response was clearly a result of him not noticing that it had been posted in the jokes section - something that anyone could easily do - rather than down to him (or anyone here as you imply) not having a sense of humour.
Ragged Robin wrote:And for a forum based in North Cyprus , the subect of Brexit does seem to be taking over.

And for the record I find the number of bought and sold sales posts boring too, but there are those who like them, and the the Lost Dog threads save an important purpose.
For me, not reading or responding to threads on a forum like this that you have no interest in is the best 'solution' to the problem of them being here than any alternative, like responding in a thread you have no interest in that you have no interest in it, or complaining about them being here, or asking soner or mods to stop them being here or any other response I can imagine.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Erol is correct...I never saw the "Joke" in the section, something I never look at actually when ever I reply to a thread ?...my apologies.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Excerpt from the Forum Rules: -

Jokes Use "Joke: " in front of the title of all joke posts. Do not over saturate the forum
with jokes. Try not to upset people and keep them clean

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Keith: I did actually think about putting a smilie to indicate a joke and them thought it was unnecessary as people would understand it, particularly as it was in the jokes section! Silly me. I wont try add a tough of light humour to the forum again.

The whole point of this type of humour is that you do not see the joke until you have read half of it.

Turtle thanks, no hard feelings!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote: I wont try add a tough of light humour to the forum again.
Or another approach you might consider is to not stop posting the occasional joke to the forum, put 'joke' in the title and just not get upset or offended if someone responds in a way that indicates they clearly have not realised it is a joke ?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Have just read that back my post above and am worried it may come across wrong so let me try and add some 'detail'. I sincerely and genuinely think it would be a shame if this experience leads to you never again trying to add a touch of light humour to the forum. I do not think it has too or that the forum is inherently unable to 'take' such injections of humour either because of the way it is structured or because of the people who use it. I know of many examples that show that the forum can 'take' such. Sometimes such efforts can and do 'go wrong' but other times they do not. Please do not stop trying to do such just because of this one experience.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

People do have different senses of humour. Mine can sometimes be somewhat ironic and "tongue in the cheek" and not everyone get it As I said earlier part of the joke is that you only realise part way through that it is a joke! Signalling before hand actually ruins the point! The forum that I was "brought up with" did a lot of this type of humour but they did have a whistling smilie which indicated that a throw away remark or joke was not to be taken too seriously. Perhaps one would be useful here!

Personally I found some of those in the jokes section a little "off colour" but they were not offensive enough to challenge and for goodness sakes life is too serious these days to be picky: lets try and add a bit more humour and see the funny side of things. I 'll try to think of something but i t is a bit off putting when one's joke falls flat and just now my mind has gone completely blank.

PS Did anyone really think I seriously meant that that people might do the things I mentioned although I have to admit I was tempted myself (joke) being so thoroughly frustrated with you know what (the B word)

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

After spending the whole day watching bbc news needed to watch something less depressing and upbeat and uplifting as a 'tonic'

have just started watching this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -episode-3

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Something else I saw today that amused me, was a post by a mother in the comments section of some newspaper article.

She explained how her two year old had become obsessed, as only 2 year olds can, with bread sticks. However given the still developing language skills of a 2 years , she found her self getting very strange looks when in the supermarket her 2 year threw a temper tantrum and appear crying and stamping their foot to be shouting 'brexit'.

Made me smile anyway

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

erol wrote:After spending the whole day watching bbc news needed to watch something less depressing and upbeat and uplifting as a 'tonic'

have just started watching this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -episode-3
My Mums friend arrested Peter Sutcliffe.....

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

not sure if this is humour or not - maybe a dark form of humour. Part of me found something humorous in it when I first came across it. Its from newsnight.

https://twitter.com/MatthewWells/status ... 5417637888

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

JOKE Come back Jim Hacker all is forgiven.

For those too young to remember Jim Hacker was the inept Minister, and Prime Minister in a really brilliant comedy /politcal satire . There is a brilliant clip some where about the EU if anyone (Keith?) can find it.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:JOKE Come back Jim Hacker all is forgiven.

For those too young to remember Jim Hacker was the inept Minister, and Prime Minister in a really brilliant comedy /politcal satire . There is a brilliant clip some where about the EU if anyone (Keith?) can find it.
A link to it has already been posted on the forum in this old thread

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... er#p202633

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Keep smiling Ragged Robin - some of us have a sense of humour

Problem is how will they wean the media off the word Brexit??

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

erol wrote:
A link to it has already been posted...
That's the one!

Thanks Erol.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thanks Catlover, the trouble is now - "S...s" law, the only jokes I can think of have double entendres or another hidden meaning which I a now afraid could be misinterpreted. AS for stopping the Media, who do you think we are - King Canute? (Joke, no disrespect intended!)

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

RR, you missed "throw-up" on your list. I for one am now Brexsick.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I had a word with Theresa May personally, told her that Britain leaving the EU would make life very awkward for us Brits living in Northern Cyprus. She was aghast that she had not considered our plight and assured me she would now make sure we stayed in.

Return to “JOKES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”