Shipping costs - UK to TRNC

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jwarry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Shipping costs - UK to TRNC

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Jwarry »

Hi all

We are planning to move out in August this year so have been checking out shipping and container costs for moving. A lot of people have recommended Olaytrans/Greens so I asked them for a quote and was very surprised by the cost. I was led to believe a 40' container containing our car and worldly goods would be around £4-5k but the quote has come back at £6.7k. Could I ask if anyone else has recently used Olaytrans/Greens for a 40 footer and what the cost was?

Thanks

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Shipping costs - UK to TRNC

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

Hi

We have just shipped our goods back to the UK in a (full to the brim) 20ft container using Olaytrans/ Greens.

Do not look anywhere else the service both companies gave us was brilliant.

We had the full service Door to Door including the full packing service (the packing team came from the South) and 5 special crates made to transport fragile items . The total cost was £4.8k.

Hurmus at Olaytrans was brilliant. In June 2018. We had to abort our move 3 day's prior to shipment due to the buyer pulling out. They held the quote until we finally. shipped our goods in April 2019 again with many date changes.

We sought quotes from Dolphin and the shipping company featured on this forum. Dolphin were more expensive, the other were not interested.

Greens were also brilliant. Debbie the Green's import agent guided us through Customs clearance at London Gateway. I must say the whole procedure it went like clockwork.

Speak with Debbie at Greens and Hurmus at Olaytrans they will give you very sound advice. You can mention my name Mel Butcher. I would say your quote looks competitive considering it is a 40ft container. I

Jwarry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Jwarry »

Thank you Aripointer that is really helpful. I knew Olaytrans/Greens were the best but I thought their quote was a little high, but I guess you get what you pay for!

happy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by happy »

Hi

We are also preparing to move to North Cyprus and have done a lot of research to find the right company. We have chosen KMR Logistics and I would rate them 10 out of 10, efficient and price competitive company. In one week they gave us a very competitive quote and organized the packing and loading of our house. I highly recommend them. If anyone want I can send their contact infos.

lasagne33
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by lasagne33 »

Hi everyone

We moved here exactly 1 year ago. I did a load of research and got about 5 quotations from different companies.

I learned that regardless of the quote the companies all ‘subbed’ out the work to Dolphin Movers.

The highest quote was 6.5K and the lowest 4K (Dolphin). This I learned when I called Dolphin (last) for a quote and they mistook me for a person from another company and knew everything about my move before I had told them anything except my name.

In the event because Dolphin would clearly get the work anyway I went with them.

Now the rub...Dolphin sent a real representative to establish our needs. They then ‘subbed’ out the packing and collection, ‘subbed’ out the transportation to the port, ‘subbed’ out the ship, ‘subbed’ out the handling agent and finally ‘subbed ‘ out the delivery.

I’m not saying they were rubbish (we had quite a few breakages) but why would you bother going anywhere else if what happened to us is the norm?

Hope this saves you money if nothing else.

Kind regards

Lasagne

Jwarry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Jwarry »

Thanks Lasagne. I was under the impression Greens/Orlaytrans have nothing to do with Dolphins?!? Also reading past reports and talking to a a number of locals I was advised to stay away from Dolphins

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”