If Brexit happens...

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

shaung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

If Brexit happens...

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by shaung »

How will we know it has been the right decision?

What would the be milestones be to show it is working and it was the best thing we could have done?

And yes, lets bear in mind the statements made to the people in the campaign to leave or remain.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: If Brexit happens...

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

shaung wrote:How will we know it has been the right decision?

What would the be milestones be to show it is working and it was the best thing we could have done?

And yes, lets bear in mind the statements made to the people in the campaign to leave or remain.
Time will tell. However, the democratic majority was 'leave', so let's go.

shaung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by shaung »

tomsteel wrote:
shaung wrote:How will we know it has been the right decision?

Time will tell. However, the democratic majority was 'leave', so let's go.
And therein lies the problem, the promised land of milk and honey now means nothing.

You wouldn't build a house or start a business on "time will tell".

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Nothing was promised. People were asked to vote on 'remain' or 'leave'. The subsequent hype depends upon which view is put forward by either side. As to starting a business or building a house/time will tell. Not even a discussion point.

shaung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by shaung »

tomsteel wrote:Nothing was promised. People were asked to vote on 'remain' or 'leave'. The subsequent hype depends upon which view is put forward by either side. As to starting a business or building a house/time will tell. Not even a discussion point.
Well I would guess more than 1 of the millions that voted to leave were hoodwinked into believing it would be such an easy thing, I'm sure you don't need me to reference the quotes. Likewise I would guess more than 1 of those same millions were aware of the mechanics of "leave". Would there be more than 1 that was fear struck by the posters of "millions" coming from Turkey (as they join the EU) to take our jobs?

So you would start a business and just hope it would work out without having a plan on how to get to each stage, I don't see a bank giving funding without a business plan. I think you are wiser than that.

Several papers have since been published that show a majority of leave voters were in areas that had suffered decades of low employment and loss of industry, such as Wales. These were making a stand against years of crippling austerity. I cannot believe that they would knowingly make a decision that was going to make them even worse off. Now long after we have Jacob saying it could be 50 years and last week Brexit Party candidate Lucy Harris stating in interview that being worse off for the short term is acceptable. When pressed on "short term" she answers 30 years. The interview ends with her saying she is happy to lose a few pounds to regain sovereignty (we never lost).

Of course it's a discussion point, it's our future at stake.

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”