POISON - Karsiyaka

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

POISON - Karsiyaka

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by katecornwell »

Please be aware and careful as this morning driving down the road past the school entrance, with my dogs at (5.20 am) there were two dogs lying dead at the side of the road not together but one near the school and the other further down - I slowed down to check but didnt want to touch them due to my four but it was definitely poison as there was foaming from the mouth. A Cypriot who was walking his dog, who I know so I slowed down and warned him, said he had seen and was going to phone the police - his words' not that it will do any good'!!!! He was as upset as I was!!

Here we go again - what is wrong with these people

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: POISON - Karsiyaka

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

There have been a lot of strays running around lately. They have been congregating between the Green Palace restaurant and my Russian neighbour who encourages them without taking any further responsibility. I have my suspicions who may have done this (more than one suspect, unfortunately, so will say no more). It really pees me off when people dump these dogs or take no responsibilty when they are born to their bitches, which they have not neutered. These dogs have been barking through the night which has not helped, I'm sure.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

oh I hope it wasn't the black bitch that has been around for a bit, or the brown and white one on the corner who is near where they tether the goats for grazing, heavy teats so assume pups are around.

they didn't ask to be born!

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

I believe that one was DelBoy, a large black docile but friendly dog that had a home on the corner of Ozgur Sokak and Baraj Sokak. Although he had a kennel inside the property he normally slept on the pavement and wandered up and down the road with "friends". What a shame.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

It was Delboy (aka Difa as in D for Dog) unfortunately, although I would have described him as dark brown. Nevertheless he was a lovely dog who harmed no-one. Several other dogs have disappeared and the area is now very quiet. I assume this was a calculated operation and that the bodies have been disposed of quickly. As a dog lover I am appalled at this method of dealing with strays, but this is what they do here (sometimes).

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”