Cost of phoning uk

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cost of phoning uk

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Can anyone tell me the cost of a call to uk on a mobile phone,cheers

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Cost of phoning uk

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

If you have a smartphone I would suggest downloading and using viber it's very cheap

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by erol »

just to be clear viber would require a smartphone not just at your end but also at the end for the person you are calling and both would have to be connected to the internet.

To answer your question, if you mean at 'standard tariff' rates (you can get 'packages' that cost more in monthly fixed fee that make such calls cheaper or even free) then the answer for turkcell is 8TL per minute. Telsim will be either the same of very close to it.

https://www.kktcell.com/en/packages/pre ... art-tariff

Are you asking because of a 'one off call' or because this is something that you will do regularly (call UK from TRNC mobile) ? If it is a 'repeat' thing then getting the right 'package' will the important thing for reducing your costs.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

michelle wrote:Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone
However, you do have a computer!

Skype generally works just fine, and using Skype it costs 1.7p per minute to call a landline in the UK.

Also, there are one or two 'Internet telephony' shops around, which allow you to make cheap calls to the UK via the internet. They set up the call for you, I believe, so you don't need to be tech-savvy!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:just to be clear viber would require a smartphone not just at your end but also at the end for the person you are calling and both would have to be connected to the internet.
For it to be free you would both need to be connected to the internet but if you used the viber out option you could phone a normal landline or mobile at the cheap rates

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

**Update** Skype are offering a free month's trial (click here) - and if you like it, you can buy a subscription for 7.74 Euros per month that gives you 400 minutes to UK mobiles and landlines. Or just stick a few Euros credit on, and 'pay as you go'.

If the people in the UK have got a computer or a smartphone, then you can call them for nothing as long as they use Skype as well.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”