Azra Claire's Cafe & Restaurant - GiRNE

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Azra Claire's Cafe & Restaurant - GiRNE

Post by katecornwell »

Have just been to lunch with my girlfriends and went to the above place in 'Tin Pan Alley' - down high street,, turn left opposite perfume store (ie first left) and follow road up - 3 min walk - restaurant on left. We were told of this place and thought we would try it out. So pleased we did - food mainly Asian plus also local cuisine. So lovely to look at a menu that had different things on it - refreshing. Food cooked to order and was honestly just lovely we all tried each others dish. They made a mistake with one of our meals which was a shame as it came out undercooked - they took it away - deducted the amount immediately off the bill and were Sooo apologetic! They then gave my friend a beautiful desert plus a piece of carrot cake -( which I am afraid us three help devour it as it was so succulent) on the house. We talked to the owner who I was sure I knew and yes I did he worked for 10 years at Bellapais Gardens which is one of my favourite restaurants - but only on special occasions as it is beautiful, food to die for but pricey! As we say you pays for what you get!

I would recommend this restaurant, my main dish was fish that I can say I have never tasted anything like it before - fab 39TL the others ranged between 37-39 TL all with superb rice etc. I could NOT apart from a piece of carrot cake have eaten another thing. A good glass of Rose wine was 20TL. Will be going back as all my friends except one - enjoyed their meal so much. Well Done Ali - I hope you do really well in the future.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Aera Claire's Cafe & Restaurant - GiRNE

Post by Deniz1 »

Its Azra Claire by the way. The owner is Ali ex Bellapais Gardens as you said.

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Azra Claire's Cafe & Restaurant - GiRNE

Post by katecornwell »

Typing Error - oops

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

Thanks Kate, a really useful post. We will go there soon.

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

Thanks for your lovely post. It was very nice to have you
Here in Azra Claire’s Restaurant very nice to meet you,looking forward to seeing you again

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

It’s Claire’s Restaurant mobile number is:05488885500 if it helps thank you

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

Hi everyone,Thank you all and thank you Kibkom.com almost everyday we have some guest coming here wich they say they see us from kibcom but some of them being lost same like our guests today wich they were a little bit tired so I told i may write something that can help AZRA CLAIRE’S Restaurant is in Kyrenia (Girne) center when you pass Combos taksi walk to dawn a little bit you will see on the left hand Girne Belediyesi and on left Deniz book Shop pass those and you will see on the left hand İş Bank than after turn from first rood on the left and walk straight you will see our restaurant on the left after little walk we are just right behind of Colony Hotel My mobile number is :05488885500 thank you again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Visited Azra Claire’s this evening and what a great find.

Mainly Asian menu with a good selection of starters and main courses. We selected vegetable spring rolls to start, followed by Singapore noodles and orange chicken with a bowl of egg fried rice. Good portions, cooked to order and very tasty.

Add to this the great service and reasonable cost it made for a good evening out.

If you are in town make the effort to walk to this restaurant, it’s easy to find and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Strong recommendation from us.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Ali and his wife have worked hard to make this place a success. I popped in for a coffee the other day and happily he is very busy. As an aside his wife makes celebration cakes to order they are delicious!

nginea
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by nginea »

Had a lovely lunch today, looking forward to going back and try something different. So much to chose from. Very tasty Asian food. Orange chicken my wife adored. Very welcoming and attentive hosts. I wish them every success in their new venture. Spread the word.

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Mr Mac »

Also went for coffee followed by lunch today. Very nice! Ali is very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Had 3 lattes one small bottle of water, complimentary bread, taramasalata, olives and a yoghurt type dip, followed by salt and pepper chicken wings with rice and chicken kebab with chips and salad total 118tl.

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Misswolves »

Could you put a location on your Facebook page.
I’m Not sure where you are.
Is there any parking nearby?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Go down Kyrenia high st take the first left about 200 mtrs on the left.

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Misswolves »

Thanks Deniz1
Hoping to go there very soon!

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Navek »

Misswolves wrote:Could you put a location on your Facebook page.
I’m Not sure where you are.
Is there any parking nearby?
Here's a Girne street map, if someone can show where Azra Claire’s is?
Girne.JPG
Sounds too good to miss

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Or just post the actual address - you know, actual street name and number, then anyone can find it on a map!

Even better would be a Google maps link or GPS coordinates

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

Hi everyone and thank you again our address is Cengizhanlı sokak cengizhan apt number 35 Kyrenia center and if you look in google map search for our restaurant name you can also find us early

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Attachments
Azra Claire.jpg

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

There is parking nearby called Amethus and we are just on the same line with it you will see after very little walk as a minute on the left hand

Misswolves
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Misswolves »

We’ve been today, it was very easy to find at the top end of Tin Pan Alley
Parking just before it was15TL for three hours.

We had a leisurely lunch including veggie spring rolls, Singapore noodles, vegetable noodles.
They were all delicious. Big portions!
I asked about veggie options and Ali said most items can be cooked without meat.
The premises are licensed although I prefer Diet Coke in these hot temperatures.

Staff were lovely-Ali and Carol and were attentive but not too attentive-Ali asked if we wanted a rest between courses, so it didn’t feel like we were being rushed out of there.

There were some lovely home made cakes on offer-but these will have to wait until another day!

Thanks very much for the recommendation.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mrsgee »

Absolutely love Azra Claire's, cannot fault the food or the service. Ali, as always, is most attentive. I would recommend it 100%. We actually did try the Wok and Roll place in Esentepe..... no contest, would not go again, Azra Claires every time. We did manage to park on the carpark just before, but found it better, and cheaper to park on the main carpark.... its really not far to walk if you are able.

cornishoggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by cornishoggy »

Went there yesterday parking in a car park virtually next to the restaurant,and Ali took our order. I had not seen him for a long time so it was lovely to catch up. The meals was scrumptious,orange chicken for me and sea food noodle dish for my friend,and the restaurant was first class. So so pleased to have found it,will be back shortly. *****
Shelly

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

We had lunch there last week, absolutely wonderful food and service. We booked ahead so he made a fuss of us. The portions were very generous and the bill for four people with drinks and three desserts was 329 TL (or thereabouts). Can not understand why it is not full of customers. Ali is indeed a very friendly and courteous host.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by sophie »

Frontalman, perhaps there are loads of people like myself, who just cannot eat the type of full meal that everyone is referring to, during the day. (hence it wasn't busy) A very small (and I mean small) salad is about my limit, washed down with gallons of water.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by ozankoys »

Is it not open in the evening?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

ozankoys wrote:Is it not open in the evening?
Maybe a 'phone call to the establishment concerned would give you a definitive answer, which you could post to the Forum? Just a thought!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

sophie wrote:Frontalman, perhaps there are loads of people like myself, who just cannot eat the type of full meal that everyone is referring to, during the day. (hence it wasn't busy) A very small (and I mean small) salad is about my limit, washed down with gallons of water.
Don't really know what to say. When I said generous what i meant was adequate for a full lunch. We only ordered one item each off the menu, in a lot of Asian restaurants that would not be enough (for me anyway). They did have salads on the menu, if my memory serves me well. If we can't eat all we are served we take it home with us in a takeaway container which most restaurants are happy to give.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

According to Trip Advisor it is open until midnght.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... trict.html

Ali Dölek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ali Dölek »

Hi everyone we are open regular days 11:00 am and weekends 9:00 am kitchen is open until 10:00 pm if we have call for late dinner to booking we are waiting for our guests and we can keep it open the restaurant as long as guests are enjoying we are happy with it thank you again for you all .

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

Thanks Ali, we'll be back as soon as we can. I hope others get the message too.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Having read this thread and followed up by reading the Trip Advisor reviews four of us went last night. I will post on Trip Advisor but the short version is we were met by Ali who was very friendly helpful and professional. We had an excellent meal after advice from Ali about what was available. All four of us had a starter and a main but sadly that did not leave any room for a pud!

I can say that the Thai red beef curry was fantastic and we will certainy return in the very near future.

It is but a few minutes walk from the main car park and we will certainly avail ourselves of their cake and drinks next time we are shopping in town shopping in the daytime.

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by aerhere »

We ate at this restaurant on Friday evening. Wonderful food and well recommended. Ali gave us information about dishes on the menu and some new dishes. We had starters, mains and dessert,each person on our table ordered different dishes and we all shared to ensure we all got a taste of everything. It was excellent and we will all return to eat there again. Well done Ali.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

At last I managed to see Ali and meet his wife Catherine and his daughter

lovely cake and ice coffee with pancake rolls to takeaway
Attachments
Ice coffee and Cake
Ice coffee and Cake

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by ljarvo »

We also tried at the weekend - we got a takeaway.

Happy with the food - and we will be back. If they can keep the consistency up Azra Claire's will do well!

eastside1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by eastside1 »

Popped in for lunch this week and thoroughly enjoyed the service and the food. Would definitely recommend as a great eateries in Girne.

The indicator
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by The indicator »

We had dinner here last night. Food was good and Ali very welcoming. Definitely worth a visit.

poppy2012
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by poppy2012 »

We coming to Kyrenia soon and would like to try AzraClaires Cafe & Restaurant my husband likes Asia food but I don’t do they do English food

Poppy

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

They do and a little turkish also

poppy2012
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by poppy2012 »

Deniz1 wrote:They do and a little turkish also
Thank you will give them a try
Poppy

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaBravo »

Have just been - superb! He is now concentrating on oriental dishes only , but they are very good and excellent value; service is excellent too.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

I believe Turkish is off the menu because there are countless establishments in and around Tin Pan Alley who serve Turkish cuisine.

lixiechick
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by lixiechick »

I finally got to this lovely restaurant this week, totally unpretentious, the most delicious food, and all so beautifully presented.
Ali and his lovely wife have opened in what used to be called Tin Pan Alley, has much improved, and not the most obvious choice of location for such fine dining, but it doesn't matter, Ali knows the importance of making you feel, welcome and valued, along with that some of the best food I have eaten in N.Cyprus, it's going to be a huge success.
Congratulations to them both.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

Isn't it wonderful to have a thread about a restaurant where all the comments are positive. Must be a first, well done Ali.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

It is. Ali and his family have been my close friends for years I am very happy for them.

poppy2012
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by poppy2012 »

frontalman wrote:I believe Turkish is off the menu because there are countless establishments in and around Tin Pan Alley who serve Turkish cuisine.
Does that mean they won’t be doing plain English food either

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Maybe not but you can get it in england.

poppy2012
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by poppy2012 »

Deniz1 wrote:Maybe not but you can get it in england.
Yes but I won’t be in England

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Mowgli597 »

poppy2012 wrote:
So why come to Cyprus to eat ‘English’ food?

Oh. Did you come here for the sun, sand and ..... something else that I used to remember but don’t any more

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

Poppy did state quite early on they did not like Asian food, only her husband I am sure if asked Ali would be able to get the chef to make up something they would like. found when my brother and his wife gluten free and non dairy there was always something the chef could make even if it was as simple as an omelette with no milk. Definitely worth thinking what you would like and contact Ali to see if he can accommodate your request especially as your husband would like the new menu.

I do remember when someone said only like English food, you know Pizza, chips, curry oh and I also like a spag bol!!

poppy2012
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by poppy2012 »

Mowgli597 wrote:
poppy2012 wrote:
So why come to Cyprus to eat ‘English’ food?

Oh. Did you come here for the sun, sand and ..... something else that I used to remember but don’t any more
No I actually live in Cyprus

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”