General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Mobile friendly forum???

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Tried using KibApp to access forum while i was in TRNC a few weeks ago, but it appears the KibKom icon in the app simply links to the forum URL which isn't responsive. Anyone know if there are any plans to make the forum responsive?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Mobile friendly forum???

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It works just fine for me!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Just tried on my mobile and iPad. Both working fine.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If uninstalling then reinstalling doesn't solve the issue, then email/message Soner with as much detail as possible (phone make/model OS ver. Etc.) and he may be able to offer some advice, or ask his programmer to look into it.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

I think I understand what MnM is saying. In website development terms, a "responsive" website is one that automatically resizes, hides, shrinks, or enlarges, a website, to make it look good and readable on all devices (desktops, tablets, and phones).

I also have a problem viewing the Kibkom Forums on my Samsung S7 (Android v.8). Much zooming has to be done to be able to read the Topics which are only in portrait mode and I am unable to rotate my mobile to landscape. After selecting a Topic, individual responses - only viewable in portrait mode - make them exceptionally difficult to read as they need to be enlarged to a decent size, and then it is necessary to scroll sideways, backwards and forwards to read each line.

I had to develop a "responsive" version for my own website in order it could be viewed easily on mobiles but perhaps the phBB Forum Software used for these Forums does not support a responsive version.

But perhaps other users could report of their mobile experiences together with phone make which may establish some pattern.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ah, I think that I understand now what MnM meant - that wasn't at all what I thought that he meant!

I think that the action required is the same - an email or PM to Soner! (He's the person in ultimate control, and he doesn't read every single post, so best to bring the issue to his attention personally).

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Yes exactly what SussexBoy said. I'll pm Soner Keith, many thanks.

I'm on Samsung A5 btw. Android something, Star Date 7.2.0

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

OK MnM, sorry that I didn't understand what you meant!

Could you keep us posted please?

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Certainly Keith, no worries. As you can see from SussexBoys' post, i could have explained it sooo much better.

Hopefully, Soner won't mind my mentioning i had PM'd him and he explained that the site was responsive, but wasn't showing as such due to the way the advertising needed to be shown. However my PM gave him a "Eureka moment" and h was going to speak to the website developer. Hopefully whatever his thoughts were, they will work, as it would be good to keep up to date on the forum and keep in touch with the people while on the move, as i wasn't able to a few weeks ago while in Esentpe.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi MnM - It's funny, but I was sure that originally, when I first installed the Kibapp on my 'phone, that it would automatically change to landscape if I rotated the phone, and that more recently, it wouldn't!

At first I thought that perhaps I'd messed up some setting on the 'phone, and then I thought that I'd maybe imagined it

I would like to see it made a little more 'phone friendly if possible, so I'm glad that you brought it up!

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Thanks for the update MnM.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”