TRANSFERRING MONEY TO UK

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

old trucker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TRANSFERRING MONEY TO UK

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by old trucker »

I want to transfer money from my bank here in the TRNC to my son's bank account in the UK, Is it safe to do this, as I have heard a couple of stories where money goes missing?
Thank you Christine

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: TRANSFERRING MONEY TO UK

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

Loads of tails re transferring money to and from Cyprus personally I think it is easier to transfer money to uk but they do charge here . Why don’t you try a small amount first .

Just a thought

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Ace123 wrote:Loads of tails re transferring money to and from Cyprus personally I think it is easier to transfer money to uk but they do charge here . Why don’t you try a small amount first .

Just a thought
I thoroughly endorse this idea!

Although most of the issues seem to involve transfers to TRNC, I always do a small 'test transfer' to a new account and verify that it has gone through before doing the whole amount!

Most issues are caused by not getting all of the details 'exactly right' - so it's worth taking the time to check...

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by erol »

old trucker wrote:I want to transfer money from my bank here in the TRNC to my son's bank account in the UK, Is it safe to do this, as I have heard a couple of stories where money goes missing?
Thank you Christine
If the amount is less than say 3k sterling then I may be able to help. I will transfer the amount to the uk account from my uk bank (near instant) and you give me the cash sterling here in person. I would charge 0.5 %, So for example you give me 1005 sterling cash here and i transfer 1000 sterling to the account in uk. PM me if interested.

Studleyjupiter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Studleyjupiter »

I have sent you a pm OT .

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

erol wrote:
old trucker wrote:I want to transfer money from my bank here in the TRNC to my son's bank account in the UK, Is it safe to do this, as I have heard a couple of stories where money goes missing?
Thank you Christine
If the amount is less than say 3k sterling then I may be able to help. I will transfer the amount to the uk account from my uk bank (near instant) and you give me the cash sterling here in person. I would charge 0.5 %, So for example you give me 1005 sterling cash here and i transfer 1000 sterling to the account in uk. PM me if interested.
Just in case anyone thinks that this offer sounds a little 'unusual', I would just like to state that I would have 100% confidence in Erol to conduct this transaction!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Keithcaley wrote:
erol wrote:
Thank you Christine
Just in case anyone thinks that this offer sounds a little 'unusual', I would just like to state that I would have 100% confidence in Erol to conduct this transaction!
Thanks Keith. If I can facilitate a bank somewhere not getting an exorbitant fee for moving someones money from Cyprus to uk or visa versa, then I am always 'game' so to speak.

old trucker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by old trucker »

Thank you very much for all your help here, the transaction is on hold for the moment, but probably will be used in the future in which case I will contact you xx

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”