BBC iplayer

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

wedinnorthcyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

BBC iplayer

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wedinnorthcyprus »

Does anyone know of a vpn that still has access to Iplayer, it seems that only certain ones have it for some reason.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: BBC iplayer

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Use Streavia.com it is only £4.99 a month and you can pay for the months you use. Very good service and all the catch up channels from the UK work. It has to be said though that at the moment there are a lot or problems with BBC buffering that is well documented.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

I use Nord vpn, very low cost over three years!

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by dan »

Does anyone here use Surfshark. The cost seems very good if you pay for 2 years,which works out at around £3.00 a month. That includes cancellation after 30 days if dissatisfaction.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

I use, or rather previously used, Nord VPN. If i used Virgin Media TV Anywhere app in TRNC on my mobile, probably as i'm with Vodafone, no problems streaming anything at all. Put Nord VPN on though and almost everything gets blocked even when logged onto UK server. Aside from that 225mb/s Wi-Fi gets knocked right down to about 35mb/s. They couldn't explain it so I've uninstalled it from all of my devices now.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Yes StreamVia SmartStream. Very good indeed.

clar_key
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by clar_key »

BBC Iplayer and ITV have been working hard at stopping VPN's, even Nord was not working for a very short while! We have recently changed to My Expat Network and the speed and stability seems to be OK, they are also offering 30 day money back if you are not happy! http://bit.ly/nc-expat-tv

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Touching wood as I write this ….. I have been watching BBC iplayer & ITV hub directly on my smart TV using Streamvia and I have not experienced any of the issues described.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We can watch them all via Smartstream Streamvia but all of them for the last couple of weeks have been buffering continually to a point where it is virtually unwatchable. No matter what the internet speed is it is the same.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I am a firestick/streamvia newbie and other than a couple of seconds buffering last night and the night before, we have had no problems watching BBCiplayer.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Might be a problem with my firestick I guess as the internet speed was good. We ordered a new one while the sale was on so next time we are back in the UK we will swap them over and see if there is any difference.

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”