Underfloor Water Heating System

Plumbers - Electricians - Plasterers - Decorators - Builders - Construction Companies

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

fazilet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Underfloor Water Heating System

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by fazilet »

Hi All
I have the pipework and manifolds already installed for a water based underfloor heating in my house at Catalkoy.
But I have never tested it or used it. So I am going to get a 500 litre LPG tank from Intergaz or Jetgaz, a boiler and pump etc.
Before I make this significnt financial commitment, I would appreciate expert help from someone who knows about these matters. He could perhaps test the system for leaks and then advise me of the specification for the boiler etc.
Thanks for reading this
Fazilet

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Underfloor Water Heating System

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

Some friends had a similar system. They stopped using it after a short time due to the excessive cost of running it and installed a log burner.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

I should think David Montgomery may be able to help you. He is in Ozanköy so handy for you. 0533 830 4261.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Before you do anything have it pressure tested as if it has a leak it could be a nightmare and costly to get it fixed i think pipe do this test and could sort your boiler . If you find a leak try an alternative . I find the air con great

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Back page of Saturday's Cyprus Today has an advert for a firm in Lefkosa offering air to water heat pumps. It may be worth considering this, plus a solar PV system perhaps, as air/water heat pumps work well with underfloor heating due to the lower temperatures they run at. Certainly cheaper to run than gas I guess, especially if tied to a PV system.

Do, as you have already said you will, get your system leak tested first. And invest in some good room/circuit thermostats and valve solenoids for the manifold(s).

Wish we had it here

fazilet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by fazilet »

Hi Laura B
Thanks for the recommendation of David Montgomery. I have just met him and he seems a capable guy. Let us wait and see what he is like on the job.
Thanks - Fazilet

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

You're more than welcome Fazilet. Do please let us know how you get on.

Return to “TRADESMEN - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”