Info. Re. Lower back herniated disc.

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Info. Re. Lower back herniated disc.

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Anyone that has had surgery to to correct a lower back herniated disc here in the TRNC in the last few years; how was your outcome? I have this problem myself, and after a period of medication am now considering on the advice of my doctor having surgery to sort it out. But before going ahead with surgery I have read online reports on this type of operation. And now before deciding to go under the knife I’m interested in knowing how others faired after surgery and
Which hospital did you use.
Recovery time.
Cost.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Info. Re. Lower back herniated disc.

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I've PM'd you.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

dap2410 wrote:Anyone that has had surgery to to correct a lower back herniated disc here in the TRNC in the last few years; how was your outcome? I have this problem myself, and after a period of medication am now considering on the advice of my doctor having surgery to sort it out. But before going ahead with surgery I have read online reports on this type of operation. And now before deciding to go under the knife I’m interested in knowing how others faired after surgery and
Which hospital did you use.
Recovery time.
Cost.
No surgery, but Can Cobanoglu. Orthopaedic Surgeon in Lefkosa is very good at fixing such issues without surgery which is always his last suggestion... I would think it very worthwhile getting his opinion on whether surgery is the best option.

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Keithcaley wrote:I've PM'd you.
Many thanks for your post. Have emailed the member and awaiting a reply.
In the meantime I am having a second MRI scan in the morning, and then with the results will be having
a long chat with the doctor to discuss options.

dani
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dani »

My husband had an operation to 'trim off' a bulging disc so I think this might be the same thing? Anyway, he had his op at Kamigloglu Hospital in Girne 3 years ago and has had absolutely no problems with it since.

Samson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Samson »

dap.......have pm'd you.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”