Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Curfew announced

•   Message 1 of 80 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

From midnight tonight.

As I understand the usual iffy translation you can still do markets, petrol, chemists, banks etc but that's it.
No visiting other houses or generally being out on the street.
Police have been given powers to detain.

Taken from Kibris online.
The Mountie always gets his man

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Curfew announced

•   Message 2 of 80 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I agree with this action but looking at the amount of people around today it will be difficult to administer.
It could be to late in the U.K. I have just been told that a non direct family member in the UK has tested positive. No idea where there had contact with anyone.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Is it a 24 hour curfew or at certain hours?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 80 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

It doesn't say hours just as previous food petrol chemist bank,
NO visits to any where else and travelling,walking away from your property for any other purpose.
Police are to be given the power to detain.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I read 14 days from midnight

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 80 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

This has come at a bad time for us, we are due to move house in 8 days but obviously that is not going to happen yet awhile. If it stops this dreadful virus and stops people moving around with no consideration for the safety of others then it's a small price to pay, I just hope the Police deal harshly with anyone who disregards the rules of the curfew.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 80 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

It's a sad fact that people have ignored the request to only go out to supermarkets banks etc so much stronger measures are now necessary. I know of people who have had large parties in their house which I thing is shamefully irresponsible!

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 80 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I have been told that a non direct family member in the UK has tested positive.
UK maybe too late.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Can't walk the dog then,he won't be happy (:"()

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 80 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Blimey,, trying to control all our dogs without going for even a short work is going to be well nigh impossible. Wish I knew the curfew times though.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:... Wish I knew the curfew times though.
24/7 as far as I can make out!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 80 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Can't find any definition of a curfew describing it as 24/7, but heigh ho. Tried to explain to dogs and the nutty one just threw himself at the main gates. I suspect he's the one going to go "stir crazy"

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Nowhere does it say, as far as I can see, that individuals must not walk their dog/s... Of course deliberately walking them in or into groups of people is not acting responsibly.

Take dogs on a lead to remote areas and btw, do bag, remove and dispose of their faeces.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 80 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Even in Italy you can still walk your dog. I don't see why you can't walk your dog if you live in a remote area, especially If you can go to a supermarket where you will mix with people.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Sadly because common sense is not available here those of us who have been responsible and kept our distance from others are now having to suffer longer because people from the Ex Pat community and locals are too arrogant/stupid/reckless (delete as appropriate). There have been relatively few cases reported here and I believe we had a chance of getting off far lighter than others like Italy and indeed the UK. Due to the irresponsible actions of some we are now at a far greater risk than we should have been. Well done to them and I hope they now think before they act but truly I doubt it.

I think the Government here are doing what they can to control this and they now need very strong action from the Police and Army if need be to enforce this with a strong message being sent to all who think they can still do as they like.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:02 am
Sadly because common sense is not available here those of us who have been responsible and kept our distance from others are now having to suffer longer because people from the Ex Pat community and locals are too arrogant/stupid/reckless (delete as appropriate). There have been relatively few cases reported here and I believe we had a chance of getting off far lighter than others like Italy and indeed the UK. Due to the irresponsible actions of some we are now at a far greater risk than we should have been. Well done to them and I hope they now think before they act but truly I doubt it.

I think the Government here are doing what they can to control this and they now need very strong action from the Police and Army if need be to enforce this with a strong message being sent to all who think they can still do as they like.
What and who is this post aimed at? Everyone but you?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 18 of 80 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Sat listening to R4 this morning and hearing about the many examples of those selfish, thoughtless people who simply are refusing to follow government advice and guidance. There was also a report of the general public hijaking a supermarket opening times which had been reserved for NHS workers. There were so many of these people outside the supermarket that the staff could not prevent them entering as they just barged past staff and pushed there way in. In the end the supermarket staff just had to give up. There are no words!

Despite efforts by the press to say otherwise; the message from the PM, medical experts and also the many messages from clinicians, doctors and nurses posting on social media is clear but still there are those that feel they don’t have to follow this best advice. People are refusing to self isolate, social distance, follow guidance on gathering together, as well as refusing to observe those hours reserved by supermarkets for NHS workers, pensioners and key workers.

I believe the majority of right thinking people in the U.K. now want a full strict lockdown to stop this lunacy. It should be implemented for at least 1 month, no messing around. The police should strictly enforce the lockdown and hopefully the low life’s will get the message.

Sadly they walk amongst us and are a danger to themselves and others.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:24 am
Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:02 am

What and who is this post aimed at? Everyone but you?
Not at all Groucho but it is plain to see that 'some' on the Island think they can do what they like and as a result they have made the position for us all worse. We chose to self isolate before it was implemented and to be fair it is only like we are in the winter as we seldom go out then. I fully accept that we have to abide by the rules and do but many are suffering now for longer because some chose not to.

I would have thought the words "those of us who have been responsible " would indicate I don't think it is just me.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 80 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Groucho you cannot walk your dogs anywhere, this was confirmed by the police.

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

Police have stated no dog walking outside. If apartment owner then no dog walking of the site.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:33 am
those selfish, thoughtless people who simply are refusing to follow government advice and guidance. There was also a report of the general public hijaking a supermarket opening times which had been reserved for NHS workers. There were so many of these people outside the supermarket that the staff could not prevent them entering as they just barged past staff and pushed there way in. In the end the supermarket staff just had to give up.
Crisis don't develop character they reveal it. We have seen cuddly Richard Branson for what he is and that Abramovich isn't a totally cold fish.

This is the ever growing "that doesn't apply to me mob." They always know that the police are too busy and too frightened to do anything and the ordinary people will "just give up."

There are a lot of people like this in society and they are growing all the time.
Why wouldn't they? Who doesn't like to be first in a queue?

The big danger is, as their behaviour pays off some will step it up. Queue jumping to get a pair of trainers can grow to shop lifting a pair of trainers and then to mugging someone for their trainers.

They have no shame, moral compass or self awareness. They will con their way to a blue badge, race past a pensioner for a bus seat or take an NHS worker's time slot.
Interestingly they always know all their rights but never learnt any of their responsibilities. They can recite page 97 of a claim form word for word but struggle to read No Parking.

Considering they don't like queuing at times they will show amazing patience as they navigate the bureaucracy to claim things that they are not entitled to.
And a lot of it is our fault. We have let it go because we couldn't be bothered to stop it or thought there were more important things to do. Also we choose our battles whereas these people will go to war every hour over something as trivial as a tin of Pepsi.

Many make excuses for them, "they come from deprived backgrounds......"
Well they certainly seem to have suddenly come into some money as they can now buy 8 weeks shopping in a single visit.

We won't call the police and if they turn up they don't do anything. In some cases can't do anything.

We are growing these people in their hundreds of thousands but if you point it out you will be accused of demonising all the poor because of the behaviour of a very small minority. Well we have seen a lot of pictures and film, not all of it faked, where we see how small this minority is!

This is not pointed at the poor it is pointed at the boorish, anti social ever increasing underclass.
Hopefully when/if the world resets we deal with them while they are still in the minority.

Maybe some will now believe they are among us in worrying numbers and reasoning with them or appealing to their sense of fair play isn't going to work.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 23 of 80 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Is Senator Richard Burr one of the 'underclass' ?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1240806440379371521

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I saw someone thumbing a lift this morning.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 80 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I wish I knew why the large café on the main road in Alsancak (directly opposite Starlings) was allowed to open this morning. At least it looked open - doors open and 5/6 cars parked outside.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:17 am

Total scumbag and great whataboutism there. Kind of thought I'd covered that there are low lifes in every strata with the Branson and Abramovich quote tbh or is Branson like Soros, a protected species?
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:07 am
Many make excuses for them, "they come from deprived backgrounds......"
OK Erol all those films of people deciding they'll try and bully the NHS workers out of their way are faked by the fascists at the Daily Mail.

What actually happened was every single person in Peckham Tesco climbed out of the mine this morning, helped a few old people across the road before queuing in the supermarket to buy their two quid of shopping and then gave it all to a disabled child instead.

There was one who accidentally queue jumped but a diversity entitlement counselor lectured him and he then donated all his organs to the NHS.
I wont post a link to the one who accidently queue jumped until I find 20 links to billionaires who beat their workers to death in the interests of balance!

Anyhow back on planet earth I've just seen Senator Richard Burr push an old lady out of the way at Illeli, film to follow.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 27 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:30 am
I wish I knew why the large café on the main road in Alsancak (directly opposite Starlings) was allowed to open this morning. At least it looked open - doors open and 5/6 cars parked outside.
Do you mean the Simit Evi?

It's a Bakery, which should be open, although it shouldn't be operating as a cafe, same as other bakeries aren't.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 28 of 80 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:47 am
erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 11:17 am

Total scumbag and great whataboutism there.
It is your use of the term 'underclass' that I have issue with.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:11 pm
It is your use of the term 'underclass' that I have issue with.
Well I find it hard to call them working class tbh and not many of them I would class as poor although I guess they'd qualify as "relatively" poor these days.
Would scum be more acceptable?

The thing is for most ordinary people they are more concerned with the low life who might be putting a knife in them this evening for the tenner in their wallet rather than some inside trader who is scamming 100s of millions as its a bit more immediate and relevant to their lives.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 30 of 80 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:30 pm
Would scum be more acceptable?
For me it would be more acceptable because unlike underclass it does not tie despicable and selfish behaviour to income level.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:36 pm

For me it would be more acceptable because unlike underclass it does not tie despicable and selfish behaviour to income level.
My understanding of the definition of underclass has little to do with income level and more to do with attitude.
The definition as I understand it is as follows;

Term used to seperate the working class from the "does not work, will not work and has never worked" classes

The underclass usually occupy perfectly good council houses and then proceed to litter their gardens with fridges, dog turds, fast food boxes and other assorted items. The underclass enjoy decorating the inside of their houses in much the same manner and despite the apparent poverty in most other aspects of their lives they will still manage to afford a very large plasma t.v. (which is to be left on at all times)

The occupants of these buildings will almost certainly be claiming the following benefits

Child benefits- for their numerous offspring
Disability benefits- see "nerves", "depression" "ADHD" etc
Job Seeker Allowence- For not looking for a job

Housing benefit-
Please note that despite all of this the underclasses still feel victimised particularly when their drunken domestic incidents are broken up by the police at 2am.

It should be noted that under no circumstances should a member of the middle class attempt to blame the underclass' woeful existence actually on the underclass, as the underclass will immediately find blame anywhere else. Because surely their total lack of motivation and morals is the fault of society.
working class- I need benefits to help look after my child

underclass- I need a child to help me get benefits

But let's argue over semantics which enables this scum to hide amongst the genuinly poor and disadvantaged.

The other important thing is to highlight how much billionaires have fiddled their taxes by compared with the money fiddled by these low lifes.
But here's the rub. If I'm poor its these low life's I'm living next too who are effecting my daily life not Phillip Green.
Those who are living hand to mouth don't usually have the time or energy for deep political analysis they are trying to get back from the shops without getting mugged etc etc

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 32 of 80 in Discussion

Post by erol »

I think to a large degree you are politicising the current crisis in very much the same way you are also condemning others , though only a specific subset of them (those you consider 'on the left'), for doing.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

DieHard wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 9:49 am
Groucho you cannot walk your dogs anywhere, this was confirmed by the police.
I can understand that the police interpretation of the regulations is this....

I don't believe that an individual walking their dogs without coming into contact with another living soul poses any risk whatsoever.... we have had over the last few months, ample evidence of poor comms between TRNC Govt. officials and the police not least over the residency issue.

If they apply commonsense (a big ask I know) they will utilise their manpower in a more constructive pursuit of people gathering to flout the order not do so.... We will continue to monitor the almost twice-daily outpouring of regs but so far no mention of walking dogs in isolated locations has been made that I have seen.
Last edited by Groucho on Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Again with common sense I can see no problem at all with an individual walking their dog(s). Actually I cannot see any problem with an individual or a couple walking as long as they don't stop to talk to anyone or otherwise break the curfew rules. As I said before commons sense is not available here or in the UK for that matter otherwise we wouldn't have to be under a curfew.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:57 pm

I think to a large degree you are politicising the current crisis in very much the same way you are also condemning others , though only a specific subset of them (those you consider 'on the left'), for doing.
No I'm pointing out that this has highlighted the ways of scum and hopefully highlights it enough that we can start to deal with it. I realise that the 100s queuing and bullying has has somewhat kicked the legs out from the "its a very tiny almost invisible minority" argument though so bad luck there.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 1:57 pm
erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 12:57 pm

No I'm pointing out that this has highlighted the ways of scum and hopefully highlights it enough that we can start to deal with it. I realise that the 100s queuing and bullying has has somewhat kicked the legs out from the "its a very tiny almost invisible minority" argument though so bad luck there.
Can you two stop hijacking threads for political point scoring..... please.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 37 of 80 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:05 pm
I have moved our discussion here. https://kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/view ... =8&t=50810

With respect I would suggest you do not read that thread.
Last edited by erol on Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

erol wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:09 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 2:05 pm
I have moved our discussion here. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50810

With respect I would suggest you do read that thread.
:+1:)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 80 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Quote - All individuals who do not fall under the category of exempt persons mentioned in paragraph 1, may only leave their residences to seek goods and services provided by those private and public personnel who-are permitted to work as stated in paragraph 1, and must return to their residence as soon as their needs have been met. They shall not leave their premises for any other purpose. - Unquote!

So, I guess that means that I can still go fishing, ride my horses, sail my boat, fly my hot air balloon and walk my dog, BECAUSE, I can do any of these things that are not expressly stated!

However, it does expressly state that I can't leave my residence once I have sought the goods and services provided by those private and public personnel who are permitted to work as stated in paragraph 1.

As paragraph 1 states - Quote - all individuals, with the exception of private sector personnel who are permitted to work towards addressing basic needs as well as public sector personnel who provide crucial services (police, fire department, municipalities, civil defence, district offices etc) will be subjected to the partial curfew. - Unquote and as myself and my dog are not expressly named in paragraph 1 I remain confused.

A bit of a conundrum really? I suppose I will just walk my dog because who would care anyway if I was in a remote area? Maybe the prison is too full to keep me in accord with: Quote - In line with the legislation in force, criminal prosecution will be carried out against those who violate the partial curfew.

Or maybe not!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Give it a go Waddo and let us know how it works out. :lol:

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 80 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lnkm9ReVyo For all the dog lovers out there....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 80 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Great laptatony. Especially reading the comments 9years ago. Still don't think my five will be impressed though if they can't walk, despite being within 500yards of what used to be a goat track.

CairnO'mohr
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 80 in Discussion

Post by CairnO'mohr »

Would walking your dog to the nearest supermarket comply with the terms of the curfew? It would be better than nothing. Mine has resigned himself to the fact that the beach walk didn’t happen today but is now standing waiting at the gate for his regular teatime walk to the airstrip. That’s not happening either I’m afraid.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 80 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

[Quote - All individuals who do not fall under the category of exempt persons mentioned in paragraph 1, may only leave their residences to seek goods and services provided by those private and public personnel who-are permitted to work as stated in paragraph 1, and must return to their residence as soon as their needs have been met. They shall not leave their premises for any other purpose. - Unquote!
As paragraph 1 states - Quote - all individuals, with the exception of private sector personnel who are permitted to work towards addressing basic needs as well
[/u][/b].[/quote]

Does this mean Pool cleaning companies can go to empty houses???, I know several have stopped their staff visiting plus the gardening community, at least last week they could visit, water pots this week and next???????????

All because people decided it was the perfect opportunity to visit others, have bar b que parties and even treat the supermarket/banks as a social event!!

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 80 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

No dog walking see Kat's announcement.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 80 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

42 people arrested so far today for breaking the curfew for no good reason. The threat of a year in prison or/and a fine, will hopefully give people the message that there is no messing about here.

5- Law enforcement officers are empowered with this decree. Those who violate the decree will commit a crime and may be sentenced to up to one year in prison or fines, or both.
http://www.yeniduzen.com/kismi-sokaga-c ... 25268h.htm

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 80 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I think you are talking through your rear end! Where have you got that from?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 80 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Mon 23 Mar 2020 6:50 pm
I think you are talking through your rear end! Where have you got that from?
If you are talking about my post, did you read the link I provided? A local newspaper, not Facebook.

For the 42 arrested look at https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/k ... 85586.html

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 80 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 80 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks ETS found this too from the link you provided for the sceptics. https://pio.mfa.gov.ct.tr/en/circular-o ... al-curfew/

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”