Add or find out about recipes posted by Kibkom members,

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bread flour

•   Message 101 of 106 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I've always enjoyed cooking, but in the last few years, I've been bored with it. The age of Corona has pushed me into doing more again. To give me a little bit of a break,, I cook and bake for at least 2 days . Today we will have German Cabbage rolls and I have made enough for at least 2 days.
I am lucky to get fresh milk and eggs. We are having chocolate pudding(blancmange type] made in a rabbit mould. I haven't done this for years and years.

David is very happy!!!! Both are his favourite

We will have this again in a couple of days.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 102 of 106 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Keithcaley wrote:
Mon 20 Apr 2020 3:56 pm
I will add - and I should have done it earlier - my congratulations to 'Mollie TC', particularly as you are doing it 'the hard way' ;)

It is always good to see someone bitten with a creative bug, and baking is nothing if it is not creative - once you have grasp of the principles involved and can put them to practical use, there are so many ways that you can develop the skill.

Well done!
Hi Keith,
Thank you for those kind words.
I have learnt a lot from this forum in lots of ways, you contribute regularly which is very much appreciated.
I seem to have an obsession with cooking and baking during these difficult times. We are lucky we can do so, I feel really sorry for those suffering hard times on the Island and maybe they do not have enough money to feed their families.

Not sure where we will all end up if and when this is allover but, one thing is for sure the TRNC will be a very different place. (:Q)

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 103 of 106 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

dippersgirl wrote:
Mon 20 Apr 2020 4:15 pm
I've always enjoyed cooking, but in the last few years, I've been bored with it. The age of Corona has pushed me into doing more again. To give me a little bit of a break,, I cook and bake for at least 2 days . Today we will have German Cabbage rolls and I have made enough for at least 2 days.
I am lucky to get fresh milk and eggs. We are having chocolate pudding(blancmange type] made in a rabbit mould. I haven't done this for years and years.

David is very happy!!!! Both are his favourite

We will have this again in a couple of days.
dippersgirl,
One of these days I will seek you out and try some of your cooking and or baking.

Sorry to hear you got bored with it, I am trying different things each day to lighten the mood, today I made an apple, cheese, spring onion, mayo cold slaw sandwich on my own bread for a change, we had tuna muffins for our evening meal, lovely. :+1:)

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 104 of 106 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Must try that, just made some Coleslaw as well

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 105 of 106 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Help!
I need counselling, I cannot stop making bread and trying new recipes, I need to get out more I guess. I have put on 6 lbs since the lock down, I would go as far as saying its now becoming OCD.

Hang on, must dash, another loaf just ready!! ((W\)) (:Q)

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 106 of 106 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020 3:19 pm
Help!
I need counselling, I cannot stop making bread and trying new recipes, I need to get out more I guess. I have put on 6 lbs since the lock down, I would go as far as saying its now becoming OCD.

Hang on, must dash, another loaf just ready!! ((W\)) (:Q)
dough not worry too much. I am sure a kneed can be found for any excess. at yeast it is not a coke habit.

(sorry)

Return to “RECIPES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”