COSH - Current stats

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

COSH - Current stats

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Last edited by erol on Fri 29 May 2020 6:38 am, edited 31 times in total.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: COSH - Current stats

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Contributions where, do you take Uk or is it all cash where to. Please don’t tell me I have to queue at bank can I drop into Multimax as I know you work there. Rita xx

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

rocking wrote:
Thu 23 Apr 2020 9:09 pm
Contributions where, do you take Uk or is it all cash where to. Please don’t tell me I have to queue at bank can I drop into Multimax as I know you work there. Rita xx
Ways of getting money in to the fund have not to date changed from those originally suggested in the thread that started all this and back when everything was just 'theory' viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50953

from that thread
Ways of getting money in to the fund.

Revolut to revolut direct. Zero cost. Instant
UK bank account to revolut. Zero cost. Instant
EU bank account to revolut. Zero cost. 1-3 days ?
IsBank to IsBank transfer. Zero cost. Instant.
Paypal would be another to add to that list. I have not yet found the time to work out exactly the ways to do it to ensure no one gets a 'rake off' just in the process of giving money (which is why I am avoiding things like 'fundme.com and the like, as 'easy' as they make things)

If you can work with any of these then just pm and ill give you relevant details. If you can not work with these pm me and we will work something out :) Thanks.

Ozankoy Best Butcher
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Ozankoy Best Butcher »

Hi, Karsiyaka have put out a call for help, in conjunction with their Muhtar they`re looking to raise £600 to buy and distribute food as quickly as possible. Jessics Bar are taking in donations. Apparently that area hasn`t received any help from the municipality or the Red Crescent and its desperate. Not sure how far along the coast the COSH effort is being spread but I`m sure they would be grateful for assistance.
Ozankoy Best Butchers, Yusuf Zorlukasap at 16 Muhtarlik Sok, Ozankoy, Girne.
Tel. 0533 870 3974, 815 6806, Facebook @OzankoyButchers

English and Cypriot cuts, sausages and sliced deli meats.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ozankoy Best Butcher wrote:
Fri 24 Apr 2020 8:28 am
Hi, Karsiyaka have put out a call for help, in conjunction with their Muhtar they`re looking to raise £600 to buy and distribute food as quickly as possible. Jessics Bar are taking in donations. Apparently that area hasn`t received any help from the municipality or the Red Crescent and its desperate. Not sure how far along the coast the COSH effort is being spread but I`m sure they would be grateful for assistance.
If anyone can give us the details of individuals in need in this area we will support them for as long as we have funds to do so.

Ozankoy Best Butcher

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Erol, the Muhtar is arranging the purchase and distribution, Jessics are acting as a collection point for donations

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

rocking wrote:
Thu 23 Apr 2020 9:09 pm
Rita, if you let me know how much you want to donate, I will pass it on to Erol - you can settle up with me when the situation settles back down :)

Stay safe!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Fri 24 Apr 2020 8:45 am
Hi Erol, the Muhtar is arranging the purchase and distribution, Jessics are acting as a collection point for donations
Will try and make contact with the Muhtar. For now COSH is working 'in house' rather than disbursing money to schemes like this because as far as we can see we are getting more bang for buck and working with the shortest times from getting money to putting food in people's fridges than any other schemes around us, along with greater transparency to boot. Will do all we can to help but as we evolve as an organisation , we will have 'terms'.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

erol wrote:
Fri 24 Apr 2020 8:53 am
Fri 24 Apr 2020 8:45 am
Will try and make contact with the Muhtar. For now COSH is working 'in house' rather than disbursing money to schemes like this because as far as we can see we are getting more bang for buck and working with the shortest times from getting money to putting food in people's fridges than any other schemes around us, along with greater transparency to boot. Will do all we can to help but as we evolve as an organisation , we will have 'terms'.
We have reached out to him via email. He has responded he will give one of the team a call.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I’m sure there are a few different teams making similar efforts so to pool ideas might be worthwhile. For Erol to give 2500 TL to an organisation who might only be able to produce 40 packages isn’t as worthwhile as him getting names and supplying 50 packages directly.
That’s not to say that someone might not be able to supply the packages for 40TL but it’s a learning curve.
It’s not just throwing money at this it’s more getting ideas, data and contacts.

Ozankoy Best Butcher

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Maybe a recipe idea on how to make the pack last 2 weeks?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Fri 24 Apr 2020 8:01 pm
Maybe a recipe idea on how to make the pack last 2 weeks?
Thank you for you input. There is definitely the germ of a great idea there i think. I am thinking more 'the other way round' perhaps, whereby those we are helping send us recipes of what they are making with the ingredients we are providing them with. Maybe even little cooking videos made on their phone, that we than share around different communities and groups we are helping. Just 'brainstorming' really. Thanks for the input.

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”