Hard drive problem

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Hard drive problem

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

Can anyone help me with a number for someone that can remove data from a hard drive and out it on to another one.I now have two hard drives down and dont want to lose all the photos on them etc.

Tried a number from a previous post but cant get anyone to answer.If its somewhere that is closed due to lockdown the information would be appreciated for when we are free!

Thanks.

johnny1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hard drive problem

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by johnny1 »

hi
i also have a couple of hard drives not working and would like the files from it.
in case you find anyone would you be so kind to let me know as well ?
Thankyou

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hard drive problem

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

A first suggestion is to try a couple of programs - Recuva and/or PC Inspector, which can often recover deleted files and files from a problematic hard drive - if the hard drive is at least recognized. I have had successful results many times over the years with these.
If the disk is not recognized at all, it MAY be what is technically described as "bricked" - do a search for/google "bricked hard drive", preferably specifying the make (and even model/no.) of your hard drive, and you MAY get instructions on how to revive/"unbrick" the disk to a point where the aforementioned programs will recover your files - I know this because on one occasion, I did manage to "unbrick" a disk that had failed on me! :)
(This did involve buying a small plug-in card and using command-mode/DOS mode - but it worked!)

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”