Putting a dog to sleep...

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Putting a dog to sleep...

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Does anyone know how much it is to put your dog to sleep at home?

Sadly the time has come for my old boy, and it's such a heart breaking decision to have to do this, but it is time. However, he gets so confused and anxious these days, the last place I want to take him to is the one place he absolutely loathes so I do need the vet to come to the house, to do it quietly with as little fuss as possible.

:(

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Putting a dog to sleep...

Post by terry2366 »

I think you can put him in your car and one vet will come to the car and do it.

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by katecornwell »

Hi luv = so sorry to hear about your old boy - had two of my dogs put down at home. Fuat or his assitants came. My last dog Max (spaniel) was put down end of Feb and if I remember correctly it was 200TL

Again so so sorry - its heartbreaking but the only thing I hold onto is remembering the wonderful times and fun and total love that they gave me

Kate x

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Thank you for your prompt replies, it's much appreciated.

Terry, I don't have a car, but even if I did, I would still like it to be done at home, where he feels safe and relaxed.

Kate: I knew this day was coming and I tried so hard to prepare, but the truth is, it's simply not possible to prepare. I feel like I owe it to him to make this last journey together as painless as possible.

Dropshort
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Dropshort »

Daisy Dukes. It’s very upsetting when the time comes and you feel you want to make it as stress free as possible both for your pet and yourself. We had a similar situation last year. I called in at Petline Clinic, Catalcoy and spoke with the vet Niyazi. He was very sympathetic. I arranged for him to visit our villa in Esentepe the following day. We arranged to meet at the local garage so he could follow me to the villa. I asked if he could give me something to administer to our pet in advance to reduce any stress. Once I told him her weight he gave me 3 tablets with the instructions to give her them 30 minutes before he was due to arrive which I did. She was asleep within minuets. I met Niyazi and asked if I could pay him before we went further as I knew I would be too upset later. He has a card machine if that helps and the cost was TL230 based on our pets weight. By the time we arrived she was fully unconscious. He administered the drugs which she knew nothing about. After a very short while he pronounced she had gone. One thing to bear in mind is what you want to do with the remains. I had prepared a deep hole the previous day to bury her. He will take the dog away but be aware it is only passed onto the local Belediyesi and I am told thrown onto the tip. Hope the above helps.

Bomdas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Bomdas »

As Kate Corwell suggested, you can ask Fuat from Garfield 0533 863 2939.

He is compassionate and professional.
Please bear in mind that it is Bayram this weekend although he will be on call.

Condolences.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

Had 3 put to sleep, 2 at the vets in the back of the truck, but Boo was at home January 5th 2019, the third time he had fitted but in working hours and it was pouring with rain!
Cost was no extra, as Jem was the previous November, also like you I work and often had to come to agreement over a payment plan

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by butterfly »

If you are on the East side. Altay at Vetpoint will come to you.

Daisy Dukes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Daisy Dukes »

Many thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your replies and advice.

Sam.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”