General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Not everyone is going by the rules

•   Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

North Shore, the vet clinic in Alsancak is making no effort and the young lady inside didn't understand what I was talking about, although her English is better than my Turkish. No handwash sanitiser, no temperature taken, no book to write information in although I admit she wore a mask. Whether you think all this is necessary or not is not really my point, it was just that I would have thought somewhere like a vet to make an effort.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Not everyone is going by the rules

•   Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

On a brief 5 minute wait by the ATM in Supreme car park I witnessed drivers coming in past the no entry signs, drivers without seat belts, drivers on mobile phones and NO drivers wearing gloves and very few wearing one of the variants of face mask, you know the chin mask or the mouth mask or the throat mask or even the top of the head mask, there were a couple of drivers wearing a face shield (which I have found out is not good enough for Metropol, if you happen shop there you must have a face mask) and nobody seemed to care at all. People were also wandering around the car park without masks/gloves as if there was no virus outbreak whatsoever.

None of the above will stop me using the car park or wearing what I find acceptable to me as protection for you but I can not police the entire country so many will do whatever they want - that includes the Police as well.

Bottom line is simple, you will not get anywhere by complaining about it! If you find an establishment is not prepared to meet your standards then do no go there. The laws and the interpretations of them appear to change by the second so better to be safe than sorry.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

You're absolutely correct Waddo (as usual, more or less) but when little establishments like the family owned Boutique patisserie I went in this morning for coffee immediately after the Vet are trying really really hard to go by the present rules it does stick in my craw, when people who should know better are not!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Rules and regulations in this country are a guide only. This morning in our village which is one way, a guy nearly hit us head on coming the wrong way, he didnt see it as a problem, in fact he gestured for me to back up and let him through!!

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Sat 23 May 2020 11:40 am
Rules and regulations in this country are a guide only. This morning in our village which is one way, a guy nearly hit us head on coming the wrong way, he didnt see it as a problem, in fact he gestured for me to back up and let him through!!
I hope you didn,t.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

No I didnt, I waved my car keys out of the window to him which made him even more angry, eventually he took the hint!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Mollie, that is the perfect situation that four way flashers were made for. Handbrake on, engine off, flashers on, sit back and wait!

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

Our local supermarket has definitely given up. Yesterday it was packed and there was no one to take your temperature on entry, the sanitiser bottle was empty and there were no gloves.
As you say you have to vote with your feet.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

As Roy Orbison sang - It's over, it's over, it's OVEEERRRRRR

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Well, you might think that it's over, but I'm waiting a bit longer to see whether any of you canaries fall off your perch before I venture out ;)

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

KC don't you dare insult my team (one of them at least) Went to Blue Song, and it felt very strange being without a mask. Like going without lippy! (you'd know all about that)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

But when you do venture out and everyone else has had it - it’s still out there waiting for you!!! What is more, it will know who you are - the only one in masks and gloves, keeping away from everyone else and jumping at every cough and sneeze.......

We are all doomed, there is no escape, what can we do? Pass that gin bottle mate, better to burn out than to fade away - lol.

What’s that I hear - cheep, cheep, THUD!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 7:21 am
KC don't you dare insult my team (one of them at least) Went to Blue Song, and it felt very strange being without a mask. Like going without lippy! (you'd know all about that)

How very dare you?

I wouldn't be seen DEAD without lippy!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Back on topic (quick - pass the smelling salts to Posh: Mowgli is going ON topic :-D)

It seems that in England it’s ok for a certain Dominic Cummings to breach guidelines not once but, it now appears, TWICE.

And all with the full and vigorous support of the Prime Minister and senior Cabinet members.

“Don’t do as I do, do as I say.”

‘Twas ever thus.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 8:20 am
Back on topic (quick - pass the smelling salts to Posh: Mowgli is going ON topic :-D)

It seems that in England it’s ok for a certain Dominic Cummings to breach guidelines not once but, it now appears, TWICE.

And all with the full and vigorous support of the Prime Minister and senior Cabinet members.

“Don’t do as I do, do as I say.”

‘Twas ever thus.
How is this on topic when the topic is about what is happening in North Cyprus not the UK?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Saintsfan wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 9:33 am
How is this on topic when the topic is about what is happening in North Cyprus not the UK?
Oh. Sorry. I didn’t see the words “North Cyprus” in the topic title.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Back to discussing Keith’s lippy - apologies for digressing.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 9:46 am
Saintsfan wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020 9:33 am
Oh. Sorry. I didn’t see the words “North Cyprus” in the topic title.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Back to discussing Keith’s lippy - apologies for digressing.
So must be me misreading all the incidents regarding Vets, Supermarkets, traffic incidents happened in the UK, I must go Specsavers as soon as they open again.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Yup Saintsfan, this forum does have a tendency to hop around more times than a cat has fleas. You get used to it.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

The way that it works is that the person who starts the thread is the one who can call 'Off Topic' and ask for a mod to intervene.

As sophie started this particular thread, it's up to her to object if she feels that the point(s) that she raised are not being aired sufficiently.

Of course she may be comatose under a table, clutching a bottle of Lord Jim by now, and incapable of objecting... ;)

I'll just get mi' coat w:)

babybelle21
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Post by babybelle21 »

Not everyone is going by the rules! I agree not even in the UK. Think a lot have decided it hasn't affected me so lets have BBQs, friends round, no social distancing and party! I know where I would rather be, Northern Cyprus if allowed.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Raucous family reunions today in my Street, not a Plod insight!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Probably weren't invited!!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Nor was I, could have done with the grub!!!!! However, whatever religious bias (or not) festival celebrations and gatherings are still not allowed, even by Allah!

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

seeing the videos from a party at Tims Cafe and bar you wouldnt think there had ever been coronavirus here. no social distancing whatsoever. a place to avoid. seems a lot of places ignoring the rules. bit of a kick in the teeth for all of us who have been so careful and done everything correctly the last couple of months.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Totally agree but we just have to live with it (pun intended) Parties and BBQs all over the place, both locals and expats. Sat and had a coffee today just outside Lemar in Karaoglanoglu, people were obviously meeting up for first time. About 12 hugging, kissing and general jollity. But as I've been told by people on this forum, there is no point in commenting, that's the way it is and its their country.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

The lock down is over!! Well according to our neighbours two doors down. Last evening at least 6 cars turned up all loaded with food, the party began, I dont begrudge them its their country however, if we had a second spike here I dread to think how it would end up.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Mollie, whatever was to happen, It certainly would be certainly be somebodies elses fault, not theirs That's the way the cookie crumbles here.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”