General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Like trying to get blood out of a stone

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

I recently moved house and needed to cancel my internet with a popular internet provider, I contacted the company, the equipment was collected , I signed the relevant forms for a refund on my subscription. I had paid for one years internet but actually only used about six weeks before we moved so should be entitled to ten months refund.
I have lost count of the number of phone calls I've made in relation to this, the world and his dog have said they would ring back but never have, perhaps they have now run out of excuses. I can't even get a straight answer as to how much refund I am due or how it will be paid back, I have been told it takes twenty days, it's now eighteen days and I still haven't had any answers to any questions, just keep passing the buck.
As with a lot of companies here it seems accepted that the customer can be treated as an idiot or an inconvenience, does anyone have any idea how to get a straight answer or even a satisfactory outcome from these organisations.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Like trying to get blood out of a stone

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I’m very happy with my internet provider but only sign up for 3 months at a time.
The price difference between 4 x 3 month contracts and a 1 year contract is so negligible that it seems silly to tie yourself in for that long

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

How long you sign up for is neither here nor there, a contract should be honoured.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

elizabeth wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 10:01 am
How long you sign up for is neither here nor there, a contract should be honoured.
Totally agree, but once they have your money it is very hard to get it back. Not saying that is right or fair

Wight
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Wight »

Poor customer service can be a real issue here but I always try to go by trusted recommendations and if they don't live up to their promises I vote with my feet ASAP and make that sure I alert friends.
Conversely I'll happily commend and recommend those that provide a good service.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I am a swallow and renewed my internet subscription in March online from the UK. Given that now I will probably be unable to get out to NC until.September at the earliest will I get a 6 month rebate?. No, thought not! In the UK my tv, internet and mobile is with Virgin who have us for free lots of tv channels and unlimited minutes on the mobile until.24th June.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Maisiemoo did you ask for a rebate? Other than on this forum?

I did, and got a suspension of my service until we are able to get back to Cyprus again.

If you didn’t ask them how is your provider supposed to know that you’re not using the service?

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 3:01 pm

I did, and got a suspension of my service until we are able to get back to Cyprus again.

If you didn’t ask them how is your provider supposed to know that you’re not using the service?
Interesting, I have 3 customers who have reported they have been threatened with removal of equipment if they do not pay therefore I have been in and paid and now wording an email to the company (writing not my best forte) to see if they can get a suspension of service due to the fact they can not get here. The office just kept telling me no discount but to be fair its not her job to give me one.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

As a swallow, I've been with Nethouse since 2015. I visit twice a year (except this year!) and as long as I have had a minimum of three months' credit, I have been able to (when leaving) phone up and have the service suspended; on returning, phone up and the service is switched on again - the expiry date of the credit is extended.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:01 pm
I am a swallow and renewed my internet subscription in March online from the UK. Given that now I will probably be unable to get out to NC until.September at the earliest will I get a 6 month rebate?. No, thought not! In the UK my tv, internet and mobile is with Virgin who have given us for free lots of tv channels and unlimited minutes on the mobile until.24th June.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 3:01 pm

Most internet provides have fair usage policies and know when you go over the limit and when I have spoken to Virgin Media they have told me how much I have used. I will speak to the internet provider in NC though and see if there is any offer of recompense but I am not holding my breath.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Maisiemoo. I didn’t ask for a refund since I will be using the service again when we eventually manage to get back to our Cyprus home.
Like Jofra (9 above) I look to suspending the service until we return then effectively extending my subscription period.
I know my next door neighbours also work this system.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”