Deleting or uninstalling apps from mobile phone

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Deleting or uninstalling apps from mobile phone

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I have a Xiaomi Redmi phone and really want to delete or uninstall the Google Time Line and Google Assistant. I've tried three different methods on Google and they don't work. Have even quoted the exact model of phone and that doesn't work either. Am I stuck with them as there seems to be so much that once Google have it on a phone you just have to live with it.!!!

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Deleting or uninstalling apps from mobile phone

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi Sophie,
Found this online...

Open the Google app > Tap on the "More" icon bottom right of the screen > Settings > Under the Google Assistant subheading tap on Settings > Phone > then switch the Google Assistant off.

More.
https://support.google.com/assistant/th ... 3397?hl=en

Cheetah
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Deleting or uninstalling apps from mobile phone

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Cheetah »

Google Assistant:

To turn off Google Assistant, tap Settings> Google> Search, Assistant, and Audio> Google Assistant. Tap Assistant at the top of the screen, select your device, and turn off Google Assistant.

Google Timeline:

Open Google Maps on iPhone or Android. Tap the menu bar on the top-left of the app. Choose “Your Timeline.” Tap the three dots on the top-right of the screen. Choose “Settings and privacy.” Select “Automatically delete location history.

These instructions will stop the applications from running but they may not uninstall them, since they are both an essential part of Android OS.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”