vodafone service to go from May 6th-complaints form

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

vodafone service to go from May 6th-complaints form

•   Message 1 of 43 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

The more people that complain the better, maybe they will think again.
They did a couple of years ago.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-inf ... Core-Exact

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: vodafone service to go from May 6th-complaints form

•   Message 2 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Done.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 43 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

Done
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Complain about what?

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Done

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 43 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

What I said to Vodafone
Complaint
You are stopping the European use of the phone in Northern Cyprus which is part of the EU also because the network is Run by Vodafone Turkey this is profiteering and against your roam anywhere in Europe as Northern Cyprus is in the EU

Action Required
Reverse your decision as you did two years ago and allow "At home calls in all Cyprus and Turkey as you are Vodafone there as well

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Done for 2 accounts. Also made both accounts PAYG and told them when I get back to UK i will request UPC's for both numbers.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks for the link. Done.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 43 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Just had a reply e-mail from Vodaphone basically saying tough!!!! If you want to keep roaming in trnc or Turkey you must upgrade or you can cancel your contract, looks like I'm going to cancel. Did say originally they would call and discus my complaint, but just the e-mail. Not a great response

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 43 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

War horse
did you point out that North Cyprus is an eu country and they are breaching their offer for free eu roaming
Also they own Vodafone Turkey and are just profiteering at times of plauge

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Vodafone have never been the same since accountants took over the boardroom. A big mistake for what was a pioneering leading edge company... Lost its cool.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 43 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

my response from vodafone below

Thanks for contacting Vodafone Customer Relations Team.

This is in regards to your complaint regarding the change in roaming policy for North Cyprus. We would like to let you know that there are many factors which affects the changes in policy. We would like to assure you that even though roaming charges will be applicable from 6 May 2020, Vodafone still provides one of the cost effective rates in North Cyprus and Turkey.

I hope this has addressed your concerns. To accept this offer, or if you have any further questions, please access your complaints portal within the next 28 days to advise us. We're available every day between 8am and 9pm and one of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you. Alternatively, you can call us on 08080 045 200 (standard call charges apply).

Just to note, you'll need to let us know your unique reference number 357017 before we'll be able to talk to you about your case.

Yours sincerely

Taher Bootwala
Customer Relations
Vodafone Limited
Tel: 08080 045 200
Email: [email protected]

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I had the same. Guess I will look elsewhere then. Hopefully by then the shops will be open here and I may be able to get a Turkish sim but that would mean registering my UK phone here and losing the UK number. May look for an alternative from the UK.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 43 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

They are miss advertising As I've told them after they tried to fob me off
"You state that Cyprus is in the roam free plan it is not .You are miss advertising North Cyprus is part of the EU and as such should be roam free as the rest of the EU Please answer my complaint"

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 43 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

I have just received this reply in response to my complaint form:

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. I'm really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 31 March 2020.

In your email, you mentioned that you want to know that after May 2020, whether the whole of Cyprus remain in Roam free destination for using the Roaming service.

I can confirm that after May 2020, the whole of Cyprus will still remain in Roam free destination for using the Roaming service. In future, if there any change then we will let you know.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 43 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Be worth checking that they also mean the north when they say the whole of cyprus?

See petition below

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/6 ... YR-DQGiH84

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 43 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Hi Frugal, this was exactly the question I put to them and they have confirmed in writing ‘ the whole of Cyprus’. This is what happened a couple of years ago and Vodafone told me that it they had put it in writing then they had to abide by it. Only time will tell but I am certainly keeping a copy of their email! Stay safe.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Just received on my Vodafone.

Hello. We note you may still be in Turkey and appreciate current events could prevent you from returning to the UK as planned. Keeping you connected is our number one priority, so we'll be giving you 30 days unlimited data at no extra cost. We'll send you a text when your unlimited data is available. We're also delaying the change to the cost of roaming in Turkey until 07 July 2020 for all our customers currently in Turkey.

Asia111

•   Message 19 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

I am on a monthly sim only package with vodafone and currently in TRNC.

As per member ‘Butterflyaway’ ...........
Just received a text from Vodafone saying ..............We are delaying the cost of roaming in Turkey until 07/07/2020 for all our customers currently in Turkey.

nonna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 43 in Discussion

Post by nonna »

Just received this from Vodafone

Hello. We note you may still be in Turkey and appreciate current events could prevent you from returning to the UK as planned. Keeping you connected is our number one priority, so we'll be giving you 30 days unlimited data at no extra cost. We'll send you a text when your unlimited data is available. We're also delaying the change to the cost of roaming in Turkey until 07 July 2020 for all our customers currently in Turkey. If you'd like to use your phone in 81 destinations with no extra daily costs, choose our Unlimited Max plan for more roaming destinations than any other UK network. To switch and claim your exclusive discount, call us on +448081645488 by 09 April 2020. We're available Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm UK time.
Keep the pressure on them ✌🏼

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Has anyone else been back to them and asked the direct question does that include North Cyprus? If so then I won't bother but if not I will crack on with it and report back.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Just switching to Sky mobile. Much better deal for us in UK (unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 8gb data which if not used rolls over, £7.50 per month (as a Sky customer already or would be £10pm). Still get a £6 a day charge if we use mobile off wifi in NC but will make sure we don't.

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 43 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Chriswright03, I did ask them if ;the whole of Cyprus' would remain a roam free destination after May and the confirmed yes! - Who knows. Stay safe

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 43 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I have a phone with UK Vodaphone payg sim here in TRNC and no messages so far about changing rules. I don't really use it, but keep it live every so often by sending a text.

Unfortunately, I have Revolut account on this phone, so will have to see if I can get this changed to my TRNC phone. Has anyone done this? I already have looked on Revolut site and Turkey is a definite no for having a Revolut card, so a bit worried about changing phone number, and it will be a different phone too.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 25 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Alphamike, I changed my Revolut app from a phone with a TRNC SIM/number to another phone with a UK SIM, and tben back again (due to registration issues).

I did get myself tied in knots at one point, but a very helpful and patient operative on the 'live chat' helped me to unravel my mess :)

If you have a good read of the FAQ's before you attempt it, you should be OK - my mistake was diving in before reading...

As long as you are not changing your personal details, address etc. you should not have any issues.

I had already set up an automatic topup from a UK Bank account, so even in the period when I'd lost use of the app, the account stayed in credit & I could continue to use the Revolut card - I just wasn't able to see the balance, or transaction details.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 43 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks KC, I will tread carefully and read before I try the process.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 43 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

appears that 299TL is the cost of a basic phone at telesim. Not a smart phone but that would do me, unless Vodafone backtrack on their plans.
If I can top up on line then that would do us for our two visits in spring and autumn, not this year though!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 28 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Frugal

Try computer shops like Laconic...

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 29 of 43 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

When Vodafone say the "whole of Cyprus", are they assuming your phone may be connected to Vodafone in the Republic, and if you connect to Vodafone Turkey in the North then you'll be considered to be in Turkey and charged accordingly? I had this same problem with EE in September / October 2017 who were then quoting in a nutshell, free roaming in Cyprus. Having spent the last week of September and the first week of October on holiday, my September bill came through mid October at about £175 ish and i rang to complain only to find out that my October bill was already about £150. I know why and so did they but my point was that their website should have stated excluding Northern Cyprus if they don't see Cyprus as a whole island unlike the EU and United Nations. I got a full refund, and i believe their website has now been updated. Still went to Vodafone though.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Had a call from Vodafone yesterday to discuss the changes and did we want to change to Unlimited. Err no we will wait until the July cut off and then go elsewhere thanks. Oh and by the way can you stop ringing us every day as it is a little bit irritating?

quality25
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 43 in Discussion

Post by quality25 »

Im on vodafone and i was paying £20/month sim only unlimited calls/texts & 100GB data per month. Had the same email saying roaming in turkey was stopping.
I rang them and they upgrade me to the new Ultimate Max plan. This gives me unlimited calls/texts and unlimited data. It also gives full roaming in turkey /north cyprus. It is normaly £30/month but they gave it to me for £22.50

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

How long is that discount for if you don't mind me asking? I see an offer where I can get it for half price for 6 months but it then reverts to full price.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 43 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

After sending a complaint I was also called. Eventually, after quite a long conversation and multiple pauses while the rep spoke with someone else (complicated by the fact they are working from home), I was offered what I believe is called Global Roaming Plus (but I may have the name wrong - the app hasn’t updated yet for me to check), which is no extra roaming cost for all countries, 100 inclusive EU call minutes, unlimited UK data, calls and text, for just under £23 a month on an 18 month contract - seemed fair to me :+1:)

Edit: I've just received confirmation of the plan - it's 24-month Unlimited Max Plan with 100min to EU, plus Entertainment, plus VGR Plus for £23.80.

VGR Plus is Vodafone Global Roaming Plus which lets you use your services in 81 countries: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/pu ... 092802.pdf.
Entertainment lets you choose between Spotify Premium, Amazon Prime Video, Sky Sports Mobile TV, or NOW Entertainment TV Pass. I already have Spotify Premium which I will cancel and use the 'free' Vodafone one, so as I was already paying that at £9.99 a month, it means the phone contract works out at only £13.81 a month.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 43 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

It took about ten days filled in the complaint form

They responded and I replied I was not satisfied #

Basis of the complaint was European roaming not being covered in North Cyprus so breaching their advertising

They rang back 5 times from India over five days they had problems with their systems

Then they connected me to NI who offered a two year contract at £22.50 a reduced rate details of contract below

Your new Unlimited plan
Standard UK minutes UNLIMITED
Standard UK texts UNLIMITED
Data UNLIMITED
Vodafone Global Roaming Plus
5G (coverage and compatible device required)

Your plan costs Start Date End Date
Monthly plan cost (excluding any discounts) £30.00
Discount: 25% off plan 25% 13-Apr-20 13-Jul-22
Vodafone Secure Net (after free trial) £1.00
Vodafone Secure Net - 3 month free trial £0.00 13-Apr-20 13-Jul-20

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Had the same call and offer today. As we end up buying a data sim for £30 each time we go back to the UK for the internet it won't work out that much more so went with it.

Chelsea
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chelsea »

Had a call back from filling in complaint. Was told ALL Cyprus will continue after 6th May. This has been confirmed in an email.

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 43 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Chelsea, they confirmed this in writing to me as well

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

It has been extended until July because of the problems at the moment. Whether it will be extended beyond that I don't know.

Janners
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Janners »

I contacted Vodafone today via their web chat. Explained the only reason i chose them was because of their free data roaming for NC. Had an exchange about them changing my plan and my right to cancel the contract. The customer service advisor was very understanding and they have now upgraded my plan from a vodafone global roaming to a vodafone global roaming plus free of charge. Don't accept the changes without challenging them.

Dropshort
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Dropshort »

Received text message today from Vodafone UK advising wef 8 July will be unable to use my U.K. texts, minuets and data at no extra cost on my package (£5 monthly pay as you go). Spent some considerable time on live chat requesting they confirm as this subject had been discussed with them previously at which time they confirmed Cyprus as a whole WAS included in their Europe wide package. Not anymore they say. Sad, as for me this was a great deal. Hopefully heading back to U.K. once flights resume so will be looking for an alternative package.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

As Turkey were to be removed from Vodafone’s EU free Roaming Area, I changed my contract to PAYG.

Then today, Vodafone sent me this text;

You're probably expecting a text about roaming charges - but no! You're in our Europe Zone, so any minutes, texts and data you use cost the same as if you were in the UK. So you can stay in touch with friends and family back home or in TURKEY. Even better, you can also use any freebies or extras too. For info & terms see www.vodafone.co.uk/travellingabroad. Stay safe while you're abroad - for emergency services call 112.

So, is Turkey and N Cyprus still in the Europe Zone?

Or why do they assume I am on one of their expensive Max packages, when I am on PAYG?

Anyone else had the text?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Butterflyaway wrote:
Wed 08 Jul 2020 9:42 pm
As Turkey were to be removed from Vodafone’s EU free Roaming Area, I changed my contract to PAYG.

You're probably expecting a text about roaming charges - but no! You're in our Europe Zone, so any minutes, texts and data you use cost the same as if you were in the UK. So you can stay in touch with friends and family back home or in TURKEY. Even better, you can also use any freebies or extras too. For info & terms see www.vodafone.co.uk/travellingabroad. Stay safe while you're abroad - for emergency services call 112.

Or why do they assume I am on one of their expensive Max packages, when I am on PAYG?

Their system almost certainly has your subscriber info in more than one database and is squirting out texts that are inappropriate for your actual subscription package... sorry mate I think message should be ignored, their data reconciliation processes have obviously been poorly tested...

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 43 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Groucho wrote:
Thu 09 Jul 2020 7:04 am
Butterflyaway wrote:
Wed 08 Jul 2020 9:42 pm

Their system almost certainly has your subscriber info in more than one database and is squirting out texts that are inappropriate for your actual subscription package... sorry mate I think message should be ignored, their data reconciliation processes have obviously been poorly tested...
You are correct!

Today I received another text, letting me know where I am and the correct cost of making/receiving. Idiots! (>:)(

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”