Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Wear a Mask or not

•   Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Just got back from shopping.

The number of people standing at the checkout with no masks on.

I thought there was a 900 lira fine for people not wearing one.

The other thing is to tell the checkout staff to refuse to serve them and ask them to leave.

I get peed off with all these good ideas that come to nothing.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Wear a Mask or not

•   Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Hair Cut wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 11:39 am
Just got back from shopping.

The number of people standing at the checkout with no masks on.

I thought there was a 900 lira fine for people not wearing one.

The other thing is to tell the checkout staff to refuse to serve them and ask them to leave.

I get peed off with all these good ideas that come to nothing.
The fines are in mainland Turkey... a lot of folk have been misled by cut and paste reporting.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

For some the pandemic is over. Hardly any masks worn now anywhere! Our local yapi market packed, no masks, our local supermarket most people wearing masks but some coming straight in no masks. The staff ignore the problem.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Been asking myself the same question. Starlings, no staff at all, customers hurriedly put them on before entering. Silver Rocks, all staff wearing them plus latex gloves (except the owners) not one single customer (the place was packed last Sunday) , Acmenya, no staff or customers, wearing them. Mr Pound, no staff but some customers. The list goes on and on. Some places still have a token hand wash (if it isn't empty) but Pharmacists and Banks etc still on full lockdown. The Government need to make an announcement before long so we know where we are on the subject.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I will keep wearing mine when shopping although it makes it difficult to breath so I hurry up. After the borders open it will be even more important.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Deniz1 wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 5:25 pm
I will keep wearing mine when shopping although it makes it difficult to breath so I hurry up. After the borders open it will be even more important.

:+1:)

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Keithcaley wrote:
Sun 28 Jun 2020 7:51 am
Deniz1 wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 5:25 pm

:+1:) (:()) :+1:)

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

So unfortunate...as TRNC appear to have done so well and to be congratulated on controlling the virus...the way it has.
Let’s all spread the word the importance of using masks..
Or face a very sure reality of spreading the virus once again..

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

I was told its no longer mandatory after the 1st

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Where did you hear this news?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Mandatory or not, no one at Restaurant today was wearing them, other than staff. They have been officially told they don't have to take temps any longer, and after 1st they don't have to take peoples names and phone number, so perhaps its the same with masks?

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

forestpixie wrote:
Sun 28 Jun 2020 8:21 pm
Where did you hear this news?
A customer , BRS was mentioned in the same conversation, personally I have only seen an article where Erhurman pleads

“I say to our people ‘for the new normality’ after July 1st’ please wear your masks after July 1st, keep social distancing, let’s not behave as comfortably as we do today’, because we don’t have a government we trust or believe that it is serious.”

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Oh well, who knows!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

When no one was allowed in from infected countries we had to wear masks and keep our distance. Now possible infectious people will be coming and they relax that rule? Doesnt make sense. Learn from whats happening in America 7000 new cases in one day in one state alone. We dont want it to happen here!

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

I had a stress test, otherwise known as a treadmill test/exercise test.

It’s where you are all wired up and then they increase the speed and incline to get you to try and achieve 100% of your maximum heart rate.

This was done at the State Hospital. I must say most, but not everyone was wearing masks.

I was told that I must keep my mask on throughout the complete 18 minute test even though at the most difficult part, my heart rate was at its maximum of 162 bpm.

It was not comfortable. However, I thought if I can wear a mask during this test, I could easily wear it everywhere. Those that have it around their chin, not covering their nose, etc, would dearly wish they had worn it, when they are fighting for their lives.

I hope when it becomes law again, they will make the rules unambiguous.

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

Masks greatly reduce the transmission of infection. Social distancing plus masks eliminate inhaling any remaining bugs. Caveat: to be effective masks need to be changed after 20 minutes.
To wear a mask sets an example and shows you are doing your best to avoid infecting others as well as protecting yourself. Let us continue to lead by example now that the risk of infection is increasing.
Managing risk in social settings will become more difficult as more and more "outsiders" arrive. Time to call Prudence.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

IMHO handwashing is far more a deterrent to spreading the virus, obviously a combination of the two is even better. I'm just as bad. Back in the day I used to wash my hand thoroughly about 12 times a day plus. I suddenly realised I have slipped badly and have started being more conscientious.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

sophie, i do not want to interrupt your personal studies on sars cov 2..
also others did some studies, eg virologist sars coc 2 experts....... and the result of them is:
40+ % transmission from direct = close contacts
40+ % aerosols
max 10 % smear infections.

howardjennings
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Post by howardjennings »

The wearing of masks has been a controversial subject. Friends who were repatriated to the UK last month were
astonished to find no one wearing masks in their local hospital, including the medical staff. It was only in the Covid 19
wards that they were being worn.

Here the novelty has worn off. Just like the crash helmet on the handle bars, having a mask hanging from your neck is
compliance, and that's if you can bother to have one at all.

Statistically the positive cases are going to rise. The question is, will there be another lock down, will the authorities try to
enforce the rules? Probably not. So we will have to do our best to protect ourselves.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Fri 03 Jul 2020 11:42 am
sophie, i do not want to interrupt your personal studies on sars cov 2..
also others did some studies, eg virologist sars coc 2 experts....... and the result of them is:
40+ % transmission from direct = close contacts
40+ % aerosols
max 10 % smear infections.

Direct contact would include touching others and touching your eyes, mouth, nose. So washing hands is perfectly valid.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

howardjennings wrote:
Sat 04 Jul 2020 2:02 pm
The wearing of masks has been a controversial subject. Friends who were repatriated to the UK last month were
astonished to find no one wearing masks in their local hospital, including the medical staff.

It is now mandatory in England to wear masks on public transport and all medical establishments. I went to the dentist yesterday, had to wear a mask until in the dentists chair, wait outside the building until my appointment time and had my temperature taken. There is also talk.of making it mandatory to wear masks in all shops too.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Wed 08 Jul 2020 5:52 pm
howardjennings wrote:
Sat 04 Jul 2020 2:02 pm
astonished to find no one wearing masks in their local hospital, including the medical staff.

It is now mandatory in England to wear masks on public transport and all medical establishments. I went to the dentist yesterday, had to wear a mask until in the dentists chair, wait outside the building until my appointment time and had my temperature taken. There is also talk.of making it mandatory to wear masks in all shops too.
My husband went to the Hearing Aid store last week he had to wait outside until appointment time and had to sanitize and wear a mask.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Saintsfan, some places are following the "rules" exactly, but sadly more and more establishments are letting it slip to virtual non existence. From my experience this last week or ten days, some restaurants and cafes seem to be totally ignoring any rule. As do the patrons.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Yesterday, belidere have signs on every door must wear a mask nobody including staff wearing them.
Siba, had to go back to the car to get mask, only customer at the time, two staff both wearing masks.
CONFUSED!!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Dont pay any attention to what others are doing.

Your responsibility is to do whatever is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones.

If others are not so diligent, you can't do very much about it except point it out.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Totally agree KC, point is, even those wearing them don't always know correct way to wear them. Watched a guy get out of his car this morning, wearing a mask but only covering chin and mouth. Within seconds he had a couple of good old sneezes, what was the point of the mask? I just do my own thing. and will continue to do so.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”