Torn ligament in ankle - surgery required.

Need to know where to find an English speaking Dentist or Doctor in North Cyprus? Find out about members' medical experiences within the TRNC. Ask questions...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sazna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Torn ligament in ankle - surgery required.

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sazna »

Hi does anyone have any experience of having surgery here on a torn ligament in the ankle.
If so which Dr/hospital did you use, were you happy with the procedure and results and approx cost.

Any info and advice appreciated

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Torn ligament in ankle - surgery required.

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Get at least three, separate, professional opinions as to:
What
How
Cost
Rehabilitation
When
Where
Why

Other forum users will have useful opinions, but they will not cover your personal circumstances. I advise this as a retired UK-trained Chartered Physiotherapist, Remedial Therapist, Sports Therapist and PE/Sports Coach with over 50 years experience. I wish you well. What diagnosis was given to you (what has been damaged, how, when, where, your age , general health etc) are all factors to be considered? Email and telephone treatments are fraught with legal implications for anybody offering them.

sazna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Torn ligament in ankle - surgery required.

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by sazna »

Thank you so much for this info.

I have had numerous consults with diff doctors (lots of mis-diognosis) here and in the south, it's now been 2 years since my injury was due to go in for surgery with a Dr in the south at the end of march but then lockdown happened and now it's very difficult if not impossible to cross the border so wanted to find a reputable Dr here.

tomsteel wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020 4:20 pm
Get at least three, separate, professional opinions as to:
What
How
Cost
Rehabilitation
When
Where
Why

Other forum users will have useful opinions, but they will not cover your personal circumstances. I advise this as a retired UK-trained Chartered Physiotherapist, Remedial Therapist, Sports Therapist and PE/Sports Coach with over 50 years experience. I wish you well. What diagnosis was given to you (what has been damaged, how, when, where, your age , general health etc) are all factors to be considered? Email and telephone treatments are fraught with legal implications for anybody offering them.

Return to “MEDICAL & DENTAL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”