Larnaca/Pile or Istanbul/Ercan

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Shropwolf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Larnaca/Pile or Istanbul/Ercan

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Shropwolf »

I know we would not be able to go back this way but, as swallows returning from England, we are seriously considering the Larnaca/Pile option. Reasons - avoids usual Istanbul transfer hassle; one plane and two airports probably covid safer than two and three; considerably lower cost.
Our long serving and very reliable taxi driver assures us that he has no problem bringing his customers through Pile and, because there are fewer people, document scrutiny, PCR checks, etc., are much simpler and quicker than at Ercan.
Problems, as I see them, are:
1 What the GCs require at Larnaca - I don't suppose they would be too happy see our address in Ozankoy as our intended destination on their Cyprus Flight Pass
2 The GCs (or TCs for that matter) may stop the Pile crossing between us booking flights and our arrival (Sod's Law)

Have any of you out there done the Larnaca/Pile route over the last couple of weeks and, if so, what were your experiences?
What is the situation regarding Border Control at Ercan since reduced quarantine controls were introduced for UK visitors and what have those Brits entering via Istanbul/Ercan experienced since that time?
Finally, do any of you have experience of a reliable company around the West Midlands/Shropshire that can carry out a PCR test and guarantee a report within the 72 and 120 hours of travel required by TRNC?

Sorry about the length of this post, especially if the queries have been raised before. I have tracked back previous posts, but I am new to Kibkom and have not found anything since the new quarantine requirements for Brits were introduced
Thanks for your forbearance

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Larnaca/Pile or Istanbul/Ercan

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Welcome to the forum.
If you are still on Facebook other very useful groups to join are WTF North Cyprus and North Cyprus Uncut.
Lots of info on this topic has been discussed there.
Good luck with whichever route you choose and maybe see you soon.....

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have heard people crossing frm lanica to north but not the other way . Think if going back then that won’t happen that way

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

I would not go the LCA route

1 The GC will only let you go North so a single ticket to Larnaca then return via Turkey

2 The GC can change the rules at the drop of a hat and their prime objective is the disruption/destruction of the TRNC

3 The airlines are changing their minds on a regular basis on flights into RoC and all you will get is a credit note for none flight

4 Come 2021 there will be no UK right to cross the border

5 Book with TA and if you don't take the booked flight you can rebook until Dec 31 2021 (see terms )

Yes I have tickets booked and waiting to see the outcome of the TRNC quarantine at home scheme as I dont want a week in a hotel room

Up The Wolves

:+1:)

plk74
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by plk74 »

Shropwolf, Google Summerfield Healthcare Wolverhampton. They do drive-in tests at Wolverhampton, also Shrewsbury.

Good luck.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loc ... -walk-ins/

The Showell Road site off Stafford Road in Wolverhampton had previously been used for pre-booked drive-through tests only.

It will now also be open as a walk-in site as part of efforts by Wolverhampton Council to make testing more accessible.

John Denley, Wolverhampton's Director of Public Health, said: "Although we encourage people to book appointments for Covid testing, we want to make it as simple as possible for people to get tested.

“The steady increase in cases in recent weeks shows us that coronavirus is prevalent in Wolverhampton.

Shropwolf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Shropwolf »

Thanks for your responses. I think the less risky option will be Istanbul/Ercan and we will take a look at Summerfield for our PCR tests as they are more local than others we have come across - so, thanks for that info plk74. BRS have provided updated info on quarantine requirements and also private PCR test clinics - they certainly know how to charge (but how come a clinic in London with Turkish staff are able to charge about one third the average price of other clinics across the country. I think the Showell Road site in Wolverhampton is a NHS testing facility, Wanderer (COYW) - so would not satisfy TRNC requirements.
We will probably be making arrangements to return early September (sooner rather than later as we have reports of the bougainvillea tearing down our boundary wall) - so, Panchocat, we should be bumping into you and Trev fairly soon

If anyone out there is willing to share recent experience of arriving though Ercan (times for processing docs and checks, requirements for proof of home ownership, transport from airport to home etc., etc.), I would be very grateful

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

There are a number of people making the journey to the TRNC in the next couple of weeks and using the U.K. - Turkey - TRNC route. I have no doubt that they will post their experience of not only the flight but also the PCR documentation required, plus transfer and quarantine arrangements.

There has been a lot posted about the validity of the NHS PCR test. It seems it is accepted but you do need to ensure that you print off the date time of the test appointment, plus also print off the actual test results. I am sure those that have used this service will post if this is not the case.

Of course the rules seem to change frequently with regards to the entry requirements which does complicate things.

Personally, I would not advise travelling via Larnaca as it’s another set of rules, checks and immigration to negotiate. Plus putting down a TRNC address may raise concerns or give reason for further questions. Currently the GC authorities have imposed strict rules on who is allowed to cross to the TRNC via border crossings from the Republic of Cyprus. Crossing via the British Sovereign Base area either at Beyarmudu (Pergamos) or at Vrysoulles/Ayios Nikolaos (Famagusta) might be possible when travelling north but you will no doubt be advised that you would not be able to return to the Republic of Cyprus via this route at a later date.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Shropwolf wrote:
Sun 16 Aug 2020 2:51 pm
Thanks for your responses. I think the less risky option will be Istanbul/Ercan and we will take a look at Summerfield for our PCR tests as they are more local than others we have come across - so, thanks for that info plk74. BRS have provided updated info on quarantine requirements and also private PCR test clinics - they certainly know how to charge (but how come a clinic in London with Turkish staff are able to charge about one third the average price of other clinics across the country. I think the Showell Road site in Wolverhampton is a NHS testing facility, Wanderer (COYW) - so would not satisfy TRNC requirements.
We will probably be making arrangements to return early September (sooner rather than later as we have reports of the bougainvillea tearing down our boundary wall) - so, Panchocat, we should be bumping into you and Trev fairly soon

If anyone out there is willing to share recent experience of arriving though Ercan (times for processing docs and checks, requirements for proof of home ownership, transport from airport to home etc., etc.), I would be very grateful
NHS tests are fully accepted for the TRNC entrance requirements print off the email you will receive so no cost

Might see you if we make it at the Paradise on matchday just waiting to see what the first people experience (:Q)
pm me

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

My friend arrived yesterday morning from STN with Pegasus, the plane was early.
Luckily she was in Row 3 so one of the first to be processed the first desk to check her documentation & the second the PCR test, then at Passport Control she had to sign a form, luggage was out so she was in the taxi in less than 40 minutes - very impressed with the efficiency & organisation of the TRNC authorities!

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

shropwolf, I have sent you an email.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion