Turkcell Internet, any good?

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell Internet, any good?

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

We are thinking of using Turkcell internet at home as our current provider is so problematic. Does anyone currently use it and is it easy to report any issues that you may have with it?

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell Internet, any good?

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

forestpixie wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:50 am
We are thinking of using Turkcell internet at home as our current provider is so problematic. Does anyone currently use it and is it easy to report any issues that you may have with it?
Is Turkcell branded as Lifecell?

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Hmm I've no idea

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Ah apparently it is

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

forestpixie wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:30 am
Ah apparently it is
Ok.
I can only speak from my experience with them about 18 months ago. I paid a year up front and can honestly say their service was extremely poor, to say the least. The Internet was constantly up and down and at one time I wa without any for 4 days. Several phone calls were met with “someone will call you back” which they never did. In the end I surrendered and changed to an alternative supplier losing about 3 to 4 months of cash I’d paid up front. I would not touch them with a barge pole but as my experience is 18ish months ago they could have improved. You really need a reply from a current user.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Brazen wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 4:19 pm
forestpixie wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 11:30 am
Ah apparently it is
Ok.
I can only speak from my experience with them about 18 months ago. I paid a year up front and can honestly say their service was extremely poor, to say the least. The Internet was constantly up and down and at one time I wa without any for 4 days. Several phone calls were met with “someone will call you back” which they never did. In the end I surrendered and changed to an alternative supplier losing about 3 to 4 months of cash I’d paid up front. I would not touch them with a barge pole but as my experience is 18ish months ago they could have improved. You really need a reply from a current user.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've heard mixed things so far.

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Don’t bother came to us in Catalkoy no can do quick look top of our roof too low absolute waste of time

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Oh no (:Z)(

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Thanks all. We are sticking as we are.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

We are very happy with multimax. Cannot fault then although of course they do get many criticsms. Just renewed ours for one year, same price as last year but apparently special deal til end of August two extra months or one if you just pay for six months.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Been with Airmax for almost 2 years and happy. They fix any problems quickly Reccomended them to friends who are also happy.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

forestpixie wrote:
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:50 am
Well, we have recently switched to Lifecell (Turkcell). Lifecell package is a little cheaper than our previous provider on a like for like basis.

Lifecell offered us a 12 month plus three month free package. The three months free being free upfront. The 12 months contract being paid monthly, when it becomes due. I thought this a pretty good deal.

Prior to installation a team conducted a site survey and checked signal strength. Subsequent fitting of equipment was undertaken by professional and polite guys who spoke good English. We were called to advise when they would be coming and the team arrived on time.

Internet service is good, tonight we are getting an average of 17.7 mbps from a max 20 mbps package. We live west of Karşıyaka.

Telephone comms is conducted in English.

So far, we are happy customers of Lifecell (Turkcell).
libens volens potens

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”