yes yes yes!!!!

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

yes yes yes!!!!

•   Message 1 of 153 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

YES YES YES

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: yes yes yes!!!!

•   Message 2 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

I'm not sure whether that refers to Bidens' victory over Trump or sounds emitting from the honeymoon suite at the 5* star hotel near you!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Lol, Biden result I presume. Could be "Fake" news. (:())
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 153 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Just a BBC prediction!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 153 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Great news that Biden has been elected.
We have been glued to CNN since Wednesday morning (yes, sad perhaps but fascinating "car crash" TV).

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 153 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Hahaha Brinsley!!! Deffo Trump news!! Nobody hears us whatever emotion we shout out here!!! (no close neighbours), (8)) (8)) (8)) (8))

P:)) P:)) P:)) P:)) P:)) P:))

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 153 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Watching the crowds celebrating at the White House reminds me of when they pulled down the Berlin Wall.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 153 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Interesting view from his niece Mary Trump here....

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

paul90 wrote:
Sat 07 Nov 2020 6:48 pm
Does he know to what?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 12:22 am
paul90 wrote:
Sat 07 Nov 2020 6:48 pm
Does he know to what?
At least he knows it's not his own private theme park to which he can invite his cronies and staff with family members to ensure his megalomania is fully serviced...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 6:24 am

At least he knows it's not his own private theme park to which he can invite his cronies and staff with family members to ensure his megalomania is fully serviced...
Considering he hasn’t done much in 50 years in government his son Hunter has done very well for himself so I’d be careful with the cronyism accusations tbh.

You never know he might turn it into a theme park he seems to really like children.

Hopefully he stays in good health over the next 4 years and doesn’t join many of his voters because the Vice President would be a nightmare.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

I don't think Biden will be very friendly to the UK, I read he didn't believe Brexit was a good thing.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Hair Cut wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 2:16 pm
I don't think Biden will be very friendly to the UK, I read he didn't believe Brexit was a good thing.
No I think our best hope was with Trump tbh.
Having said that there’s a good chance Biden will get us and the Ukraine confused.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 153 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Jesus I cannot believe anyone in their right mind could possibly think Trump was the best option. He spouts our too many opinions, totally unfounded, he is a troublemaker, encourages guns... mentally unstable, well into nepotism... need I go on.... just thankful I do not live in the us... the way it’s going... another civil war on its way but hopefully not. A rational president who actually understands politics rather than a business man is what is needed. Trump in charge of us was more than scary.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

mrsgee wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 4:16 pm

Jesus I cannot believe anyone in their right mind could possibly think Trump was the best option.
I'm not saying he was a great option but I think a better option than Biden for America and certainly a better option for Britain. Biden will do Britain no favours at all.
mrsgee wrote:

He spouts our too many opinions, totally unfounded, he is a troublemaker,
Whether you like him or not Trump doesn't get a fair shake from the press so is left with Twitter and the like to correspond with the American people. Whilst his quibbles on the voting in the election has been a bit outlandish there certainly does seem to be a few things that are worth examination. Whilst I can buy into an increase in population and the anti Trump vote getting out some of the numbers that Biden has pulled in seem suspiciously high. Let's be honest he isn't a Bill Clinton or an Obama. Nothing in his campaign and rallies suggested that he would get the largest vote in history. Maybe he did connect with the dead and get their vote out in large numbers because he certainly didn't seem to electrify the living.
As for the outrage that he suggests the election might have been fiddled, that the outrage is coming from The Democrats who kept going on the the Russians fiddled the 2016 election and have bought several legal cases is a bit hypocritical but nothing new there.
mrsgee wrote:

encourages guns... mentally unstable, well into nepotism... need I go on.... just thankful I do not live in the us... the way it’s going... another civil war on its way but hopefully not. A rational president who actually understands politics rather than a business man is what is needed. Trump in charge of us was more than scary.
Re guns sadly I don't think any politician who hopes to get power in the US can tackle guns and at best they may make a few noises but no president will do much about guns.
Mentally stability? To paraphrase Billy Connolly I wouldn't trust Biden with the TV remote let alone the nuclear codes, I think he is shot away.
Nepotism? I really think you need to look at young Hunter's business dealings with the Ukraine and China before delving into that tbh.

I think a businessman is just what is needed and a more successful one than Trump. Biden is a professional politician who has been in the senate since Nixon's time. I think both Britain and America are getting heartily sick of professional politicians who have never engaged with the outside world/

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 153 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Well we all have our opinions.... Trump has always scared me to death.... what is needed is new young blood, but there does not seem to be a tendency for that US...... I still maintain, Trump is like a spoilt child..... still thinks he is in a boardroom somewhere in charge of some bankrupt company or other.... Melania cant wait to get away from him, apparently.... lets see what happens, and who is right and who is wrong.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

mrsgee wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 6:34 pm
Well we all have our opinions.... Trump has always scared me to death.... what is needed is new young blood, but there does not seem to be a tendency for that US...... I still maintain, Trump is like a spoilt child..... still thinks he is in a boardroom somewhere in charge of some bankrupt company or other.... Melania cant wait to get away from him, apparently.... lets see what happens, and who is right and who is wrong.
No I agree new young blood is needed. You did catch how old Biden is? :) Ever listen to him speak?

But he has been a senator for a long long time so must have a fair few achievements under his belt.
Legislation he has helped through the senate?
Great speeches?
Principles he has stood for and been at the forefront of?

At least with Trump what you see is what you get.
Biden is a professional politician. You don't like his principles, he will produce different ones.
He has a black female vice-president. Progressive or a clever move to cushion stuff like this?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... gle-quote/

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 153 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

So What will the effect be upon the UK and indeed ex pats in TRNC?

A new president is always a bit of an unknown and as the most powerful person in the free world the world watches to see what his policies bring or take away from some.
For the UK. Its all about a trade deal. I'm concerned. Who will he call first the heads of state within the EU OR Boris. I'd be setting up trade with the biggest players definitely. If Boris reneges on the divorce agreement , in particular the Irish issue, then President Biden has made it clear. There will be no USA/UK trade deal. That would be simply a catastrophe.
For The TRNC and Turkey. I've already posted a possible outcome of a Biden win. Its not good for Turkey and this will feed on to a further weakening of the tl. Its already showing in the markets.
On a wider scope. President Biden's more left wing stance may divvy out trade with and access to USA markets. Will a UK trade deal come soon? I doubt it will be top of the agenda. This will harm our economy in the interim in a period of recession. Not good.
The USA under Trump wanted to access UK food and healthcare markets. I think this demand will remain as the UK will definitely be on the back foot on the back of Brexit and the pandemic. It will be rather difficult to take a position of strength as other trading nations line up to secure favour with president Biden.
Dislike Trump as you may ;but the stability of a new term would have been better for the UK...in my opinion.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 10:43 am
Groucho wrote:
Sun 08 Nov 2020 6:24 am

You never know he might turn it into a theme park he seems to really like children.
And the QAnon quotes continue gain ground.... this type of innuendo is beneath even you... and that's saying something.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 8:49 am

And the QAnon quotes continue gain ground.... this type of innuendo is beneath even you... and that's saying something.
I had to google QAnon as I’ve never heard of it. The usual you’ve said something I don’t like so you are a Nazi ploy there. I love how you can talk about innuendo.

Ok have a look at this video and tell me you feel comfortable with It?
I’m curious as to what way you going to go here;
1. Lie and say you are
2. Change the subject, call off topic anything but have to try and say the guy isn’t very creepy
3. Admit that though you wouldn’t let him within a 100 miles of any female children you knew, you will ignore it because he isn’t the orange man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO ... oE&index=1

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 153 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Creepy Joe is totally controlled so all of you celebrating his win look forward to (at least) 5yrs of 'Covid Lockdown' now for sure and the total destruction of small/medium businesses everywhere!

Also do you not know the total backing of Greek Cypriot rights that the Democrats support??

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

All the Trump haters should take a look at this link which gives the list of promises he has fulfilled. In no way has he achieved everything but considering he has only really been in charge for about 3 1/2 years he has achieved a lot, compared to our political classes. He is not diplomatic in any way and his outspoken views have upset a lot of people including a large number of liberal Hollywood luvvies. The new man will probably be nominated for the Nobel peace prize like his democrat predessor Obama, probably for remembering what day it is, if he can. Without COVID appearing on the scene Trump would have walked it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

techtrader wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:11 am
Creepy Joe is totally controlled so all of you celebrating his win look forward to (at least) 5yrs of 'Covid Lockdown' now for sure and the total destruction of small/medium businesses everywhere!
It will be interesting that rather than sit on the sidelines and criticise we will now see their solutions. I fully expect to see covid cured by the end of the year.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brazen wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 11:59 am
his outspoken views have upset a lot of people including a large number of liberal Hollywood luvvies.
I'm just thankful that all those Hollywood luvvies that felt they were forced to leave America when Trump won will now feel they are safe to go back. We should rejoice when Miley Cyrus, Samuel L Jackson and Amy Schumer return to America from....? Hopefully Biden doesn't put their taxes up because that is one sure way to get the luvvies to leave.
Brazen wrote:

The new man will probably be nominated for the Nobel peace prize like his democrat predessor Obama,
But will he be nominated 11 days after taking office, now THAT is an achievement. Gandhi was nominated 5 times between 1937 and 1948 and never won but to be fair what did he achieve compared with Obama's first 11 days

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 12:24 pm
Brazen wrote:
his outspoken views have upset a lot of people including a large number of liberal Hollywood luvvies.
I'm just thankful that all those Hollywood luvvies that felt they were forced to leave America when Trump won will now feel they are safe to go back. We should rejoice when Miley Cyrus, Samuel L Jackson and Amy Schumer return to America from....? Hopefully Biden doesn't put their taxes up because that is one sure way to get the luvvies to leave.

Brazen wrote:

The new man will probably be nominated for the Nobel peace prize like his democrat predessor Obama,
But will he be nominated 11 days after taking office, now THAT is an achievement. Gandhi was nominated 5 times between 1937 and 1948 and never won but to be fair what did he achieve compared with Obama's first 11 days
The oscars area good example of the Hollywood luvvies muddled thinking. I always believed that the were to select the best from each category but that no longer appears to be the objective, it has to be diverse.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brazen wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 12:34 pm

The oscars area good example of the Hollywood luvvies muddled thinking. I always believed that the were to select the best from each category but that no longer appears to be the objective, it has to be diverse.
I particularly enjoy how Polanski will get a standing ovation whereas Weinstein will rightly get slaughtered. I guess Polanski is still hiring.

There has always been some strange picks but nowadays it does seem to be a share it around and remember to tick the diversity boxes.

I have to say that after the backlash about how black people were shut out of the Oscars as soon as I heard the plot of Moonlight I said to head office "that will win without any shadow of a doubt." The fact that someone missed the narrative and gave it to La La Land first was soon amended.

It wasn't a vintage year but for my money Hidden Figures should have won. It would have ticked some diversity boxes and awarded the Oscar to a good film. But when you patronise you don't use common sense. Moonlight had the most black people in so that's whose getting the Oscar.

Fences was also nominated. This was a film made by and starring Denzil Washington. Now there is no bigger fan of Denzil than me but this film was pretty much him talking in his backyard about very little. It was total drivel.
As I recall, like Moonlight, it had an all black cast so it ticked the patronising tokenism box.
I defy anyone even the greatest liberal virtue signaller born take a polygraph and to say they enjoyed either film and that they watched either more than once.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 153 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 12:24 pm
Brazen wrote:
Brazen wrote:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2020 ... ace-prize/
There’s not much Democrat Joe Biden and Republican President Donald Trump have in common. Except now, both can say they’ve been nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

dippersgirl wrote:
Sat 07 Nov 2020 6:14 pm
YES YES YES

Trump's odds have just halved.

Would be the funniest end to the strangest of years.......

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Just halved again!

I think maybe because the AG has authorised investigations into fraud in the swing states.

It would be the best comeback since Lazarus but I don't think it will stick.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 10:09 am
Groucho wrote:
Mon 09 Nov 2020 8:49 am

I had to google QAnon as I’ve never heard of it. The usual you’ve said something I don’t like so you are a Nazi ploy there. I love how you can talk about innuendo.

Ok have a look at this video and tell me you feel comfortable with It?
I’m curious as to what way you going to go here;
1. Lie and say you are
2. Change the subject, call off topic anything but have to try and say the guy isn’t very creepy
3. Admit that though you wouldn’t let him within a 100 miles of any female children you knew, you will ignore it because he isn’t the orange man

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-YjGmpO ... oE&index=1
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... gets-biden

Well then you need to read this and study-up on the matter before repeating utter nonsense that is slanderous and will make Soner liable to prosecution and ultimately closedown Kibkom...

Your link is to a video made by QAnon and none of the people in it have expressed views that concur with the voice-over, in fact they have done just the opposite. But don't let the truth get in the way of your received understanding, because you find it acceptable to regurgitate lies... I just hope no one ever accuses you of being a paedophile because you hugged a grandchild...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 9:34 am

Well then you need to read this and study-up on the matter before repeating utter nonsense that is slanderous and will make Soner liable to prosecution and ultimately closedown Kibkom...

Your link is to a video made by QAnon and none of the people in it have expressed views that concur with the voice-over, in fact they have done just the opposite. But don't let the truth get in the way of your received understanding, because you find it acceptable to regurgitate lies... I just hope no one ever accuses you of being a paedophile because you hugged a grandchild...
I have grandchildren I hug whenever I can but appropriately.
Do you have young grandchildren? May I hug them the way Biden did in some of the videos? You give permission? Would their parents? Would the child?

If the video was libelous it would have been removed by you tube so nice try on getting some censorship. I picked that video purely because it seemed to have the most of Biden's 'friendliness.'
I didn't even listen to the voiceover because the pictures speak for themselves in my opinion.
Also thrown in some faux outrage and attacked the messenger rather than the message in the same post. So 3 ticks for you there.

I particularly enjoy the hypocrisy. Trump can be accused of anything and everything but any going the other way is an outrage. We can go on for four years about how the 2016 election was stolen by the Russians but any challenge to the current election is a mad conspiracy theory or sour grapes.

Ok a few questions for you that you won't answer;

Do you think the video or footage has been faked? IE it's not Biden?
There are a lot of videos out there of Biden's over 'tactile' behaviour, are all of them from fascists or mad conspiracy theorists?
I'm quite happy to remove that video and pop up a few others if its the source that's the problem?
Does the the footage/video make comfortable viewing for you?
Do you think Biden's behaviour was appropriate?

OK if you haven't got the up to date memo here is what you do next.
You can't answer any of those questions truthfully so you need to completely avoid them.
So go on the attack and try to capture the virtuous high ground. Something like I won't answer and don't wish to continue this conversation because......
You can cut and paste that line if you like :+1:) :+1:)

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 11:20 am
Groucho wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 9:34 am

I have grandchildren I hug whenever I can but appropriately.
Do you have young grandchildren? May I hug them the way Biden did in some of the videos? You give permission? Would their parents? Would the child?

If the video was libelous it would have been removed by you tube so nice try on getting some censorship. I picked that video purely because it seemed to have the most of Biden's 'friendliness.'
I didn't even listen to the voiceover because the pictures speak for themselves in my opinion.
Also thrown in some faux outrage and attacked the messenger rather than the message in the same post. So 3 ticks for you there.

I particularly enjoy the hypocrisy. Trump can be accused of anything and everything but any going the other way is an outrage. We can go on for four years about how the 2016 election was stolen by the Russians but any challenge to the current election is a mad conspiracy theory or sour grapes.

Ok a few questions for you that you won't answer;

Do you think the video or footage has been faked? IE it's not Biden?
There are a lot of videos out there of Biden's over 'tactile' behaviour, are all of them from fascists or mad conspiracy theorists?
I'm quite happy to remove that video and pop up a few others if its the source that's the problem?
Does the the footage/video make comfortable viewing for you?
Do you think Biden's behaviour was appropriate?

You can't answer any of those questions truthfully so you need to completely avoid them.
So go on the attack and try to capture the virtuous high ground. Something like I won't answer and don't wish to continue this conversation because......
So let's be clear just so you can dig a bigger hole...

Is it your contention that Jo Biden is a paedophile?

Or are you saying that he is more tactile than you think is normal? Plenty of people are more tactile than up-tight Brits are used to... case in point Cypriots in general go in for a lot more hugging, kissing and hand-holding than we are used to.

If it's the latter, I think you are insecure and you shouldn't project that insecurity to condemn others.

If it's the former then I believe you have fallen into the trap of reading or seeing "ooops" on the internet that you feel comfortable to declare as proof when a minimum of investigation would tell you that this has well and truly been debunked...

As for the video.... as a public figure his life has been under the glare of media scrutiny for many years.... hence many hours of footage, if you then edit out all but sections of his embracing his fellow human beings it's bound to make anyone look a bit 'hug-happy'. I don't find the video as disturbing as the motives behind its creation....

You can fire as many loaded questions at me as you like but I don't see the point, after all, am not the subject of your aspersions but Jo Biden is. Trump is not being similarly smeared not because he's an angel but because the opposition have more honour and refuse to stoop to that level.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 12:37 pm

So let's be clear just so you can dig a bigger hole...

Is it your contention that Jo Biden is a paedophile?
No my contention is Biden's behaviour on several occasions is totally inappropriate. I said was he seems to be very fond of children. Personally I don't think he is I think he is senile and not at fault for his actions.
When you accuse Trump of cronyism, you of course aren't accusing him of corruption are you?
Groucho wrote:

Or are you saying that he is more tactile than you think is normal? Plenty of people are more tactile than up-tight Brits are used to..
Again, do you have young grandchildren? May I or another stranger hug them the way Biden did in some of the videos? You give permission? Would their parents? Would the child?
Groucho wrote:

As for the video.... as a public figure his life has been under the glare of media scrutiny for many years.... hence many hours of footage,
Biden has been a senator since the early 70s, I doubt anyone other than members of his immediate family could pick him out of a line up pre 2008 because he hasn't been in the 'glare of media scrutiny' he hasn't done anything.
Groucho wrote:

if you then edit out all but sections of his embracing his fellow human beings
This isn't someone editing a video to take a quote out of context or altering a clip to make some appear to answer a different question all of which occur.
Groucho wrote:

You can fire as many loaded questions at me as you like but I don't see the point, after all, am not the subject of your aspersions but Jo Biden is.
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 11:20 am

Groucho wrote:

Trump is not being similarly smeared not because he's an angel but because the opposition have more honour and refuse to stoop to that level.
Seriously? So the opposition haven’t spent 4 years banging on about Russian interference in the 2016 election and impeached him with zero evidence? And Trump has been pulled up countless times, quite rightly, for his language about women.

I think one of the main reasons that Trump is so hated is that he is thick skinned and won't sportingly accept this nonsense for the good of the party/establishment. He is going to challenge the vote and not meekly accept it. As long as there is nothing untoward why is everyone so nervous? It is a great opportunity to show how robust and fair the electoral system is.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 1:28 pm
... impeached him with zero evidence?
It is my reading of the process that there was quite a lot of evidence but the Republicans didn't want to hear it..

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 2:01 pm
It is my reading of the process that there was quite a lot of evidence but the Republicans didn't want to hear it..
So he was found guilty then?

My recollection was that they started to call for impeachment before he even took office.
Obama gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize 11 days into office, Biden gets nominated before taking office and they try and impeach Trump before he takes office. Seems very unbiased.
Shall we try and find out who is going to stand for the Republicans in 2024 so they can start proceedings now and save a lot of time?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 11 Nov 2020 2:24 pm

So he was found guilty then?

My recollection was that they started to call for impeachment before he even took office.
Obama gets nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize 11 days into office, Biden gets nominated before taking office and they try and impeach Trump before he takes office. Seems very unbiased.
Shall we try and find out who is going to stand for the Republicans in 2024 so they can start proceedings now and save a lot of time?
He wasn't found guilty because the Republican controlled senate basically refused to hear the evidence is what I think you'll find if you can be bothered to do a modicum of research.. it does not make him innocent.

Of course they called for action before he was sworn-in, that's when the offences took place, why would you think they should wait? If you knew a criminal was about to be made all-powerful, do you think it's best to wait until he has the power to pardon himself and anyone up to no good on his behalf? Don't bother answering because you'll only indulge in more obfuscation.

I really don't understand how any sane person could come to the conclusion that another Trump term would be a good thing.

The bitterness over Obama is the worst kind of sour grapes..

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Gee thanks Groucho my US family and the other millions who voted for Donald Trump thank you for doubting their sanity. Maybe, just maybe, your opinion is, just that, an opinion and not the definitive truth !!😳

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:05 pm
If you knew a criminal
So saying someone whose behaviour around children is inappropriate is a libellous smear but labelling someone a criminal isn’t? The usual double standards and hypocrisy.

Groucho wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 2:05 pm

The bitterness over Obama is the worst kind of sour grapes..
Please detail what Obama did in his first 11 days in office that would be sufficient to nominate him for a Nobel Peace Prize let alone win one. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:02 pm
Gee thanks Groucho my US family and the other millions who voted for Donald Trump thank you for doubting their sanity. Maybe, just maybe, your opinion is, just that, an opinion and not the definitive truth !!😳
They are no doubt some of the 70 million fascists that voted for him.
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Thu 12 Nov 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

ETS sadly far too many listen to the Soros, Silicon Valley owned US and worldwide press ...the truth is so far from the agenda pushed by them!!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

I concur 100% with the sentiments of Groucho in his last post!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brinsley wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:56 pm
I concur 100% with the sentiments of Groucho in his last post!
In all sincerity I can’t tell you how much that pleases me.
By all means join in, what did Obama do in his first 11 days to deserve a nomination for The Nobel Peace Prize?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 4:49 pm
ETS sadly far too many listen to the Soros, Silicon Valley owned US and worldwide press ...the truth is so far from the agenda pushed by them!!
You should be careful ever pointing out that Mr Soros might be using his vast wealth to exert any influence. The left who at times seem to have a blindness for pretty obvious anti-semitism have a default position of accusing any critics of Soros as being anti-semites. They can carry off this hypocritical double standard with breath taking audacity.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Best quote yet from Trump," If California votes were not counted I would have won the popular vote" ??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CNN news source; no doubt from a twitter rant.

Watch out for that red button to be pushed but in which direction I know not!!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brinsley wrote:
Thu 12 Nov 2020 11:04 pm

CNN news source; no doubt from a twitter rant.

No doubt this is what is called ”a modicum of research.”
When was this Trump tweet? I couldn’t find it.

Any luck finding out what Obama did to earn his nomination? There’s only 11 days to research. I can supply the dates if needed.
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Thu 12 Nov 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

deleted

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Why are you obsessed with Obama? What has his Nobel prize got to do with Trump's dreadful and embarrassing behaviour? Or is he allowed to behave like a spoiled brat the likes of which the world has not seen from a US President before simply because he feels unfairly judged by the US voters?

I don't think anyone could honestly regard Trump's demeanor since the 3rd Nov as remotely dignified or becoming of a sitting president.

For the record, I will grant that Obama's nomination was bit quick off the mark but the award consideration process itself took quite an extensive period giving him time to out-shine the other nominees by his achievements in the promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations especially in reaching out to the Muslim world. His nomination was not made by the Nobel committee, his award was.. those who nominated Obama have no sway with the award committee so I can't see any grounds for the sour grapes other than Trump's massive ego and jealousy...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Fri 13 Nov 2020 7:59 am
Why are you obsessed with Obama?
I’m not I just like to see you struggle avoiding answering an impossible question we’ll do Biden’s ludicrous nomination at a different time.
The question was asked to illustrate the difference in treatment between Obama and Trump.
You are still convinced he should have been impeached even though he has been found innocent and the evidence is nonsense.
What does having a Republican senate to do with it? Trump is not popular with the Republican party apparatus because he isn’t an insider there. They would have got rid of him in a heart beat and had Pence as president. There wouldn’t have been a new election if that’s what you are thinking.
Groucho wrote:

What has his Nobel prize got to do with Trump's dreadful and embarrassing behaviour? Or is he allowed to behave like a spoiled brat the likes of which the world has not seen from a US President before simply because he feels unfairly judged by the US voters?

I don't think anyone could honestly regard Trump's demeanor since the 3rd Nov as remotely dignified or becoming of a sitting president.
He doesn’t feel he has been unfairly treated by the US voters does he? He feels he has been unfairly treated by how the votes have been counted. Read something that doesn’t twist the truth as a matter of course.

If there has been anything untoward they certainly picked the wrong person to do it to. Trump was never going to sportingly wave through a fiddle because it might embarrass him to challenge it. He also knows all these tricks like the faux outrage.

There is enough to examine so let’s examine it.
At the very least it has revealed there are windows of opportunity to fiddle the system but The Democrats will never want those windows closed and you have to question why. Like LAbour in the UK they fight tooth and nail against Voter ID.

Groucho wrote:
For the record, I will grant that Obama's nomination was bit quick off the mark but the award consideration process itself took quite an extensive period giving him time to out-shine the other nominees by his achievements in the promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations especially in reaching out to the Muslim world. His nomination was not made by the Nobel committee, his award was. those who nominated Obama have no sway with the award committee so I can't see any grounds for the sour grapes other than Trump's massive ego and jealousy...
Bit quick off the mark? Would it have looked better if they had waited a fortnight? A month?

Ok so he was nominated to give him the chance to do something? Get him on the ticket and he might do something in the mean time? I understand now
Bit like he never got these votes but he is going to do this great stuff and wont get the opportunity if we don’t mix it up a bit? Once he does all the great stuff those people would have regretted not voted for him?
My Grandad died 20 years ago but he always voted Democrat and I know for a fact he would have hated Trump.

I get the mindset now so the question was very useful.

As for the award, you know these awards are every year right? You know he was Presdent for at least 4 more years so there really wasn’t much rush?
As for “his achievements in the promotion of nuclear nonproliferation and a "new climate" in international relations especially in reaching out to the Muslim world.”
Did we get any progress with say North Korea getting them to stop rattling the nuclear sabre?
Israel signing peace treaties with any of their Arab neighbours?
I’m sure he chatted about it, Obama could certainly chat but did we see any end product.
So Obama spoke prettily about things and bad Orange Man did them.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 153 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I am particularly enjoying the haste with which British people want Biden to be officially elected President.
Let's not reassure ourselves that the Dominion Voting Software is fit for purpose. The dead haven't voted. How and why the polls were so wrong, again. The numbers Biden pulled in compared to the complete apathy at his rallies.

Lets get this done as quickly as possible. Nothing to see here. Don't open that draw!!!!

There are 3 questions here with regard to the fiddling of the vote.

Would they do it? Almost certainly. Any attempt to make the process more robust is fought tooth and nail

Can they do it? There certainly seems to be opportunity so that needs addressing so people will have faith in the system.

Did they do it? That's what needs to be examined. Biden doesn't take office for another 9 weeks so we have time. Although time seems a strange concept with regard to the American vote. We have counted 95% of the ballots today but will need 3 days to count the other 5%

The marvelous thing is these will be the same people who continue to not accept the Brexit vote and will delay its result until the end of time if they could.
People didn't know what they were voting for.
It was only advisory.
The bus, the bus!

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 153 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Fri 13 Nov 2020 10:32 am
I am particularly enjoying the haste with which British people want Biden to be officially elected President.
Let's not reassure ourselves that the Dominion Voting Software is fit for purpose. The dead haven't voted. How and why the polls were so wrong, again. The numbers Biden pulled in compared to the complete apathy at his rallies.

Lets get this done as quickly as possible. Nothing to see here. Don't open that draw!!!!

There are 3 questions here with regard to the fiddling of the vote.

Would they do it? Almost certainly. Any attempt to make the process more robust is fought tooth and nail

Can they do it? There certainly seems to be opportunity so that needs addressing so people will have faith in the system.

Did they do it? That's what needs to be examined. Biden doesn't take office for another 9 weeks so we have time. Although time seems a strange concept with regard to the American vote. We have counted 95% of the ballots today but will need 3 days to count the other 5%

The marvelous thing is these will be the same people who continue to not accept the Brexit vote and will delay its result until the end of time if they could.
People didn't know what they were voting for.
It was only advisory.
The bus, the bus!
👍👍👍

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”