Three cheers for Brexit

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Three cheers for Brexit

Post by thornaby »

The arrogance of the Eu knows no bounds, they are trying to tell us what we can keep of our OWN FISH! Walk away Bo Jo and truly time for celebration at the end of this month. Happy Xmas to to all including all the remainers!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Three cheers for Brexit

Post by waddo »

Correct me if I am wrong please. Don't fish swim freely anywhere they like? If that is so how can you claim any fish in the sea to be YOUR OWN FISH?

Boris the numpty was always going to go for a No Deal - he found the idea written on an old fag packet and has stuck with it - lol. Happy Christmas guys and gals - hope the Three Fears for Brexit holds true and everybody is please with the end result. Stay safe out there!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by laptatony »

No the fish just swim around in a circle, I had a goldfish and can assure you they only swim around circles...

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by aripointer »

Not too sure if you are aware most of the UK fishing quotas are owned by European consortiums. I am not too sure where you are based? I can only gather you believed all the lies that were trundeled out by the Tories and their Hedge Fund friends.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Tue 01 Dec 2020 2:27 pm
Correct me if I am wrong please. Don't fish swim freely anywhere they like? If that is so how can you claim any fish in the sea to be YOUR OWN FISH?
Birds fly where they want too so it's all round to yours for some shooting as you don't mind? Air? Pollen? Sunshine? Rainfall? We could go on all day with that argument.

Also as the fish swim freely anywhere they like then why do EU countries need to enter our waters as they can wait until they swim freely into their waters?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Waddo, get real, if fish leave our waters they can be fished by everyone but when in our waters they are uk fish. Happy fishing Christmas!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

Oh, I get it now, it’s not about OUR FISH, it’s about OUR WATERS, right, must have the tides stopped incase our waters sneak across to the EU!

ETS is right, the EU should wait for OUR fish to leave OUR WATERS before they try to catch them and he is welcome to come round to my place to shoot the birds - provided he abides by the law of course and keeps 200 mtrs away from the house whilst doing it! He is also right about air, pollen, sunshine & rainfall a pointless argument that is not an argument anyway, the same as the fish. But feel free to carry on and turn this thread into another political diatribe.

Thornaby knows very well that I am only pulling his chain out of fun - when you come from the North East as we both do, your sense of humour has to be different - lol.

Happy Christmas guys let’s NET fall out over fish.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Waddo, a happy blumming Christmas to you and yours!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brinsley »

To All Brexit Fish Problems

There's only two things that smell of fish; one are fish the others are.................................................................

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

I've got an idea......why don't we have a once in a lifetime vote on in or out of the eu. The result will be honoured by both sides with no sour grapes, bad losers or abuse.

That will settle it..................

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I'm beginning worry about Waz. We have a Brexit thread that's been open for 7 hours and he hasn't jumped on yet. How long should we leave it before contacting the police?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Mowgli597 »

thornaby wrote:
Tue 01 Dec 2020 4:10 pm
Waddo, get real, if fish leave our waters they can be fished by everyone but when in our waters they are uk fish. Happy fishing Christmas!
Does the same apply to people?

If people manage to swim (or boat) into the U.K.’s waters do they become “ours”? (:Q)

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Mowgli597, definitely not, send them straight back, no fancy hotels, no right of appeal and make it clear that any illegal entry will never be considered for asylum in the U.k.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Kanonier »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Tue 01 Dec 2020 10:28 pm
thornaby wrote:

If people manage to swim (or boat) into the U.K.’s waters do they become “ours”? (:Q)

That's a different kettle of fish.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

I personally see and feel no reason to cheer for Brexit. For me personally and to date the real world impact on me has resulted entirely in loss. Significant financial loss. Significant loss of rights. To date I have experienced no upside at all and nor do I see any coming on the horizon as we actually exit the transition period. 4 years of downside and loss and no discernible upside and this is what you want me to give 'three cheers' to ? Sorry but dogma does not pay my bills so I will decline your invitation if that is ok with you ?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Erol each to their own, I see it's a day of regaing our national sovereignty , to put behind us the con of joining just a "Common Market", when the true intentions all along was to create a "Super State of Europe. I certainly don't expect for everyone to be happy at the decision to leave but it is reasonable for them to acept a decision by the majority. And as for those who have done their level best to reverse and ignore that decision I have nothing but dislike.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 8:42 am
Erol each to their own, I see it's a day of regaing our national sovereignty , to put behind us the con of joining just a "Common Market", when the true intentions all along was to create a "Super State of Europe. I certainly don't expect for everyone to be happy at the decision to leave but it is reasonable for them to acept a decision by the majority. And as for those who have done their level best to reverse and ignore that decision I have nothing but dislike.
You did not call for people to accept the decision. You asked for 'three cheers'. What 'regaining our national sovereignty' has meant to me so far in reality and actuality is entirely loss and no gain. Dogma does not pay the bills. I accept the majority decision. I am not required to celebrate it with three cheers and doing so would make no sense to me what so ever.
Last edited by erol on Wed 02 Dec 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

erol wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 8:18 am
I personally see and feel no reason to cheer for Brexit. For me personally and to date the real world impact on me has resulted entirely in loss. Significant financial loss. Significant loss of rights. To date I have experienced no upside at all and nor do I see any coming on the horizon as we actually exit the transition period. 4 years of downside and loss and no discernible upside and this is what you want me to give 'three cheers' to ? Sorry but dogma does not pay my bills so I will decline your invitation if that is ok with you ?
Completely agree with you, Erol. Turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind. Some of the misguided brethren on this forum remind me of Jesus' alleged uttering on the cross - "Forgive them Lord, they know not what they do".

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Good morning Frontsman, if my decisions in life were guided by religion then I know I am a lost cause!

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Geoff1131 »

All i know is that i have felt ' locked into ' a club i did not want to join in the 70's but have had to endure years of what in my opinion is my country going backwards. Now i am optimistic that the future will be bright. The UK has been under pressure many times over the years and the people have mostly found a way to deal with those pressures. I am in no doubt that they will do so again. If in 50 years time it looks like a wrong decision was made to leave, then by all means campaign to go back in again. Hopefully ( definitely ) i will not be around to see that happen.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

A happy start of winter to everyone and enjoy the Beaver moon tonight, nothing to with Brexit but what the heck.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Tue 01 Dec 2020 10:28 pm
thornaby wrote:

Apparently they do!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

thornaby wrote:

to put behind us the con of joining just a "Common Market", when the true intentions all along was to create a "Super State of Europe.
That is what made me want to leave and I think possibly a lot of others. Generally people will vote for the status quo because no one likes to step into the unknown.
The problem with the EU was that we could be pretty sure what we have now isn't what we are going to have in 10 years.
People can say well we can use a veto but will we still have a veto then and will our politicians use it. The German people overwhelmingly didn't want to give up their D'Mark but their politicians overrode their wishes.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

frontalman wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 8:58 am
erol wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 8:18 am
Completely agree with you, Erol. Turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind. Some of the misguided brethren on this forum remind me of Jesus' alleged uttering on the cross - "Forgive them Lord, they know not what they do".

Being called racists was not enough. Now we are sinners :lol: :lol: :lol:

The pfizer vaccine has just been approved by the UK - the first in the world to do so - because of the freedoms granted by Brexit.

So Brexit demonstrably saves the lives of the vulnerable, sick and elderly.

I think some remainiacs heads may explode.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 12:17 pm
thornaby wrote:

to put behind us the con of joining just a "Common Market", when the true intentions all along was to create a "Super State of Europe.
That is what made me want to leave and I think possibly a lot of others. Generally people will vote for the status quo because no one likes to step into the unknown.
The problem with the EU was that we could be pretty sure what we have now isn't what we are going to have in 10 years.
People can say well we can use a veto but will we still have a veto then and will our politicians use it. The German people overwhelmingly didn't want to give up their D'Mark but their politicians overrode their wishes.
I believe that the power of veto is to be removed and replaced by majority voting.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

As a remainder, or whatever other derogatory phrase you care to use to explain the free will of people, I will be quite happy to wait and see how the UK will deal with the new vaccine without having to trial it for myself. I feel sure my head won’t explode nor do I care that you use Brexit as an excuse for the UK Government to be the first to approve it. Although I can find no proof that Brexit is saving the lives of the sick and elderly, I am quite content that my income tax pays for all of UK to have the vaccine, I do hope it works and that if there are any long term side effects from it - like a second nose or third ear - that Brexit will be able to fix that as well. In fact I hope Brexit works for all who voted for it and that the UK can eventually claw its way out of the current situation it is in, however, until it’s population learns to live together and help each other I can not see an end to the Governmental idea that throwing taxpayers money into any type of debatable project is the way to run a country. Hey ho, life is for living so make the best of it you can. Take care out there.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

Duplicate post deleted!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Once again.

To date for me personally the consequences of the vote to leave have been entirely negative with no sign of any personal benefit and no sign this will change any time soon. For me this is just a plain statement of fact from where I am sitting. This is why for me the idea that I should give 'three cheers' to such an outcome is beyond bizarre as far as I am concerned.

I could spend the extra euros my pounds used to buy. I can not spend the proclaimed 'end of EU tyranny'.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 11:54 am
A happy start of winter to everyone and enjoy the Beaver moon tonight, nothing to with Brexit but what the heck.
I bet you've enjoyed a beaver or two in your time, nod nod, wink wink, say no more :-o :-o 8-) :-P :-D

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Nice one Frontalman, looking at weather outside I think it will be a year before I see my next Beaver. Anyway, according to the society of ventriloquism, due to the covid 19 issue they have swamped with new members, ventriloquism has just got a lot easier!

Proudsprey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Proudsprey »

The pfizer vaccine has just been approved by the UK - the first in the world to do so - because of the freedoms granted by Brexit.

So Brexit demonstrably saves the lives of the vulnerable, sick and elderly.

Unfortunately, the MHRA was formed in 2003 which, correct me if I'm wrong, was a little before Brexit. It has always come under the auspices of the UK Department of Health. Up until January 2021 it will and has always worked with the EU (EMA) in sharing information and joint-regulation. After that time it will become a stand-alone body. Meanwhile it has always had the power to authorise medicines for use in the UK without EU permission (CBD Oil being a (horrendous) case in point).

#justsaying

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

I voted for Brexit. All my fault I know. I had hoped that both North & South would have been more accommodating to us now non EU, Brits when visiting and spending money but alas it appears not. I will be hit with the double whammy of the 90/180 day visiting rule if flying into Larnaca to get to the North and the same in the North. This spells the end sadly, of our long several months a year 'swallow' relationship with Cyprus.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jofra »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Wed 02 Dec 2020 12:22 pm
Did Brexit speed up the process?
"Under European law a vaccine must be authorised by the EMA, but individual countries can use an emergency procedure that allows them to distribute a vaccine for temporary use in their domestic market.
Britain is still subject to those EU rules during the post-Brexit transition period which runs until the end of the year.
The UK's own medicines regulator, the MHRA, confirmed this in a statement last month.
And its chief executive, Dr June Raine, said on Wednesday that "we have been able to authorise the supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law, which exist until 1 January"."
....just to clarify....

manyworlds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by manyworlds »

Boris is going to tatoo little union flags onto our fish just to make sure.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Boris is going to tatoo little union flags onto our fish just to make sure.

the same he can do on all automotive (49bn) and aerospace parts (11bn) , and on all financial services (125bn) as well.
(fishery accounts to 0,4bn GBP)

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

Three cheers for what indeed?
I agree with several posts that highlight a very distinct and total absence of any benefit seen in past 4 years or ongoing since BREXIT. What is apparent is. Uncertainty, loss, and a lack of direction. UK business is totally not ready because of lack of direction and information. Its a total disaster.
I see some massive cost increases on just about everything in 2021. Inflation will likely rise possibly 2 points.
However. We are where we are and we must make the best of a bad job. I think that even with a deal the losses will be significant. Fishing is one item we must let go in order to salvage what we can in other sectors.
The loss of European status will hit ex pats and travellers to Cyprus. This is already being reported. Cyprus generally will be a loser in this matter. Travelling to TRNC will become more difficult and expensive ( I have said this many times before). Tourists from the UK will decline as difficulties upon access and freedoms emerge.

Thornaby, I cannot join you in your three cheers. You're clear distain for our European neighbours is misplaced and no reason for celebration.
If you can offer up any benefits that I may have missed then please. I'm all ears.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Yawn.

Project fear has failed at the ballot box every time for the last 4 years.

You lost we're out.

If inflation rises by 2% in the UK it will be a massive success. 3% or 4% would be better but in view of the fact the BOE are exploring negative rates this probably isn't going to happen.

Tourists to Cyprus will see no difference.

Any country that has gained its independence, including Cyprus, will tell you that freedom is something you can't put a price on. The UK will be less inward looking and engage with the whole world rather than a corrupt, failing ponzi scheme.

Three cheers for the UK.

The best country in the world.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Waz, I have no disdain for our European neighbours. I think a common market, the thing we voted for, remember, has many benefits. I did not vote to join an undemocratic eu Superstate. We were conned by lthe lie that it was only a common market. The idea of a political union is plain daft. Most people value their independence and national identity, things that have been totally eroded. Any disdain I do have is for people who have tried to reverse the democratic Brexit vote, thats people in the UK and the Eu elite. There has been little to celebrate in 2020 but at 11pm on 31st of this month UK time I will say again three cheers for Brexit!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 12:52 am
Any country that has gained its independence, including Cyprus, will tell you that freedom is something you can't put a price on.
The idea that voluntary ceding of degrees of nation sovereignty by agreement is a loss of 'independence' comparable to the colonial occupation of your country is to me ridiculous and as a Cypriot, offensive to boot. Cyprus did indeed gain independence from British colonialism (in my fathers life time) and as an independent nation it today chooses to be a member of the EU.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

thornaby wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 5:09 am
Most people value their independence and national identity, things that have been totally eroded.
What is national identity ? If it requires 'measures' to protect it then are you not by definition standing like King Cnut futilely trying to hold back the tide ? I do not think the 40 years we were part of EEC/EU made the British less British ?

National identity exists and always will exist and just like with personal identity it will change and evolve over time whilst always staying distinct and unique in its own ways. I personally think most calls to try and 'protect' national identity are misguided nostalgia for golden ages than never existed in the first place.

As for valuing 'independence' or 'freedom' at the national level sure I value it in terms of freedom from colonial occupation. At the personal level the decision to leave has to date result in no increase in freedom for me personally. There is nothing I can now do or will be able to do from Jan next year that I could not already do. Nothing. There is however real and material things I can not now do as a matter of right that I could do before. So yes I value my independence and freedom and that is why I am not inclined to give three cheers to its erosion and loss in the pursuit of little more than nostalgia and dogma as I see it.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 8:34 am

The idea that voluntary ceding of degrees of nation sovereignty by agreement is a loss of 'independence' comparable to the colonial occupation of your country is to me ridiculous and as a Cypriot, offensive to boot. Cyprus did indeed gain independence from British colonialism (in my fathers life time) and as an independent nation it today chooses to be a member of the EU.
Which part of Cyprus do you think is the most independent, the Greek bit or the Turkish bit?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 12:24 pm
Which part of Cyprus do you think is the most independent, the Greek bit or the Turkish bit?
Is that a serious question ? The amount of control and influence the EU has in and over the RoC, day to day and in fundamental principal, is considerably less than that which Turkey has in and over the TRNC. The people of the RoC choose freely to be part of the EU and they can choose to leave should they wish to. The people of the TRNC did not choose the situation they are in today they just ended up in it and they can not freely choose to end Turkish influence and control over their affairs should they wish such.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Groucho »

erol wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 12:39 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Is that a serious question ? The amount of control and influence the EU has in and over the RoC, day to day and in fundamental principal, is considerably less than that which Turkey has in and over the TRNC. The people of the RoC choose freely to be part of the EU and they can choose to leave should they wish to. The people of the TRNC did not choose the situation they are in today they just ended up in it and they can not freely choose to end Turkish influence and control over their affairs should they wish such.
Turkish Cypriots wouldn't exist today if not for Turkey and her willingness to lay lives on the line, some people are just ungrateful...

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

ROC is in the EU because Greece is in the EU. If Greece joined Bananarama, ROC would ask to join and be admitted too. If Greece chooses to leave the EU so will ROC.
I forget you guys don't do irony.
I just wanted to pick up on how independent Cyprus is compared to the old days of colonial occupation. ROC is a Greek suburb and TRNC is a Turkish suburb. There is no independent Cyprus.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Groucho wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 12:55 pm
erol wrote:
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Turkish Cypriots wouldn't exist today if not for Turkey and her willingness to lay lives on the line, some people are just ungrateful...

As ever your assumptions lead you to erroneous conclusions. There was no discussion about gratitude until you came along Groucho. Nothing I said means I am not grateful to Turkey for her actions in defending the TC community. Being grateful, which I am, does not mean I have to then deny plain basic reality, which is Turkey has a lot more control and influence over the TRNC then the EU does over the RoC.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

Thornaby,
I'm afraid your take on the world of commerce and business is just too out of date. Back in the 1970's the common market was a stepping stone to co operation and trading to mutual benefit. This is now global and the WTO and other trade deals that are continually evolving is a reflection upon how critical trade deals and global trade maintains every countries economy. Your them and us stance is simply a route to divergence, intolerance and general loss , trade, revenue, co operation, respect, friendship.
Brexit is done. Please do stop reminding everyone. The debate on how things will progress is certainly on going as apparently likewise the joining of the common market.
I can only assume that you have finished taking your earnings from the UK and now its all to simple and easy to leave those setting out to make the best of the new found isolationism or so called Brexit independence.

Hedge fund.
Not sure what you're point is. Rather a list of brash unsupported statements.
The UK is the best country in the world....Possibly reasoning for why you upped sticks and have left if for offshore sunshine all be it an unrecognised and isolated enclave. The TRNC and the ROC sovereignty situation is very well highlighted by Erol in above. posts. Cypriots , particularly TC 's have been pushed and manipulated for decades the situation gets no better it is only the Turkish funding of the region that keeps it afloat. You clearly have association and possibly reside in the TRNC a region that is clearly in a state of unknown regarding sovereignty , independence, recognition in general.
I find it rather hypocritical that you render that of little importance against the home land you have possibly deserted but see fit to influence. Given the option I would have denied voting rights to certain groups.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Groucho »

erol wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 1:17 pm
Groucho wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 12:55 pm
erol wrote:

As ever your assumptions lead you to erroneous conclusions. There was no discussion about gratitude until you came along Groucho. Nothing I said means I am not grateful to Turkey for her actions in defending the TC community. Being grateful, which I am, does not mean I have to then deny plain basic reality, which is Turkey has a lot more control and influence over the TRNC then the EU does over the RoC.
As ever your assumptions lead you to erroneous conclusions, namely that I meant you... If you recognise yourself that's for you... there are plenty of other TCs who want Turkey out but have no grasp of what that might mean for them under GC marginalisation.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 1:12 pm
ROC is in the EU because Greece is in the EU. If Greece joined Bananarama, ROC would ask to join and be admitted too. If Greece chooses to leave the EU so will ROC.
I forget you guys don't do irony.
I just wanted to pick up on how independent Cyprus is compared to the old days of colonial occupation. ROC is a Greek suburb and TRNC is a Turkish suburb. There is no independent Cyprus.
It is plainly clear to me that today more decisions about the RoC are made by Cypriots alone or overwhelmingly alone than when under British colonial occupation or that are made today in the TRNC by Cypriots alone or overwhelmingly alone.

Cypriots fought for their independence. Sadly for divisive notions of it but fought none less. They died for it. I find it patronising in the extreme to be told by you that none of them, not GC, not TC , not just Cypriots, have or ever will be independent. That all the struggle and loss was for nothing. Is for nothing. That Cypriots always have been vassals and always will be. It was all pointless.

It feels almost as if 'independence' , the most extreme expression of it, is something that is vital and necessary for the people of the UK and must be achieved and maintained at all cost now and against all possible future risk at pretty much any cost fiscal and human but it is not something the 'wogs' should really expect or aspire too.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Groucho wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 1:28 pm
As ever your assumptions lead you to erroneous conclusions, namely that I meant you... If you recognise yourself that's for you... there are plenty of other TCs who want Turkey out but have no grasp of what that might mean for them under GC marginalisation.
You reply to and quote something I myself say here about the realities of the degree of control by Turkey over TRNC affairs with "Turkish Cypriots wouldn't exist today if not for Turkey and her willingness to lay lives on the line, some people are just ungrateful..."

and then make out that in no way at all sought to imply or suggest that I myself personally might be such a person to some degree or other ?

Get lost Groucho. Such BS is demeaning to both our intelligences and that of any other poor sod who might also be reading this, as far as I am concerned.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Sun 06 Dec 2020 1:45 pm

It feels almost as if 'independence' , the most extreme expression of it, is something that is vital and necessary for the people of the UK and must be achieved and maintained at all cost now and against all possible future risk at pretty much any cost fiscal and human but it is not something the 'wogs' should really expect or aspire too.
Again putting words in my mouth.

Cyprus and Cypriots in all but name are either a province of Greece or Turkey. The fighting and ongoing strife was/is to ensure that people stay a province of the country they feel most aligned to.

Every country should aspire to be independent but for some that is xenophobic or nationalistic. Any thought of patriotism is labelled as such as the left need to undermine and replace family, country and religion with a certain dogma.

As for the EU and the UK I'm sure people would be far more comfortable is there was some clarity and transparency. E.G. the project was always to have a super state and countries to be provinces of that super state. Whilst we have had to do it in a surreptitious way the benefits of it far outweigh the negatives so get on board as it will be best for you.
Obviously the more nationalistic will be against it but you may be able to convince some leavers who are just sick of being lied to. "We aren't looking to become a super state its just this club will need it's own laws, courts, army, flag, national anthem. currency etc etc. But in spite of this we don't intend to become a country and swallow your country into it."

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”