Is Recorded delivery post from uk getting through ok?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Is Recorded delivery post from uk getting through ok?

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

I need to get some letters sent to me from the UK. Has anyone received mail using recorded delivery recently and know how long it might be taking?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Is Recorded delivery post from uk getting through ok?

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Yes. I had 2 items sent separately by International track and signed in October and they arrived between 3 and 4 weeks later at the local post office. Its a good idea to have your phone number on the envelope so the PO can call you when they arrive.

Use the following links to track the item in each country. Only shows it reaching Girne in TRNC and allow a week for it to get to a local PO. You can't send it to a PO box but put the full address with Mersin 10, Turkey, postcode (e.g. 99300 whatever the postcode is for your area)

UK https://www3.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/
Turkey https://gonderitakip.ptt.gov.tr/
TRNC http://gonderitakip.gov.ct.tr

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Track and Trace packages are sent to my PO Box address takes 2_3 weeks.The postmaster calles me when they arrive.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Deniz1 wrote:
Thu 03 Dec 2020 7:00 am
Track and Trace packages are sent to my PO Box address takes 2_3 weeks.The postmaster calles me when they arrive.
Have you had any arrive in 2 weeks recently? I think it's all taking longer at the moment due to lack of transport during Coronavirus. It also states on the RM website that mail can't be sent to PO boxes because they need to be signed for but I guess here it just gets held in the PO until you sign for it.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

I had two parcels, not from the UK, one from Poland and the other from Albania. Both of them got to Istanbul within two days but then seem to sit there for in excess of 25 days before coming here.

I think there must be a huge backlog of post in Istanbul.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Parcel sent by recorded delivery from Scotland to Lapta Post Office which is our c/o address on 31st October. Tracking says delivery was attempted on 24th November but no one home!!! (Uh Post Office???) So in answer IF it had got to us it would have taken about 4/5 weeks. It's a small package containing two classical CDs. Don't know where it is now so will have to investigate.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

sammydavis wrote:
Thu 03 Dec 2020 9:16 am
Parcel sent by recorded delivery from Scotland to Lapta Post Office which is our c/o address on 31st October. Tracking says delivery was attempted on 24th November but no one home!!! (Uh Post Office???) So in answer IF it had got to us it would have taken about 4/5 weeks. It's a small package containing two classical CDs. Don't know where it is now so will have to investigate.
On both of mine, I had the sender put my phone number and the post office rang me to say it was there.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I sent a tracked small parcel.that took 17 days to arrive at Girne Post Office, last Thursday. The recipient advised me to put their phone number on the label and they received a text to go and pick it up.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

I'm still waiting for two tracked items posted in October. Stuck in Istanbul/Mersin from what I can make out. Will check with guys at Karaoglanoglu Post Office tomorrow.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

jayceebee wrote:
Thu 03 Dec 2020 1:02 pm
I'm still waiting for two tracked items posted in October. Stuck in Istanbul/Mersin from what I can make out. Will check with guys at Karaoglanoglu Post Office tomorrow.
My letters seemed to be stuck in Mersin and then someone told me about the tracking website for TRNC http://gonderitakip.gov.ct.tr/
I found they had arrived in Girne then I just kept checking at the local PO until they turned up, about a week later.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

I am waiting for a registered letter from UK which was posted on 6 November. I have looked at the tracking sites for Turkey and TRNC and all it says is send item abroad 10 November. No more information. Ilive in hope.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thank you for the info on TRNC tracking site, I didn't realise there was one. I now at least know that my parcel has arrived in Girne P O. It is after all a long, long way to Lapta!!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”