General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Police immigration Dept

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

I have to give a huge accolade to the Police Officer at the Girne Police Immigration Dept. Visiting this morning the Memsab and I found we had made a bit of a 'sows ear' of our application. The Policeman explained patiently the shortcomings of the application then directed us to someone who could help us and told us to return when the problem had been corrected. Dealt with and completed about half an hour later ...superb ..a pair of oldies really grateful and no longer stressed !!! 😅😅

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Police immigration Dept

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

That's good to hear. They don't always get the best press though I've always found them very helpful

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Yes I'm pretty quick to complain but in this case one can only say 'first rate service' !!

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Was also impressed with the service at Girne immigration dept today. Turned up early for scheduled appointment, was seen immediately (through the window now outside on the right of the building with their office in), and passport handed back within 3 minutes.

Bit of a queue at the lab for the blood test afterwards, but also efficient service after making the online payment (Transferwise card didn’t work, had to pester a friend to assist using his card which did). TB test check on Saturday and then wait.

Much better than initial residency application last year.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

wjms wrote:
Thu 03 Dec 2020 5:13 pm
Was also impressed with the service at Girne immigration dept today. Turned up early for scheduled appointment, was seen immediately (through the window now outside on the right of the building with their office in), and passport handed back within 3 minutes.

Bit of a queue at the lab for the blood test afterwards, but also efficient service after making the online payment (Transferwise card didn’t work, had to pester a friend to assist using his card which did). TB test check on Saturday and then wait.

Much better than initial residency application last year.
For info, your Transferwise card will work for the final residency payment.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

I know lots of people have had problems with paying for health insurance. Paid with Nationwide Visa ...failed the first time ..cleared the history on my I pad and the next time it went through !!! And for those who have problems with the application there is a Driving school about 250 yards down from the Girne Police Station who do the whole on line application and take it the police Immigration Dept for you ...will cost 200 tl but if it really stresses you worth it !!!

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Up the Reds do you mean the driving school do the residency application for you ? Do you know which driving school? There’s 2 or 3 down there. Thanks

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

I doubt very much that you will be able to get someone else to go to police station on your behalf. They will want to see the applicant in person.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Sorry don't know the name of the driving school but it's about 100 yards from the man road.... when we went all the businesses pointed us to the place as we were carrying our paperwork obvious to see. Think the name is 'Eugunes' !!

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Mr Chinnery maybe they go with you ???

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Up the reds.
I Must have read your message 6 wrong. In that it says at the end ‘and take it the police immigration Dept for you’

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Fri 04 Dec 2020 12:22 pm
I doubt very much that you will be able to get someone else to go to police station on your behalf. They will want to see the applicant in person.
You would think but I've been in there before and seen someone drop in a job lot of applications so maybe

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

ETS, 'allegedly' saw it yesterday !!!

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Kedikat2903 sorry I did not answer your question......you would take your paperwork to them and they input it on to the Website so you don't have to do it. They also input the payments as required. Any snags and they deal with it for you. I assume that they go with you to the Police appointment but in the nice young ladies words 'we will go to the police for you' !! In our case we did not complete the application (still in the black dialling telephone age) and the Policeman on duty sent us there to sort it out ...we went back and all finished. The young lady spoke to the Officer while we were in her office so they obviously deal with each other regularly. For 200tl each next year we'll let them do it....just to stop us worrying is worth it!!

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

Update on my payment for health insurance ....Nationwide Visa payment did not go through !! Had to get a friend to pay it on her TRNC Bank card.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Off topic a tad I know, but why do more and more people appear to be having problems with their UK cards these days. Not long ago it was a rarity.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Thanks for the information up the reds and everyone. I know where Ergunes driving school is. They used to do the “old style residency”for people too. Saved you going to Lefkosa. Didn’t realise they could help you with the new system

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”