Is my Huawei dying a painful death

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Is my Huawei dying a painful death

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I passed my 6 year old Huawei over the my husband and he is a bit of a fiddler of icons and causes all sorts of problems which I can usually make right, However this time I can't!! Overnight the screen is black and the writing is white (I know some people find this more resting on the eye) Everything in the gallery is gone into Negative i.e. in reverse. I Googled the question but all questions appeared to be from people who had completely black or white screens and had totally lost all colour. I've been into the phone settings but eventually "got lost". Any help would be appreciated and if necessary will have to buy another for him. What he needs is the simplest available in this country. He really can't cope with anything more !!!

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Is my Huawei dying a painful death

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

is this a tablet? if so try this :
How do I change my text background from black to white?
Open your device's Settings app . Tap Accessibility. Under Display, tap Color inversion. Turn on Use color inversion.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Its a 6 year old mobile phone.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

If he likes a fiddle check out the options below;

Check if the Bedtime switch is turned on by going to Settings > Digital balance > Bedtime. If so, your phone screen will turn black and white at the preset sleep time.
Check if eBook mode has been enabled:
Open Settings, search for and access eBook mode, and disable eBook mode if it has been enabled. (If eBook mode is not found, it indicates that your phone does not support this feature. Please troubleshoot based on other scenarios.)

Check if Color correction has been enabled:
Open Settings and search for and access Color correction. If its switch is turned on, turn it off to resolve the issue.

Check to see if Color inversion has been enabled:
Open Settings and search for and access Color inversion. If its switch is turned on, turn it off to resolve the issue. (If Color inversion is not found, it indicates that your phone does not support this feature. Please troubleshoot based on other scenarios.)

Check if Dark mode or Darken interface colors has been enabled:
Open Settings and search for and access Dark mode. If its switch is turned on, turn it off to resolve the issue. (If Dark mode is not found, it indicates that your phone does not support this feature. Please troubleshoot based on other scenarios.)

Go to Settings > Battery > Darken interface colors. If its switch is turned on, turn it off to resolve the issue. (If Darken interface colors is not found, it indicates that your phone does not support this feature. Please troubleshoot based on other scenarios.)

Ensure that Developer options is enabled, then check if Simulate color space has been enabled:
Open Settings, search for and access Simulate color space, and set it to Disabled or Off.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

I imagine you could do a factory reset.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Try...Settings, Smart Assistance, Accessibility. Come down to Colour Inversion and toggle to off

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

tutor4u wrote:
Fri 04 Dec 2020 2:14 pm
I imagine you could do a factory reset.

...and lose all of the data, contacts and apps on the phone!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

If you do manage to get it sorted Sophie, it might be an idea to look into blocking off settings in some way, so they don't accidentally get mucked about with. I looked at "drawer" on Huawei phone, but it puts almost all your apps in there, so that's no use. There are app locks which you can download, which might do the trick, just block access to settings with a pin or something of that ilk.

As Keith says, factory reset is a last resort, you'd have to start from scratch again which would be a right faff.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

...and lose all of the data, contacts and apps on the phone!
Well backup up your data first !!! Keith ((/))

FROM HUAWEI := Reset Your Phone

If the operating speed of your Phone starts to slow down due to long-term accumulation of caches and residual files, you can reset your Phone to erase these cached files completely and restore your device's factory settings.

Reset network settings: This will restore your Wi-Fi, mobile data network, and Bluetooth settings, including hotspot tethering and Bluetooth pairing information. It won't change other settings on your Phone, or delete any data or files.

Open Settings, go to System > Reset > Reset network settings, touch RESET NETWORK SETTINGS, and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings.

Restore all settings: This will restore your device's initial network settings, fingerprint data, face data, and lock screen passwords. It won't reset settings for Find my Phone or HUAWEI ID, nor will it delete any data or files.

Open Settings, go to System > Reset > Reset all settings, touch Reset all settings, and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings.

Restore factory settings: This will delete all data in your device's memory and storage, including your account settings, system settings, app data, installed apps, music, images, and documents, and restore your Phone to its original factory settings. Back up your data before restoring your device to its factory settings.

Open Settings, go to System > Reset > Reset phone , touch Reset phone, enter the screen unlock password (if any), and follow the onscreen instructions to reset the settings.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I think that the most likely answer is in msg 6 by alphamike - the accessibility settings.

Sophie, if you can't sort it easily, don't fiddle with it any longer, pop around and I'll have a look...

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Hi KC, sent a pm but its still in my Outbox. Id like to take you up on your offer. I suspect that Settings have been disabled!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sorry, busy putting up decs!

Should have a little time Thurs am...

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thankfully a factory reset wasn't necessary. My Night in Shining Armour came to my rescue, thanks (KC). What I really need to get is a Doro mobile, simplest mobile to operate with minimal operation required. Husband proof I gather! :x))

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

So glad that KC sorted it out for you. Can you even get Doro phones here?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Hopefully he won't get curious as to what happens when when you change the language to Croatian.
Factory reset is vraćanje na tvorničke postavke apparently.
Might be an idea to write it down.

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”