General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Flu vaccine update

•   Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

THE AMOUNT OF INCOMING VACCINE IS INSUFFICIENT… President of the Association of Pharmacists. Pharm. Umut Öksüz said that the flu vaccines were brought by private pharmaceutical warehouses, but the sale has not started yet. Stating that the company expected sales price and the relevant permit in Turkey Orphans, he said sales will begin later this week or the week. Umut Öksüz underlined that the amount of vaccines coming to the country is insufficient. Eniz ORAKCIOĞLU Flu vaccines, which health experts insistently recommend to citizens during the coronavirus process, finally came to our country. However, it was announced that the amount of vaccine received was not sufficient for our country. Private drug stores brought into the country by the sale of the flu vaccine has not yet begun, prices of related companies in Turkey and clearance sales were reported as expected. The President of the Cyprus Turkish Pharmacists Association (KTEB) Dr. Pharm. Umut Öksüz gave. Hope Orphan special pharmaceutical depolarizing imposed by the flu vaccine, he said he expected the company to interest rates and sales in Turkey permission for the sale and underlined that our country is not sufficient to bring the amount of vaccine. In the meantime, it is wondering what the latest situation regarding the flu vaccines, which the Ministry of Health announced that it has already ordered. Sale of flu vaccines has not started yet

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/g ... 99816.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Flu vaccine update

•   Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

The pharmacist we tend to use all the time is getting embarrassed by the number of times she has to say "they are not here yet".

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Same here and as we are already into flu season and I have never had one before anyway, not going to bother now!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

The Flu vaccine is worthwhile Also get the Pneumonia injection covers you for 10 years

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

Hubby & I had the Pneumonia injection yesterday at The Etic hospital in Nicosia.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

WE ARE THE GUILD NOT, IT IS THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH”… KTEB President Umut Öksüz stated that nearly 2 thousand flu vaccines came to our country and that this number was insufficient, and noted that there is no vaccine in pharmacies. Öksüz stated that citizens who applied to pharmacies and could not find vaccines accused them, but the main responsibility was the Ministry of Health. Orphans in our country, argued that prohibit the TRNC to Turkey's sold-out due to lack of follow-up system CITIZENS ARE WAITING FOR VACCINE… Citizens, who rushed to pharmacists after the announcement that flu vaccines, which have been a big problem for months, came to a limited number of countries recently, rebelled when they could not find the vaccine. Due to the limited number of vaccines coming to our country and the limited number of vaccines available to pharmacies, many citizens, especially in the risk group, could not access the flu vaccine. Citizens expect the Ministry of Health to take immediate action in this regard. With the pandemic, this year is experiencing a complete fiasco in the "flu vaccine", whose importance has increased considerably compared to the previous years. Unfortunately, the flu vaccine, which experts strongly recommend due to coronavirus, is not available on the market. Flu vaccines, which have been coming for months, have not come to pharmacies these days when we are entering the cold winter months of flu epidemics. With the depletion of a small amount of vaccine that came to our country a while ago, many citizens, especially in the risk group, could not find flu vaccine. The citizens who rebelled against this situation are waiting for the Ministry of Health to take an urgent action regarding flu vaccines. It is not known how the Ministry of Health is working on the flu vaccines that citizens insist on. Despite our persistent requests, it was not possible to reach the Ministry of Health officials, whom we wanted to consult for information on the issue. Turkish Cypriot Pharmacists Association (KTEB) President Umut Öksüz also argued that citizens accused pharmacists for “no vaccine” but the main criminal was the Ministry of Health, and demanded that complaints be made to this authority. Orphans in our country, he argued that prohibit the TRNC to Turkey's sold-out due to lack of follow-up system. Citizens in revolt After the announcement that flu vaccines, which have become a big problem for months, have come to a limited number of countries recently, the citizens rushing to the pharmacists rebelled when they could not find the vaccine. Due to the limited number of vaccines coming to our country and the limited number of vaccines available to pharmacies, many citizens, especially in the risk group, could not access the flu vaccine.

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/saglik/g ... 00326.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Does anyone know anything about this or is it all too late ?
Reported about giving us a Cov 19 vaccine in Cyprus today this week but we can't even buy a flu vaccine... let alone give us one....
C

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

A friend had the flu vaccine last week but the pharmacist said he has only got 25 doses.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

since month, the vaccine battle is in full swing.
i do not believe that there will be sufficient flu vaccine available in NC.
even if more is on the way, the flu season will be over, on top, it takes weeks until the vaccine builds up a response.

same applies for the biontech and moderna vaccines. i do not believe that a single dose will find the way to NC.
so, be prepared to get "something russian or chinese"... and "when" is another question....
especially when NC can manage "well" without it.
( eg, at the moment "guessings" for TR are 50k cases a day and hospitals are full....)

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

It's reported that Turkey has ordered 50 million doses of the Chinese jab on order and looking at ordering the Russian one too
Last edited by Maisiemoo on Sat 05 Dec 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

It's reported that Turkey has 50 million doses of the Chinese jab on order and looking at ordering the Russian one too

afiyet olsun

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Russian one looks a bit iffy to me. Russia says its perfectly fine with few if any side effects, but in the next breath they admit it hasn't had all the trials and test that other vaccines have had. Not keen on it if that's the case.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I wish the 90 yr old lady (91 next week) good wishes and good health in being the first person to receive the Covid vaccine, but I do wish my 85 yr old husband could at least receive his flu jab here. By Jan and Feb next year he will almost certainly be forced to use his aspirator as a result of not receiving one.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Mine arrived in Girne today from my friendly chemist neighbour for me to self-administrate, 95Tl.
Does anyone know whether I vein it or muscle the needle?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

MUSCLE. Must admit I found injecting into my own arm somewhat difficult.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Thanks Sophie, no air though but a few stiff ones for 'Dutch courage'!!!!

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Brinsley wrote:
Fri 11 Dec 2020 6:37 pm
Mine arrived in Girne today from my friendly chemist neighbour for me to self-administrate, 95Tl.
Does anyone know whether I vein it or muscle the needle?
I think you may need to find a half decent pharmacist.... ours is brilliant and no way would you be expected to do it yourself.... or was that a bit tongue in cheek?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Hi mrsgee, injecting into my own stomach and thigh muscle was a doddle, just can't get the right angle for top of arm. Our pharmacist who I have always reckoned in the past, as of yesterday still not received a supply of flu vaccine.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Sat 05 Dec 2020 2:34 pm
It's reported that Turkey has ordered 50 million doses of the Chinese jab on order and looking at ordering the Russian one too
Can't speak for the Russian one but I won't be touching the Chinese one with a ten foot pole. As well as being the home of a lot of snide gear which makes me dubious I feel it would be like buying a fire extinguisher off the person who threw a petrol bomb through your window.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

ETS, I think this thread is about FLU jabs not COVID jabs - of course I could be wrong and Turkey has ordered 50 million doses of FLU jabs instead!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Sat 12 Dec 2020 4:55 pm
ETS, I think this thread is about FLU jabs not COVID jabs - of course I could be wrong and Turkey has ordered 50 million doses of FLU jabs instead!
Fair point but same principle applies for me. If I fancied catching flu then China is my first port of call but.....

SunnyParkers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Post by SunnyParkers »

Sophie, we managed to get our flu vaccination done in LEFKOSA today and pharmacist said he thought most pharmacies should have it available from today

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks SunnyParker, then we should receive a phone call any time now, as she takes them in rotation to avoid a rush!!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”