Revolut withdraw TL from ATM

All to do with money - Banks, Insurance, Savings, Exchange Rates...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

zcacmxi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Revolut withdraw TL from ATM

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by zcacmxi »

Hi all,

I withdrew 750TL from a Ziraat Bank cash machine using Revolut last week. £70.70 was charged to the Revolut in GBP.

The ATM did the conversion at a rate of 11.03 for the conversion, then added a 4% transaction fee.

Are there any machines that will charge the Revolut in TL and allow Revolut do the conversion?
And/Or failing that, are there any machines that don't charge 4% fee for withdrawing cash from ATM using Revolut?

Thanks

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Revolut withdraw TL from ATM

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Not Revolut but I have withdrawn TL from Iktisatbank using my Transferwise card with no charge. I had previously exchanged GBP for TL before withdrawing.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

zcacmxi wrote:
Fri 06 Nov 2020 2:36 pm
Hi all,

I withdrew 750TL from a Ziraat Bank cash machine using Revolut last week. £70.70 was charged to the Revolut in GBP.

The ATM did the conversion at a rate of 11.03 for the conversion, then added a 4% transaction fee.

Are there any machines that will charge the Revolut in TL and allow Revolut do the conversion?
And/Or failing that, are there any machines that don't charge 4% fee for withdrawing cash from ATM using Revolut?

Thanks
I think that you probably clicked the button that asked you if you wanted to use 'Dynamic Currency Conversion' (or some similar-sounding gibberish ;) ) - the correct answer is NO!

I made the same mistake the first time that I used a Ziraat ATM - partly because the screen was faded, the sun was bright, and I seem to have a tendency to randomly press buttons...

There was a discussion about it here if you want to read it, so I won't repeat it all again, but suffice to say that if you read what's on the ATM screen, and make the right moves, you can withdraw TL from Ziraat ATM's without being surcharged!

As JoeandJelly mentioned, Iktisat Bank ATM's are a good choice for free TL cash withdrawals using a Revolut card, - they're straightforward to use, and don't ask any complicated questions ;)

zcacmxi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by zcacmxi »

Thank you for your helpful replies..
I will try Iktisat or Turkbank next time to withdraw TL directly.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Last time I used Ziraat, I noticed that on screen was different, but I didn't get charged for taking out TL with Revolut card. I keep meaning to check again, but have heard that the ATM at Tatlisu has eaten some cards, and I am not willing to risk it. Next time I am anywhere with a branch and ATM will give it a try.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I finally got round to using Ziraat Bank ATM (attached to physical bank) in Iskele today with Revolut card. They seem to have changed the format of the machine, as this time no message came up about any conversion, was a straightforward draw TL out. No charge made by Ziraat and the whole transaction was done in TL. I had already loaded up my Revolut account with TL.

I tried three different banks with Cardplus ATM's using Revolut card whilst I was in Iskele, not one of them, despite saying they took all cards, let me get any money, although it looked initially like all was fine. I've had this happen before, and actually can't remember if I every have managed to get money from a Cardplus ATM. Has anyone else had this?

Return to “FINANCE - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”