Larnaca and TRNC passport stamps

Topics placed in this category cannot be seen in Active Topics.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Larnaca and TRNC passport stamps

•   Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 10:32 pm
I need say little more but playing "dumb" is not a prudent move or excuse.
Proof (personal experience) that is does work, please.
Proof (personal experience) that it does NOT work, please.
Otherwise, say NO more.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

jofra wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 10:47 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Proof (personal experience) that is does work, please.
Proof (personal experience) that it does NOT work, please.
Otherwise, say NO more.
This is not a matter of experience. It is simply what ROC immigration have decided.
The ROC is issuing 90 day visas to UK citizens and other foreigners. Its quite standard.

Playing dump in this and any legal matter is not a ticket to reprieve. Overstay your visa and face the music. It's what we do in the UK now too.

I cannot see how playing dumb will somehow change that position.
If you have another line of fact then do please enlighten all.

Certainly from experience . My free and unrestricted visa free visits via ROC and Larnaca past 12 years are clearly less likely.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Waz, have you been able to come to the TRNC for more than 90 days for the past few years? The only way you could do that was if you have a residency permit in the North. So going on about 'your ability ' to come and go through Larnaca is a no go. You arrive at Larnaca, you get a 90 day visa. You cross to the North and you also get a 90 day visa unless you are a resident . And if you are a resident and have any sense at all you would be flying out from Ercan, so i really dont see the merit in your posts.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

waz-24-7 wrote:
PoshinDevon wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 5:38 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 5:06 pm
At the moment all of the stories seem to be of individuals at Passport Control venting their spleen. You just ignore them as there is no point in arguing with them as you will never change their mind. People who are ranting and raving just hate people smiling at them. So smile be polite and ask 'are we done'?
Exactly.

Whilst it may feel uncomfortable, I would be more than happy to smile, play dumb and say little or nothing. Those ranting are looking and hoping for a reaction. That to them shows they are getting their message across. Plus if you do react and start to argue they will then say you are abusing an immigration official.
The fact is that the ROC immigration and border control have every and legal right to challenge. UK citizens have 90 days visa on the basis of proper application and award. The views of ROC upon TRNC is often made very clear and that's a shame but a fact that should be understood and considered when in Cyprus.
It is apparent that stays within the North are counted within the "Cyprus" 90 days visa. Overstaying your visa will introduce possible penalties , fines or worse.
Access to the TRNC via the ROC ….the writing is on the wall.

Whether you are given a 30, 60 or 90 day visa matters not if you are a tourist. If you are living here then by now you should know the risks of entering via the ROC and overstaying. Many of the problems at the moment being discussed are of Border Staff being rude to travellers and telling them that they live inan illegal country and so on. That is about Greeks wanting to have their say. They have no right at all to berate individuals aout their choice of where to live but of course as I said before there is no point in arguing with them.

So playing dumb in this instance means not rising to the rants of staff who are trying to bully and intimidate. I am not referring to actual rules of the ROC and have not implied that anyone should ignore those rules. I am merely trying to reassure the op that there really is no problem and travel will be fine even if you have to put up for a very short while with the ignorance of an opinionated individual. Lets face it we can all do that and often have to.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

waz-24-7 wrote:
PoshinDevon wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 5:38 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 05 Aug 2021 5:06 pm
At the moment all of the stories seem to be of individuals at Passport Control venting their spleen. You just ignore them as there is no point in arguing with them as you will never change their mind. People who are ranting and raving just hate people smiling at them. So smile be polite and ask 'are we done'?
Exactly.

Whilst it may feel uncomfortable, I would be more than happy to smile, play dumb and say little or nothing. Those ranting are looking and hoping for a reaction. That to them shows they are getting their message across. Plus if you do react and start to argue they will then say you are abusing an immigration official.
The fact is that the ROC immigration and border control have every and legal right to challenge. UK citizens have 90 days visa on the basis of proper application and award. The views of ROC upon TRNC is often made very clear and that's a shame but a fact that should be understood and considered when in Cyprus.
It is apparent that stays within the North are counted within the "Cyprus" 90 days visa. Overstaying your visa will introduce possible penalties , fines or worse.
Access to the TRNC via the ROC ….the writing is on the wall.

Not sure you have been keeping up! Plus I do think you are leaning towards the U.K. not being in the EU and the 90 day visa rule. That is a given.

The 90 day stay is not the major issue here. The reported problems in the main are that the ROC immigration official is picking up that your passport may contain a stamp showing entry at Ercan or contain TRNC residency stamps/paperwork. When the official sees this they may be inclined to cause difficulties and give a lecture about entering via an illegal port or living in an illegal state/stolen property etc.

What isn’t clear is wether the ROC immigration official is giving this lecture to all citizens from any country wether they be U.K., EU or whatever or are they just giving the lecture to U.K. citizens. For consistency the official should be lecturing anyone from any country who has an Ercan stamp or residency stamps in their passport.

It’s not about being dumb, it’s about letting the official feel they have had their moment of fame. If they wish to lecture me about entering via Ercan, living in an illegal state, or in their opinion on stolen land or in stolen property I am happy to stand, smile and let them. Arguing or reacting just adds fuel to their fire.

There have been reports of people travelling out of Larnaca being lectured because they have Ercan airport or residency stamps in their passport. Let’s try not to turn this very interesting discussion into another Brexit thread.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

If lectured at RoC airport immigration about entering an illegal state, just ask them how many GC's per day enter the "illegal state" to get petrol and shopping, and whether their petrol tank is full.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Soner wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 6:47 am
If lectured at RoC airport immigration about entering an illegal state, just ask them how many GC's per day enter the "illegal state" to get petrol and shopping, and whether their petrol tank is full.
Good point Soner, but probably best to follow ChrisWright's advice (in msg 2) and "just ignore them as there is no point in arguing with them as you will never change their mind. People who are ranting and raving just hate people smiling at them. So smile be polite and ask 'are we done'?" ... I like that advice.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Certainly there are many ROC officials that take exception to any support of the TRNC. There are many that are more enlightened with a live and let live attitude. I have seen a diminishing number of hostile comments past years and I hope some sort of amicable settlement of the "Cyprus problem " will eventually emerge.
However,
My view is that as a non European. I am now on the battlefield without my hard hat or flack jacket. Why? Because I have no right of entry or right to stay, work or use past privileges whilst in the ROC.
I do not have residency in the North but, from time to time, I have manipulated my TRNC visa by periodic visits outside of the area in order to refresh my permissions.
The all NEW ROC 90 days visa system makes it more difficult for access to the North. Travel via Turkey is more restrictive and makes visits rather more difficult and expensive.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 4:50 am
Waz, have you been able to come to the TRNC for more than 90 days for the past few years? The only way you could do that was if you have a residency permit in the North. So going on about 'your ability ' to come and go through Larnaca is a no go. You arrive at Larnaca, you get a 90 day visa. You cross to the North and you also get a 90 day visa unless you are a resident . And if you are a resident and have any sense at all you would be flying out from Ercan, so i really dont see the merit in your posts.

I have visited and I have had a need to manipulate my TRNC visa by exiting the area in order to refresh privileges.
I am not able to come and go via Larnaca given the restriction upon the NEW ROC visa system.
If I now leave via Ercan then the ROC can and are likely to take the view that I am still in the ROC. The risk there is clear...penalties or at least hostility because of Visa infringements.

The point and merit in my post is that access to the TRNC is now more difficult and restrictive leading to price rises based on a monopoly of access.

This is no good or positive outcome that frankly has been clear to me past 5 years. I'm afraid that there is no other way to look at this. Access to the TRNC via the ROC for UK citizens is under threat and could well stop altogether.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:00 pm
My view is that as a non European.
Are you identifying as an Asian or African nowadays?

It’s your truth I guess.

By your logic anyone who lives in the TRNC and isn’t a member of the BRS either doesn’t live in the TRNC or isn’t British or both?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:18 pm

Access to the TRNC via the ROC for UK citizens is under threat and could well stop altogether.
Well as the EU gave every encouragement to the ROC to not compromise as they will get everything promised anyway then I will happily spend my money at Ercan and Istanbul. Problem solved.
Personally I’d think in these troubled times every penny would be important to the ROC but I guess if Greece and the EU keep pumping money in they’ll be ok.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:37 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 3:18 pm

Access to the TRNC via the ROC for UK citizens is under threat and could well stop altogether.
Well as the EU gave every encouragement to the ROC to not compromise as they will get everything promised anyway then I will happily spend my money at Ercan and Istanbul. Problem solved.
Personally I’d think in these troubled times every penny would be important to the ROC but I guess if Greece and the EU keep pumping money in they’ll be ok.
Pleased that you appear to have solved "your problem" The loss of privilege is not so easily solved from my viewpoint.

Brussels were blamed for everything that was wrong with UK membership when we were in. Now we are out everything else that's wrong is now the fault of Brussels. Could you halt your EU bashing...its done.

I doubt for a moment the ROC will stop UK holiday makers visiting the Island. The unique situation with UK citizens going North is and always has been the issue of risk. Risk of hassle , harassment and now rights of entry, passage, work and Visas. I see a vastly weakened position following the divorce.
As I have said. the vote has awarded the ROC with a new weapon of force against UK citizens supporting the TRNC. Did you really think it would be business as usual. Such a shame for UK travellers and for TRNC.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 4:59 pm
As I have said. the vote has awarded the ROC with a new weapon of force against UK citizens supporting the TRNC. Did you really think it would be business as usual. Such a shame for UK travellers and for TRNC.
Maybe I'm too much of an optimist Waz-24-7, but with so many EU citizens (including GCs) living in the UK, I can't see the GCs making life too difficult for thousands of British citizens living in the north ... we'll see.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

iancrumpy wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 5:51 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Maybe I'm too much of an optimist Waz-24-7, but with so many EU citizens (including GCs) living in the UK, I can't see the GCs making life too difficult for thousands of British citizens living in the north ... we'll see.
I hope you're right.
The rather unique situation on Cyprus has always made for a special consideration.
The delicate equilibrium ….Peace prevails, makes the situation one of little international attention.
Greek and indeed Turkish Cypriots residing in the UK secured UK status after British colonised the island and subsequently made a mess of being a guarantor power
I'm afraid the ROC holds all the cards right now. Upon the EU citizens living in the UK. Yes. However , we have most clearly now made them no longer welcome!!

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

the restrictions of movement for EU citizens and the "90 in 180 day rule" was the idea of the UK.
it was a brexit promise.
the idea of the EU was that the UK remain in the EU or, later, a soft brexit with much less restrictions.

the EU and UK agreed that the visa rules suggested from the UK will apply for UK citizens in the EU as well.
its a deal, a contract, valid both for EU and UK.

you seem to forget that these new "brexit related visa rules" are valid for GCs (and for TCs with RoC passport) travelling to the UK as well.
Families, family members, guests, tourists.....

you can make a bet that the RoC will follow EU laws, brexit contracts and UN resolutions and will not care about UK expats living in TRNC.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

A comparison - 1950s/60s/70s southern states USA, general antipathy(!) to and treatment of black people by white - AND treatment of white civil rights supporters by white southerners...
Prior to the intervention, general antipathy to and treatment of Turkish Cypriots by Greek Cypriots - an opportunity now (for at least individual GC "officials") to harass and inconvenience TC "supporters" now these are not EU citizens? They won't be concerned whether their fellow countrymen are in the UK; they know nothing will happen - or don't care.
All around the world, it appears that those with biases and prejudices will take every opportunity to victimise whoever is or has become more vulnerable in some way or other...

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

jofra wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 8:36 pm
A comparison - 1950s/60s/70s southern states USA, general antipathy(!) to and treatment of black people by white - AND treatment of white civil rights supporters by white southerners...
Prior to the intervention, general antipathy to and treatment of Turkish Cypriots by Greek Cypriots - an opportunity now (for at least individual GC "officials") to harass and inconvenience TC "supporters" now these are not EU citizens? They won't be concerned whether their fellow countrymen are in the UK; they know nothing will happen - or don't care.
All around the world, it appears that those with biases and prejudices will take every opportunity to victimise whoever is or has become more vulnerable in some way or other...
Yes indeed,
I think the said "Bias and prejudices" started at home as so many Brexiteers voted to halt European freedom of movement. Now we have shortages of lorry drivers, fruit farm labour and various skills.

Certainly those brexteers in the TRNC, in my opinion, joined that throng without contemplating the backlash upon their own freedom of movement that they enjoyed in Cyprus generally.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 9:08 pm
Yes indeed...
NO indeed; not a (imagined) statement for OR against "Brexit" - you may choose to forget that (was it?) Israeli and Ukranian ((?) visitors were subjected to harassment when they attempted to travel to the north via the south...
The vulnerability is the deciding factor; NOT the CAUSE of the vulnerability.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

jofra wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 10:32 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Fri 06 Aug 2021 9:08 pm
Yes indeed...
NO indeed; not a (imagined) statement for OR against "Brexit" - you may choose to forget that (was it?) Israeli and Ukranian ((?) visitors were subjected to harassment when they attempted to travel to the north via the south...
The vulnerability is the deciding factor; NOT the CAUSE of the vulnerability.
The world is well populated with vulnerable and less fortunate.. Capitalised upon by many via slavery, trafficking , persecution and inequality. What still amazes me is how the NEW vulnerability, particularly in Cyprus, was by enlarge supported by the ex pat community in the TRNC or at least on this forum.
Why is that?
Certainly , other European ex pat communities appear to have taken a more sensible and pragmatic position. Remaining European provided so much freedom and advantage. Freedoms to reside, work, travel and live in harmony. The ex pat Cypriot community failed to register the backlash now coming to light. Possibly ,many took the view that the TRNC is not really in the EU and Turkey and the UK Government would put it all to rights.
I'm afraid the matter is rather insignificant in the scheme of things.
Petitions to the UK government over direct flights are now frankly a waste of time and effort. It is the EU that will decide. the UK and the ex pat community can only follow the laws and rules laid down by the ROC and the EU. If in time there is reunification under the EU then a whole new can of worms will emerge. Time then to vote for a NEW European Union ,I think.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yet again another thread turned into an endless discussion about Brexit. Just as a reminder as to my mind it is clearly required this is what the OP asked.

"Hi, not been to Cyprus since lockdown now at last hope to come in September, waited until today to book flights as thought Turkey may come of red list
As this did not happen have no alternative but to come south and crossover, however read a few stories about trouble at Larnaca regarding TRNC stamps in pass port and the 2 of us have many, should I chance it or see if I can get replacement passport in time .

Any experiences/ advice appreciated."

It is about problems because people have TRNC stamps in their passport. It is not the fact that we are in or out of the EU. For pities sake can some one put another record on?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:

Pleased that you appear to have solved "your problem" The loss of privilege is not so easily solved from my viewpoint.
It's an easy cure, fly to Istanbul and then onto Ercan.
waz-24-7 wrote:

Brussels were blamed for everything that was wrong with UK membership when we were in. Now we are out everything else that's wrong is now the fault of Brussels. Could you halt your EU bashing...its done.
UK membership is so 2016 but the EU totally screwing up any chance of a Cyprus solution is very current.
waz-24-7 wrote:

Such a shame for UK travellers and for TRNC.
Us Europeans will cope.

So what are you self identifying as now, you didn't say, African, Asian, Induit? Whatever your decision I'll support you, it's your truth

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I feel I'm becoming smaller and smaller by the day (hence the name) Soon I'll become like many locals who seem to live in a tiny triangle i.e. Lefkosia, Girne, Lapta (can't speak for Gazza end but assume its much the same) Their knowledge of the TRNC and the world is so tiny and rely on information handed out in the many four page daily "newspapers". I'm also conscious of the fact that visits back to the UK and family visiting us will start to dry up, purely down to money and the cost of flights that the few remaining airlines will charge. Many year ago I visited Gibraltar at the time when they, the UK and Spain were at loggerheads. We stood out in searing heat and were all made to turn our suitcases inside out by the Spanish, going both ways. I loved our stay in Gibraltar but was conscious of how tiny and suffocating it was, well that's how I'm beginning to feel now. Is it just me?

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 7:57 am
waz-24-7 wrote:

It's an easy cure, fly to Istanbul and then onto Ercan.
waz-24-7 wrote:

UK membership is so 2016 but the EU totally screwing up any chance of a Cyprus solution is very current.
waz-24-7 wrote:

Such a shame for UK travellers and for TRNC.
Us Europeans will cope.

So what are you self identifying as now, you didn't say, African, Asian, Induit? Whatever your decision I'll support you, it's your truth
Glad to hear you will cope.
Perhaps I'm rather more ambitious as I would like to improve and prosper. The NEW EU alien status I have been awarded is not helping. Access to TRNC for UK holiday makers is not about coping. Many will stay in UK or go to other holiday destinations. Thanks for that.

Coping with Cyprus issues is likely more critical to you as I'm guessing you live there. You ,of course, must now hope that the EU resolves the Cyprus/ROC/TRNC issue while you listen at the door as we are no longer at the table.

I'm a proud Welshman, part of the United Kingdom but recently ejected from the European Union.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 8:30 am
I feel I'm becoming smaller and smaller by the day (hence the name) Soon I'll become like many locals who seem to live in a tiny triangle i.e. Lefkosia, Girne, Lapta (can't speak for Gazza end but assume its much the same) Their knowledge of the TRNC and the world is so tiny and rely on information handed out in the many four page daily "newspapers". I'm also conscious of the fact that visits back to the UK and family visiting us will start to dry up, purely down to money and the cost of flights that the few remaining airlines will charge. Many year ago I visited Gibraltar at the time when they, the UK and Spain were at loggerheads. We stood out in searing heat and were all made to turn our suitcases inside out by the Spanish, going both ways. I loved our stay in Gibraltar but was conscious of how tiny and suffocating it was, well that's how I'm beginning to feel now. Is it just me?
Yes,
I agree.
I've not been able to visit past 18 months for obvious reasons.
Started looking at visiting options and I too feel rather more restricted upon choice and freedoms.
I too experienced the Gibraltar difficulties some years back. Strange but right choice that almost all Gibraltar want to remain part of the EU.
Just makes perfect sense when crossing the border.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 7:02 am
Yet again another thread turned into an endless discussion about Brexit. Just as a reminder as to my mind it is clearly required this is what the OP asked.

"Hi, not been to Cyprus since lockdown now at last hope to come in September, waited until today to book flights as thought Turkey may come of red list
As this did not happen have no alternative but to come south and crossover, however read a few stories about trouble at Larnaca regarding TRNC stamps in pass port and the 2 of us have many, should I chance it or see if I can get replacement passport in time .

Any experiences/ advice appreciated."

It is about problems because people have TRNC stamps in their passport. It is not the fact that we are in or out of the EU. For pities sake can some one put another record on?
The post is distinctly linked to the your rights to enter the ROC. This is indeed a Brexit result like it or not. You must have a visa to enter the ROC. Your entry is recorded and you (post Brexit) have a limited permission to stay.
When you cross to the North the visa clock is still ticking.
If you leave via Ercan then you are essentially still on a visa as TRNC records are not logged in the South. You therefore will have exceeded your visa permission. The threat of penalties and fines is very clear
Come in via ROC you MUST leave via ROC to register both entry and exit on your visa.

The other issue reported is animosity against UK travellers using ROC as a transit to the TRNC. Your weakened rights within the EU is providing some border officers with a new weapon of harassment.

Currently. I too am reviewing the position but its looking, for me, that Larnaca is less favourable. Time will tell, particularly after pandemic, how the ROC deal with UK citizen visa awards to TRNC supporters.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I disagree obviously. It is about the threats due to having trnc stamped in your passport. Whatever happens come September in respect of entry or exit has nothing whatever to do with threats made by over zealous border staff nor Brexit. People have a choice whether to fly into here or the ROC. They do not have a choice of which border guard they happen across.

Speaking of choices I am sick and tired of reading your constant drum banging about Brexit at every opportunity. Don't bother replying as I have chosen to block you and your anthem.

Mods feel free to delete my post if you wish but I am certain I am not the only member who is fed up of every possible thread being changed by Waz to knock the decision made by the voting public in the UK.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 11:47 am
I disagree obviously. It is about the threats due to having trnc stamped in your passport. Whatever happens come September in respect of entry or exit has nothing whatever to do with threats made by over zealous border staff nor Brexit. People have a choice whether to fly into here or the ROC. They do not have a choice of which border guard they happen across.

Speaking of choices I am sick and tired of reading your constant drum banging about Brexit at every opportunity. Don't bother replying as I have chosen to block you and your anthem.

Mods feel free to delete my post if you wish but I am certain I am not the only member who is fed up of every possible thread being changed by Waz to knock the decision made by the voting public in the UK.
Totally with you all the way Chris Wright.... I scroll past all of the posts where waz introduces his truth (twaddle) and turns everything into a political debate about Brexit. He truly needs to get a life and move on, everyone else is.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 2:08 pm
I don't really respond to these empty posts.
As you wrote, it was indeed an "empty" post.

Keep posting Waz-24-7 ... there's many of us that do appreciate reading what you have to say.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

waz-24-7 wrote:
mrsgee wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 1:57 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:

Totally with you all the way Chris Wright.... I scroll past all of the posts where waz introduces his truth (twaddle) and turns everything into a political debate about Brexit. He truly needs to get a life and move on, everyone else is.
Please then stop reading my posts and go away!!
moderator please delete this post once mrs gee has
Errrmmmm once mrs gee has what exactly....? I don't need to go away I have already said I scroll past your posts .... no big deal mate.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

who were lied too by misinformation, disinformation by a megalomaniac nutter wanting only to achieve power for his own gratification, not for the good of the people. Look at N.I. a distant relative of the UK.

Those British ex-pats living in EU countries that had the vote and voted 'Brexit' (millions did) have only themselves to blame for all current complicated travel restrictions due to their nationalistic socialistic convictions that Britannia would once again rule the world with an expanded empire incorporating everything with a buffoon image on all currencies!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

who were lied too by misinformation, disinformation by a megalomaniac nutter wanting only to achieve power for his own gratification, not for the good of the people. Look at N.I. now a distant relative of the UK.

Those British ex-pats living in EU countries that had the vote and voted 'Brexit' (millions did) have only themselves to blame for all current complicated travel restrictions due to their nationalistic socialistic convictions that Britannia would once again rule the world with an expanded empire incorporating everything with a buffoon image on all currencies!

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

mrsgee wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 3:56 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
mrsgee wrote:
Sat 07 Aug 2021 1:57 pm

Please then stop reading my posts and go away!!
moderator please delete this post once mrs gee has
Errrmmmm once mrs gee has what exactly....? I don't need to go away I have already said I scroll past your posts .... no big deal mate.
Thank you.
I am more than happy for structured useful debate that may provide forum members with different viewpoints.
You will need to up your game if you want me to read your posts...mate

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Lechyd da..

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

This is not a topic about Brexit.

There is genuine concern and a desire for information about the experiences of people arriving/departing Cyprus via Larnaca/Paphos. The main concerns are around having Ercan arrival stamps in a passport or having TRNC residency stamps/paperwork in a passport.

It seems that some ROC immigration officers having examined passports and seen the above have then proceeded to lecture the passport holder. How often this is happening and who is being targeted for these lectures is of a concern to many.

They do not want a further lecture about Brexit.

Should anyone wish to discuss Brexit please search for the topic and post there. Any further references to Brexit however subtle will be deleted.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Chriswright03 wrote:

Quite Chris , I did not wish to start such a fierce debate, TRNC stamps in your passport were a problem before Brexit , most of the posts (not replies) are no help, however I thank those that have endeavoured to answer and share their experiences.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

All posts referencing Brexit have been deleted.

This topic is not about Brexit. If you wish to refer to Brexit and debate how it is affecting travel in and out of the ROC please start a new topic or post in a Brexit topic

This topic is about travel via Larnaca and the issues affecting those who may have TRNC stamps in their passport. For example entry stamps showing arrival via Ercan or residency stamps.

There is genuine concern about this so please do not confuse things by rambling on about Brexit.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Just seen a post on facebook about a EU citizen who was trying to get back to the Middle East. Apparently he was refused boarding his flight because the ROC officials decided that the PCR test result he had for the TRNC was not valid and so he was in the country illegally even though he was allowed to cross the border!!! So it seems the ROC are not just targeting non EU people , they are going after EU citizens as well.

Return to “KEYBOARD WARS & OFF TOPIC THREADS”