Marriage process in TRNC

Planning a wedding in the TRNC? Get all the information you need from Kibkom members.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mika
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Marriage process in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mika »

Hi all,

I just learned that a co habbiting declaration might not be sufficent from a local notary anymore for the residency application.
Instead it would make sense to marry here on the isle to avoid any problems with the residency application.

We are a couple, already 7 full years together and just relocated to TRNC last year in November.

Who could provide us information or even contacts regarding the marriage process?
We would like to know how quickly we could get married, the process itself and if this will be sufficient for the residency application.

Both my girlfriend and I are foreigners (Austrian, German). We bought a house here in Lapta and love the country/culture/people.

Since we learned that our notary partnership declaration (from a TRNC lawyer) might not be sufficient we are very much concerned about our future in TRNC. It would be great if you could support us and provide us information regarding the process and necessary documents.

Thank you all,

best regards,
Michael

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Marriage process in TRNC

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I keep posting this: https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/ and strongly recommend you join them if you have not done so already.

A great bunch of people a lot of whom will speak your native language as well which is a help. None intrusive in your life but always open and willing to help.

If you can’t find the answer to your question on their website then I understand they also have Facebook as well - sorry, I don’t use Facebook so can’t help with that element, give it a shot.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Message Teresa Cefa on Facebook, she is a wedding planner so completely in the know of the process which is different depending on your nationality it seems!

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

I would follow wades advice they are a very helpful group of people

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

Story waddo typo error

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

It is really simple, and a matter of providing a certain documents, then a wait of 2 weeks, followed the presentation of the certificate.

Drive Past the main (Govt) hospital in Kyrenia (towards Karakum coming from town) and you'll see a govt building on the left with a car park. Go to the first building on the left as you pull in, and the 3rd or 4th floor. 2 lovely women who will inform you of what needs to be done, provide them with the documents, and once permission is granted they will call you. All very easy

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

We found it hard to get married here, rules are different depending on nationality. My husband has a kimlik at the time I just had my UK passport, we went to Antalya in the end. We tried all routes here even went to the Interior Minister who was the school chum of my boss. Antalya was very simple. Feel free to pm me if you want any advice.

Return to “WEDDINGS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”