PV systems and KIBTEK

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

PV systems and KIBTEK

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

See the attachment…
We always said (see all the posts about it…) that this might happen and potential customers should give it some time.
It is not 100% correct by the writer to blame KIBTEK only, also the “renewable energy committee” from the energy ministery is responsible for some delays, as eg, changing regulations (they also realized that they cannot “permit everything”), change of import regulations and so on…
Kibtek also announced to us (the installers) many times that they have to sort some things, eg setting up a “control team” and get an sufficient amount of new net meters to the island...
In many posts we offered our services and “adviced” to choose a company who tells the truth.
We did not tell the customer that “everything is not a problem” and “all is legal” and “you will a new net- meter soon ”… to get a quick downpayment , install hastily and get all the money…
On top, old regulations and laws remain, of course: This readers letter writer actually acts illegal.
The connection and feed to the grid is only permitted when you get a YEK certification, the formal permission to feed the grid.
AFTER that, you get a new net-meter, you can start your system and you will be accounted for your produced solar power.

We only can give the advice to demand all application papers (from the solar installer), as they belong to the customer, not the installer.
If not all papers are ok, nobody ever will come to control the system and connect a net-meter.
if you have any questions, contact us or post here
the "allowance" of kibtek and the energy ministry to connect "a maximum amount of solar power to kibteks network" is not allocated yet.
So, if you are interested..... go...
also the "reduction" of any electricity needs with very efficient solar pool pumps we only can recommend.
kibsolar (since) 1999
Attachments
CypToday2_nov22_2014.jpg

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: PV systems and KIBTEK

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

We and a number of others have had our solar system installed, we have had approval from the ministry which we have a copy of and had a new net meter installed but are still not getting credits back from kibtek. Kibtek do not reply to emails when we ask them what is happening in the process and how long it will take to set the billing system up. We had one email back from kibtek after they installed our meter saying that they were ready to do the offset on the bill once we had approval from the ministry. Now we have approval from the ministry they no longer reply. So what would your advice be?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

MrsD,
what kind of a permission you have?
Alindi belgesi, kurulum izini or YEK belgesi (and which number) ?
or,
Make a photo of your latest permission and post it here.
then i can tell you more..

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

Ours is the kurulum izini. As we understand we won't get the yek belgesi until kibtek have visited us. That is what we are waiting for. Our kurulum izini is dated 4th Sept. We have sent several emails to kibtek asking for information regarding when the next step will be but have had no reply.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

this is correct.
The "alindi" belgesi says only that your application "was received". You can not install the system.
After that, your application is granted (or not) and you get the the kurulum izini.
This one permits the installation of the system, you also will not be credited for excess and even the connection to the grid is not permitted.
Kibtek did start to control a very few systems and work the way "first come, first serve".
These customers got the "YEK belge"
Next week i will check how far they went "up the numbers".

The situation is not easy for Kibtek... as they are left "basically alone" with all the renewable energy "stuff".
The "YEK law" is a thing from the government, related to the 2020 regulations from the EU: in 2020, 20% of all energy demands must be covered from RE.
(in 2030 it will be 30%)
responsible is the energy ministry and a "board", which looks into applications, permissions and (technical) regulations.
Also a Kibtek rep sits there.
Kibtek actually demands an allocated budget, for workforce as control teams, new accounting, education...or a small compensation for "providing a grid, but not getting any money for that",
(as you are (or will get) "net metered", you pay much less or nothing.. but still "a grid" is provided from Kibtek... ), eg, 1-2 kurus per unit to be payed by everybody for RE.

the government is deaf on this ear, so kibtek do what they can, but it takes time..
All that was very much foreseeable, but obviously "not communicated" to you from your installer.
Hope that all is ok with your system, as some system have been controlled by kibtek, but kibtek refused to give an ok, because the installaton was "not ok".
So, kibtek has "double or triple work" and now they think about setting up "external control teams" or will demand other regulations for installations...

Meanwhile we heard that some solar installers are already in difficulties... because they can not receive "last payments" or they lost their eg, (installation) partners.
or.. also.. we heart that a container of solar panels is stuck in the customs.. because they do not fulfill the (given and available) technical specs.

let me check whats going on, but you always have the possibiity to drive to nicosia and contact the energy ministery yourself.
this is the official website:
http://www.tdkb.gov.ct.tr/Yenilenebilir ... urulu.aspx
Kind regards,

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

Many thanks for your quick response. It would be great if you could see where kibtek have got to. We are more than happy with our installation and as we said we have already had the new offset meter installed by Kibtek so just the final stage to go. Just frustrating not knowing a timescale.
Regards

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

You are welcome
I dont know what kind of a system you got... and also not about the, say, quality (or say, "to regulations") of the installation.
The installation of a "new meter" does not say anything.
Reason:
Kibtek plans to change ALL meters in the country anyway and these new meters are ALSO able to perform the net-metering.
they started to install the new meters @ properties with a "kurulum izni”, which is logical, in a way...
Anyway, as we annonced here: you can consult us for applications, we calculate your needs with an independent software (not software supplied from inverter or panel manufacturers). We do installations and we offered and offer "grid systems" in the region of 1600 to 2000 euros per kWp, depends on size, place of installation and chosen equipment. Eg, 4 kWp = 6400 to 8000 euros. or 5100 to 6350 GBP.
We offer also solar pump systems which are easier to “make go” as a grid system (obviously, as no new meter and no kibtek control is required...) and also perform a great payback. Advantage: these pumps work during a power cut as well.
You may need a solar pool pump “on top” of a grid system (one day) anyway... as your energy needs are above the maximum to be installed for net metering: 5 kWp for single phase homes and 10kWp for three phase homes.
(eg : your bill shows 10.000 units a year, your Solar system can produce, say, 8000 units a year, = you have to pay for another 2000 units, which could be then compensated with a solar pool pump.
We offer also back-up inverters and solar charge controllers (full range of equipment from Victronenergy or Outbackpower), batteries (Rolls, hoppeke), for back up systems, off grid systems and “grid supplemented” solar systems which do not feed the grid (no new meter = no kibtek control!)
and if you want to apply and install a grid system yourself.. we offer PV panels, eg, Solarworld (all made in germany), Solarfabrik( mainly asian equipment, assembled in germany), grid inverters( eg, Fronius (Austria), SMA (Germany) and related equipment...

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

Had an email today saying that I need to pay £200 before kibtek will come and sign off my system before it will authorised for connection to the grid.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Hi Mrs D,
sorry, for me its not 100% clear to whom you need to pay 200 GBP.
to kibtek?, to energy ministry? to the solar installer?

MrsD
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by MrsD »

To Kibtek to go along with our application.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

the energy ministery told me that any charges reg the YEK belge is a "self initiative" from kibtek and they have nothing to do with that.

nigelh
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by nigelh »

I also have had a request for £200 from EcoFreeElectric (who installed my 3kW system) to pay for the Kibtek "inspection" of my system.
But, still, they will not tell me what the Kibtek feed in tariff is - what do I get back for exporting power into the grid ?
Currently I'm exporting without any payback - if they don't get their act together soon, I'll find other uses for my excess energy !
Nigel
at Kayalar

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Nigel,
Kibtek feed in tariff is - that you will be credited for future use.
please read the other posts...

that your system is grid connected is.. formally illegal.
whether you use your power instantly or feed non-credited excess to the grid, does not matter..
this subject did not change, no matter what "others" say here.

Meanwhile.. use as much as you can daytime.. but this is not the correct way and will not benefit a lot and also is not "the idea" of it.
Kibsolar 1999

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

any new infos here?

meanwhile i got the info that the connection fee from kibtek for single faze connection is 77 STG and for three faze 115 Stg.

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”