Find out about anything to do with gardens, flowers and plants

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

3dognight
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Palm Tree Removal - Thread Finished

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by 3dognight »

I live in Karsiyaka and have a 7-8 meter tall palm tree that I need to remove. I have heard that some large business, hotels etc want a grown tree for their premises rather than waiting for a plant to grow and I would be interested in this type of arrangement. The alternative is to cut the tree down. Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how I could offer up the tree to a business; or are there any tree surgeons out there that can offer me a quote for cutting it down?
Last edited by 3dognight on Tue 21 May 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Palm Tree Removal

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

try greg or james on the banner above in the gardening section, heard nothing but good reports about them
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

best-dreams
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by best-dreams »

Hi 3dognight,

I don’t know anyone who would like to take the tree but I can cut it done

Best regards
Hatib Xhafolli
0533 843 80 23
0548 872 16 85

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

As previously mentioned contact Greg and James as they will be happy to help you. There are many people who have used them for tree removal/pruning. They are reliable, efficient and have all the tools that are required for the job.

stevie-d
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by stevie-d »

Hi 3dognight, We can highly recommend Hatib from best-dreams above. He has taken out a couple of trees for us , also pruned and tided up our garden on several ocassions. Very professional. Gave us some fantastic tips for our garden, also in Karsiyaka.

3dognight
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by 3dognight »

Very many thanks for the info. I am UK at the moment, returning in April, and will make contact with Hatib and with Greg & James on my return. Thanks again for the response.

3dognight
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by 3dognight »

Back in the land of sunshine this week and Hatib and his boys have now cut down and removed my palm tree on the due dates. The team of 3 arrived at 8.00 am on Tuesday morning last as promised and worked through to 6.00 pm. By then the tree was down and cut into 4 pieces; 3 were removed from the garden that evening, leaving only the root-ball to remove the following day in a difficult 3 hour operation.

It was not an easy job, the tree was at least 7 meters high, with a good girth, and the root-ball was huge with lots of rocks and smaller stones entwined within the root branches. The cut pieces of tree-trunk were also extremely heavy and had to be manually lifted onto a 3.5 ton flat-bed truck.

I was impressed by the willingness of Hatib and his team to get stuck-in and get the job done. They worked tirelessly in 30+ degrees all day and were fully self-sufficient. The only things I provided were a couple of cups of tea and some cold drinking water.

Hatib and his team did a sterling job for me and I am happy to recommend them to anyone seeking help with tree removal. Although I did not have other gardening work done at the time, I have no reason to doubt their competence in this area and may well employ them on future gardening projects.

Return to “GARDENING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”