Look after my house while I am away

Job Vacancies in North Cyprus. Post them or find them.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

wellington
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Look after my house while I am away

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wellington »

I have just furnished a new 4 bed villa and am looking for someone who will call in once a week to make sure everything is alright.
The villa is just past the Acapulco in Catalkoy .
The pool has not been filled, so no pool maintenance is required.
Please contact me by email. My email is [email protected]
I am on Skype as well.
Thanks
Last edited by wellington on Sun 04 Jun 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Look after my house while I am away

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I would just say be very careful. There was a case a few years back where house sitters were taken on to mind a property while folks were away. They kicked out the dogs (which were never found), sold all the contents, then scarpered back to the UK. Please be very careful!!!!!

wellington
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wellington »

Thanks for the words of warning.

wellington
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by wellington »

I will take out an insurance policy, including contents, before I leave TRNC. I will be meeting Steve Dickenson tomorrow.

password
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by password »

hi ive sent you a email thanks

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Twice I have replied to this thread regarding the poster and twice my reply has been removed.

Why?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Mowgli597 wrote:Twice I have replied to this thread regarding the poster and twice my reply has been removed.

Why?
Please see the thread you started re deleted posts without explanation.

Your two posts submitted previously were not relevant and were deleted.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Two different moderators have deleted the posts and as per the forum rules do not have to explain why.
I have no problems with the fact that Forum needs moderators and that it is a thankless task, but when they do delete posts, why would they not explain why?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Vacancy has been filled.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Vacancy has been filled.

goped
Member contributing to forum
Member contributing to forum

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by goped »

sorry wrong post ...

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mowgli597 wrote:Twice I have replied to this thread regarding the poster and twice my reply has been removed.

Why?
Please see the ** thread you started re deleted posts without explanation.

** But that thread has had my initial posting deleted so that it now starts with comments regarding a posting which is no longer there.

In addition it has been locked so I can't put this comment in there.

I would have thought that common courtesy at least would have required an explanation as to why the original comment was deleted - even if only by a PM. And I do not "understand the reason" why they were deleted.

I'm beginning to empathise with Ragged Robin regarding a conspiracy theory

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Mowgli597 wrote:
PoshinDevon wrote:

Why?
Please see the ** thread you started re deleted posts without explanation.

** But that thread has had my initial posting deleted so that it now starts with comments regarding a posting which is no longer there.

In addition it has been locked so I can't put this comment in there.

I would have thought that common courtesy at least would have required an explanation as to why the original comment was deleted - even if only by a PM. And I do not "understand the reason" why they were deleted.

I'm beginning to empathise with Ragged Robin regarding a conspiracy theory
Firstly there is no conspiracy theory.

Your original posting contained a link to another forum thread. This posting and link was reported by a Kibkom member as being against forum rules. A moderator deleted the post.

You then started a separate thread again with the same web link, this was again reported by a Kibkom member as being against forum rules. I was aware that your original posting had been deleted by another moderator and therefore deleted this post and locked the thread.

The forum rules do state that the moderators do not have to explain their actions. However, If you have any questions as to why your posts have been deleted it is best to either email or pm a moderator or Soner, the forum owner. In most cases we will provide an explanation off the forum.

Just for information some posts when reported are "temporarily" removed from the forum to allow moderators to discuss any action that may or may not need to be taken. Once we have agreed the post is either permanently deleted or placed back on the forum. Given the amount of posts each day this forum in the main runs very well, with very little moderator intervention.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Posh.

Surely to goodness if I'd received a PM or something to say why my first post had "broken the rules" I wouldn't have posted it a second time.

I would also appreciate knowing which rule I broke - perhaps that would mean I didn't do it again.

Even better, post the reason as an open comment then everyone else would know what to be careful of.

It's called openness and transparency and it's a great aid to communication.

Incidentally I posted the comment a second time because it seems that there may still be a software problem with the forum (as well as the logging in/staying logged in one). Whenever I submit a comment it tells me the comment form is invalid - please resubmit. It works the second time. I thought my original post had somehow got lost and so reposted it. When I saw it disappear a second time I knew it was being deleted deliberately.

I posted the fact that posts were being deleted with no explanation so that others might know it was happening in case it happened to them. Little did I know it was deliberate at that stage (since no-one had the courtesy to tell me it was).

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Mowgli,

You have a pm.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Mowgli597 wrote:Posh.

Surely to goodness if I'd received a PM or something to say why my first post had "broken the rules" I wouldn't have posted it a second time.

I would also appreciate knowing which rule I broke - perhaps that would mean I didn't do it again.

Even better, post the reason as an open comment then everyone else would know what to be careful of.

Incidentally I posted the comment a second time because it seems that there may still be a software problem with the forum (as well as the logging in/staying logged in one). Whenever I submit a comment it tells me the comment form is invalid - please resubmit. It works the second time. I thought my original post had somehow got lost and so reposted it. When I saw it disappear a second time I knew it was being deleted deliberately.

I posted the fact that posts were being deleted with no explanation so that others might know it was happening in case it happened to them. Little did I know it was deliberate at that stage (since no-one had the courtesy to tell me it was).

Not intending to take this off topic but Just to say that has happened to me and has only started since the problems with logging in etc, It usually takes me 3 attempts.
Choose your spouse, friend, relative, in difficult days. On a good day, no one shows their purity.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Dalartokat wrote:
Mowgli597 wrote:Posh.

Not intending to take this off topic but Just to say that has happened to me and has only started since the problems with logging in etc, It usually takes me 3 attempts.

Will highlight the problem to Soner. Thanks.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

PoshinDevon wrote:Mowgli,

You have a pm.
Reply sent

Return to “JOBS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”