•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: TRNC to become Turkish Cypriot State

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Thanks Moyra, very interesting indeed. Hope war does not break out after I arrive on 5th July - that would mean another book in the making, if I get through it this time around. Is there any tension in the air?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

No tension we are all as laid back as normal

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

That's just what I need. Got to get out to the TRNC asap.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Hurry up then the first drink is on me.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I'll be holding you to that. Looking forward to it!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

)

yorgozlu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by yorgozlu »

With all due respect,'trnc' has been seeking international recognition since 15/11/83.............
always be yourself because the ones matter don't mind and the ones mind don't matter

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Yorgozlu, do you think Turkey will do as they say by 1st July if there is no resolution?

yorgozlu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by yorgozlu »

Soner wrote:Yorgozlu, do you think Turkey will do as they say by 1st July if there is no resolution?
it's simply NO Soner.Turkey's been playing with Cypriots for the past 57 years,like karagoz&hacivat(kukla),along with the rest of the world.

tmt,invasion,trnc...............

dogoodders don't often do anything good.

I personnaly don't see any future changes and the only way for change,solution is nothing more then an uprising.

question is,have WE got what it takes?
always be yourself because the ones matter don't mind and the ones mind don't matter

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

I know that I and many other Turkish Cypriots would wish for two separate recognised states, but if that doesn't happen I would rather live under the red and white flag than the blue and white flag. All the promises before the Annan Plan (I did not vote for it) if the TRNC voted 'yes' came to nothing, and I think we are far better off not being in the EU, because after their new constitution any country joining has to sign up to the euro - poor sods.

yorgozlu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by yorgozlu »

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/cy.html

rocking,in above link you can find the Cypriot flag and will notice that there are no reds nor blues in it.If it makes any difference,it was designed by turkish Cypriot,too.However,clours,eu,euro....these are not issues in the eyes of FREEDOM fighters.

It is us Cypriots that has messed up the island and it can only be resolved by us Cypriots.Everyone else are only here for their benefit.

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

It is us Cypriots that has messed up the island and it can only be resolved by us Cypriots.Everyone else are only here for their benefit.

"Everyone else" is a hell of a generalisation. What do you advocate for all of us Non Cypriots. Some of us have Permanent Residency. This is my only home and very much wish it to remain so. In 2003 when the border opened the South as you know was not in the EU and Non Turkish Cypriots were not allowed to cross and we were deemed "Illegal Immigrants" by the South. Not a problem for me, when they joined EU I could go over ok. NO THANKYOU I never have, why should I support their economy when ours needs all the support it can get. I wish you well for the future.
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

Everyone who has any connection with this beautiful island is a stakeholder in its future.
Any changes (name, borders, laws etc) should not change the day to day life on the island, only for the better for all.

Chris
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

yorgozlu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by yorgozlu »

Mel7348 wrote:It is us Cypriots that has messed up the island and it can only be resolved by us Cypriots.Everyone else are only here for their benefit.

"Everyone else" is a hell of a generalisation. What do you advocate for all of us Non Cypriots. Some of us have Permanent Residency. This is my only home and very much wish it to remain so. In 2003 when the border opened the South as you know was not in the EU and Non Turkish Cypriots were not allowed to cross and we were deemed "Illegal Immigrants" by the South. Not a problem for me, when they joined EU I could go over ok. NO THANKYOU I never have, why should I support their economy when ours needs all the support it can get. I wish you well for the future.
I did not mean to upset none Cypriots in any possible way with my comments,so please accept my apology for taking the wrong way.I just meant ,it is for Cypriots(greek/turkish) to sort the mess out,since it was Cypriots that started it.The influence form others(england,turkey,greece......)don't come into it.

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

yorgozlu

No offence taken. I hope you achieve your goals

Best regards
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

timaloy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by timaloy »

yorgozlu

would be nice if they could but history will tell you the indifferances of the two tribes are vast......trnc will become a integral part of turkey,there will be two states on the island,sth cyprus and turkish...turkey and the sth will eventually agree compensation..and we will move on ,turkey will achieve eu membership (as they should), borders will open ,but the status quo will remain....two states

MoonageDaydream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by MoonageDaydream »

So "trnc will become a integral part of turkey" will it timaloy?
Will the Turkish Cypriots have a say in this, or will it just be a fait accompli enforced by the large troop presence in the north of the island?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Having lived on the island as a teenager in the early 70' s the Cyprus problem passed me by as I enjoyed the freedom and experiences of teenage life. 1974 changed it all and since then I have taken a keen interest in this beautiful island. As a member of HM Forces I was fortunate to spend many years in the 80's and 90's working in the sun! Add to this holidays and Cyprus is now our second home. For me I now firmly believe the two state solution to be the best way forward for both sides. It cannot be denied that whilst there has been tension and isolation for the TRNC in the main the violence, ethnic cleansing and persecutions have now ended and peace (at times fragile) has prevailed. The problem must be solved by Cypriots and them alone. We love the island but on balance we feel the beauty of the north and the friendliness of the people was crucial in our decision to buy. Long may peace reign and Cyprus remain the fantastic place that it is.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”