General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Rod Lloyd - FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS. No flowers and no black,

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Anyone who has been to NCCCT coffee mornings or their bingo sessions will know Rod. He and his wife Carol are always selling the raffle tickets. Unfortunately, Rod died suddenly today and of course Carol is devastated. Cause of death not yet known, but he did have a gall bladder operation a very short while ago, and...........Whatever it was, I am sure you will all want to wish Carol strength and give her support as she comes to terms with her sad and unexpected loss. Don't know anything about a funeral, but I will post here when I know, and would ask you all to pass on the message, and if you believe in prayer, please pray for Carol.
Last edited by Marions on Mon 16 Apr 2012 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: CHANGE OF HEADING
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: A sad topic - Rod Lloyd died today.

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

My thoughts, and a prayer for Carol and Rod. RIP.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

jimm127
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jimm127 »

Absolutely cannot believe this news, he was looking so well after his operation. My sincere condolences, Rod will be sorely missed. RIP.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

don't think anyone can believe it! he was at receipt of customs at the Coffee Morning on Tuesday, as he was told to rest his leg. Just not fair, is it?
Maid Marion of Malatya

Mel7348
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mel7348 »

I think your signature is most appropriate. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. RIP Rod LLoyd.
Life's too short to stuff a mushroom

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: A sad topic - Rod Lloyd died today. - FUNERAL ARRANGEMEN

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

BEFORE I SHARE WITH YOU THE FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS, I want to say how wonderful that I can edit the title of this topic instead of doing another one. Thanks to Soner.
Carole now tells me that the funeral will be on Friday of this week at 10.30a.m. at Green hill Cemetery, above the GAU complex. It will be good if friends and supporters for Carole could come and share in the moment of 'farewell'.
On a practical level, some folk may have difficulty in getting up the pathway, and if they foresee any problems I would appreciate their contacting me rather than bother Carole, for as I am sure you can understand, she is coping with other practical matters. Also there may well be a gathering back at Ozankoy , but that is to be finalised and I will post on that later, but it would help Carole to know how many might wish to spend some time together rejoicing in all that Rod was, and supporting Carole (my idea!) and it would help for her to know. Again, please contact me.
\It will mean a lot to Carole to see people at the funeral (me talking again), as it will give her much needed support, and also help lessen the pain of Rod's sudden death, knowing that there are people who care.
My contact details are: 0542 882 4313 or e mail [email protected]
as someone says, it does make the saying in my signature even more important - for each one of us. Strangely enough I had forgotten that a while back Carole said jokingly to me 'When I die will you conduct my funeral;?' to which I said 'If I am still alive!'. None of us know the timing of our lives, and the message t myself is most certainly 'think!' before I should at my husband! (among other things)
Maid Marion of Malatya

delikomsu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by delikomsu »

Thank you Marion, we will be there to support Carole at this sad time. He was a great friend of ours and will be sorely missed. Penny and Phil, Kaplica.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Thanks Penny. talking to Alex today he confirms that there will be a gathering at Five Fingers Restaurant, Ozankoy afterwards, and he thinks there will be a goodly number of people at the funeral but not sure how many will be able to come back to Ozankoy. Will you?
Maid Marion of Malatya

delikomsu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by delikomsu »

I have just spoken with Carole and she has no idea how many people will attend but judging by his popularity, many. She has asked me to request no flowers and no black at the funeral please.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

thanks for that. I forgot to ask her I will change the subject to include no flowers. So what do we wear. White? Not being funny, but it is nice that Carole doesn't want sombre. We will be celebrating a life, which is far more positive, and saying farewell to that life. Thanks, and I will put that on another board as well.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Kizzy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Rod Lloyd - FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS. No flowers and no bla

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Kizzy »

RIP Rod. What a great guy who did much for charity. He will be greatly missed.

Sincere sympathy to Carole at this sad time.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

My sincere condolences go out to the family.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

For those of you who did not attend the farewell event at the Cemetery for Rod, you might like to know that Carole broke her own rule. There was a flower arrangement which she put on the coffin, and the flowers were red and white. Why? The colours of |Liverpool Football team of which he was an ardent supporter. This nearly caused a rift when Carole first took him home as her dad was an ardent Everton supporter, and he was not keen on the fact that Rod was a tax officer. But love conquered all, including the great divide of football teams.
Maid Marion of Malatya

delikomsu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by delikomsu »

Thank you Marion for conducting such a beautiful/sensitive and humorous ceremony for Rod. he would have enjoyed it himself. It shows what can be done without religion. When I go, that's what I would like. Well done you and well done Carole for bearing up throughout. Farewell Rod.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Thanks for saying such nice things about yesterday. It was a joy and a privilege to share in the day, and I am sure that Rod heard it all, and laughed. it was certainly a Spike Milligan day, from the journey up, to the quotes . However, there was one thing missing - Carole forgot to put a book of raffle tickets in the coffin with him! Carole was magnificent, and it must be a wonderful feeling to know that so many people cared about Rod and about her. funerals are really for the living to help them accept it is 'goodbye' to a life enjoyed with the one who is gone, and an acceptance of the changes to come. Hmm. wonderful who might conduct a farewell for me! Hadn't thought about that! Perhaps I could prerecord something to be played by the helpful werner.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”