General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Lez
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Cyprus chat room

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Lez »

I have today set up a chat room http://www.plantworlds.org/cyprus/. To get it launched you are invited to log in at 7pm tonight. You don't need to register, or use a password, just your user name. Give it a try and see what you think. It won't take the place of a forum because a forum offers much more than a chat room, as you may discover. Also the chat room is not really moderated, which may put you off!!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Cyprus chat room

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Good luck with the chat room Lez. Just to let members know that Kimkom also has a chat room so if members want to discuss business they can chat privately, or join in a general chat with other members. However, I feel this will take some time to take off as there needs to be a larger membership for it to work.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I am being ignorant here, but what exactly is a chat room as opposed to Facebook, Skype, Messenger etc? Many of us are already invovled in those, so what is a chat room for?
I agree with Soner, not enough members to make it viable on here but just a comment I received yesterday that some people think that ALL the entries at the moment should be on the main forum, with perhaps a copy to the other specific threads. Otherwise people won't see what is being offered. For instance, I might not be thinking of mobile phone needs, but if mentioned in the forum then I might look at the separate section, but (confession time, folks) I don't look at anyof the other threads - just the forum. how many others are like me, I wonder?
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Sorry Lez but I won't be at home this evening. Hope it goes well, but I think were I to use any I would use this one (if I have a need outside of my othersources of 'chat'
Maid Marion of Malatya

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Hi Marion, you may not have realised but C44 had over 50 forums but you only used the main forum. It is difficult to have every subject in one place as people have to scroll to click on subjects they are interested in so the main forum becomes a bit of a mees with too many subjects that many may not be interested. However, members can post anything they want on the main forum and eventually I will move to it specific category and sometime leave a "ghost" link stating it has been moved, yet still accessible form this link on the main forum.
With Chat you can type talk to people in a chat room - it is instant so your replies are instant. You can also move to a private room if you one to chat with someone oon a one to one basis or even as a selected group.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Marion, also to make things easier for you to view all posts - there are 3 links on the top right of each page: View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts

If you click on the "View new Posts" it will list all new posts in all of the forums - so you will not miss anything and do not have to click on every forum category. It's just a matter of time and clicking around to get use to what is available on this forum, functionality wise.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

If you are really interested in a particular topic, there is a link just below "Post Reply" at top left of page titles: Subscribe to Topic - this will notify you by email when someone adds a reply to the topic - via your email account. You can also turn it off if you do not want to receive anymore notices.

As I mentioned from the beginning members just need to play around and not be afraid to click on the links - this is the best way of learning. In life we continually learn and educate ourselves. Why stop at the C44 format?

Lez
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Lez »

For convenience, I have put a link on the chat room back to this forum. Sorry it wasn't there before. Something that I overlooked.

I suppose Facebook is a kind of chat room/come forum, but a very overpowering one. Virtually impossible to conduct a comprehensible discussion.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

TYhanks guys for the explanations. Life continues to be a learning curve, and especially cyberspace and all its facilities. Thanks again.
Maid Marion of Malatya

shrimp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by shrimp »

I am having a problem logging on to the chat room, I managed to log on last week but this week it is not recognizing me?? Any advise??

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Shrimp, chat room login is case sensitive, however you had typed your username and password when registering must be exactly the same when logging in. Let me know if you still have problem: [email protected]
regards,

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”