General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

flowerfairy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Health and safety in UK

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by flowerfairy »

On a visit to Uk, I went with my sister, who had ordered a pair of boots.
As she was taking her shoes off to try the boots on, she asked for a ''pop sock''.
The salesman said that they could no longer provide them for health and safety
reasons. We sat and tried to guess why....
After about three wrong guesses, he laughed and told us the real reason..........

They are not allowed to provide them ........in case a child puts one in it's mouth
and chokes

Can you believe it???????
Don't live in the past, make new memories every day,

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Health and safety in UK

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Another reason for being grateful for being here. This morning I went to one of the school's celebrations and they had an egg and spoon race with spoon held in moutyh! and a blow up the balloon until it bursts in hyour face! Great fun and laughter. But in U.K?????????Never.
So, it doesn't matter in U.K if you pass on some terrible foot disease by trying on a shoe with no sock or stocking, but it does matter that an uncontorlled child might shove it in their mouth. Surely that would be blame apportioned on the mother - who might be the one trying on the shoe.
Cor blimey. How my own country has changed. Or come to tha,t it isn't 'my country' any more!
and owuld you believe in Australia it is no longer 'health and safety' but 'Safety and health' as they now reckon if safety comes first then health follows. And that is all a bit barmy over there too. Take a risk for oneself? never!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

its all gone to far, i like the health & safety here every year all the building workers get a new pair of safety flip flops
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

flowerfairy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by flowerfairy »

Hey, Andrew, I love it
The shop owner also told us that officially he isn't allowed to change a light bulb, he should call an
electritian. Yeah, 99p light bulb.....£30 call out charge, and we wonder why prices are going up.
Don't live in the past, make new memories every day,

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

When I had worked as a Civil Servant, I was not allowed to carry boxes of files or move anything heavy due to Health & Saftey, I had to book someone who was employed and trained to move heavy items. I paid no attention to the rules although many did.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

I wouldn't put a sock on if someone else had used it either, if I go out to buy shoes I put a pair of pop socks in my handbag.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”