Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Fudged inflation figures

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

https://www.kibrispostasi.com/c50-EKONO ... r-dilemeli

So from.what I can understand they have been caught out using old figures for men's suits and olive oil..

A mistake ...

Huge difference ..

The wage committee are currently in discussions it's every 4 months now this one is being back dated to 1 st of may . I'm sure I read last time that it was now automatically linked to cost of living/inflation . That seems not to be true as they are having meetings to negotiate minimum wage .

I read that inflation for the last four months is 20-22 % ..different places said different things ..

If they increase the minimum wage by 20% to c 29000 TL net I certainly don't begrudge that being the minimum. C £725 net income many work 25 days per month so it's only c £30 per day less than £4 per hour ...but as we know wage hikes are immediately passed onto prices often not in proportion and for profiteering . Given wages are still c 1/3 rd of UK minimum wage it doesn't seem reflected in many goods and services . Not to mention 40% of the population are on the minimum wage here compared to only 5 % in the UK .

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Fudged inflation figures

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

But the increase also affects fees for everything plus money in bank needed for residency purposes.

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

DottieO
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by DottieO »

Reyntj - it is true that the wage increase is automatically linked to the cost of living/inflation but only for public sector workers & pensioners.

The wage commission are currently meeting to discuss an increase in the minimum wage for private sector workers. More information on the amount discussed will be available later today, and that will then be subject to a 10 day objection period before being confirmed.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Asking the reason for the wait, Serdaroğlu said, “We respect the figure that employers will bring. We don't have to say yes to this number. They do not have to say yes to the number we give. The government has to choose a side. If the government has difficulty choosing its side, it will express this clearly. Obviously, there will be no consensus at this table..." said.

Pointing out that the 4-month cost of living rate is 22.98 percent, Serdaroğlu said that the Prime Minister made a statement that this rate will be reflected in the minimum wage. Noting that they sat at the table with 27 percent, Serdaroğlu stated that this corresponds to a net 30 thousand 480 TL and a gross 35 thousand 95 TL.

Copied the above from a local paper if anybody is interested.thnx for info Dottie. Yes i must have got that mixed up.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

The employers are sat at 18 % and unions at 27% looks like that they will meet at 23 % which is the 4 month cost of living and what the government are prescribing ..

Just looks like a theatre show ...

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

There will never be a consensus at the table, it is always the way things happen. The employers still have to make a profit so they can continue to trade, the unions will always ask for more and more and more then blame the government for not providing it. The Government will just wait until there is an impasse - like now - and then give what they were always going to give in the first place. Nobody will be truly happy apart from the Government but three weeks of wasted time does not help the workers!

The only big problem that will only be solved by the Government is the continuing rise in the prices of commodities. Whilst I do understand that suppliers have to charge more to re-stock/re-supply when they have sold an item - sometimes - but to charge one price in one shop for an identical article in another shop where the only difference can be up to 100% increase in price? Who is making money all the time, it is not the working people for sure!

So long as the price increase continues unchecked then the minimum wage will continue to rise to support it, for sure it is heading for a market crash in the near future!!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/256 ... ious-year/. Interesting but not something to bet your bank roll on!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Unfortunately a lot of people earn pocket money as some call it. The government really need to create an easier way for people who want / need to work pay taxes. Even as a kimlik holder, it's easier for me to stay employed for my final month's/ years of employment than venture out by myself. Accountant, office/house inspection, business licence etc. Prices seem to rise in anticipation of a pay increase than another rise after the wage increase.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Backwards country regarding limited company set up a complete scam to enrich a few and keep down the masses on minimum wage turkey the same . It's a model rolled out amongst other similar countries..

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Torontomapleleaf, yes that's the real elephant in the room. , Neither State nor private UK pensions are going up at the same rate of increase as minimum wages are, which is making residency more and more difficult to obtain.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”