General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lapta High School Needs you.

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I am hoping everyone has read this week;s Cyprus Star,but just in case not, there is an appeal for ex pats to help the High School on 24th april on a Special Fund Raiser with a British Flavour. See file attached.
Please if you feel you can help, DO get in touch with the school. They are a wonderful group of staff members in the English Department.

sorry it won't let me attach the document. But fundamentally they want people to show British Customs or sell British style goods and be prepared to speak with the students. Or just go along on 24th at 10a.m,. to join in the fun. Or contact me to find out more. Or read the paper! sorry about this. Don't know why it own't let me send my own file.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lapta High School Needs you.

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

oops, I lied. slip of flingers! I meant 27th April! Heard today from the school that they have got a couple of stalls, but they really want lots of lovely Brits to go along to talk to the children and help them to see our similarities and differences (of tradition and culture), so why not put a date n your diary (now I have given you the correct date!). a great chance for you to see a local school at work and meet the children who will be the adults of tomorrow.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Happy to join in if they have Skype...
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I will ask! Not sure how the day will work. it is the first time they have done it, and they desperatley need money for more books etc. The State system does not leave much for extras, or even basics. They also (the English Department) need a computer and printer of their own, and if they get enough money on the day for everything that will be great - if not I am asking a local chartity if they can help. The State system education is good - the teachers are dedicated, but the facilities are a bit lacking. para yok.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Will keep this one in mind - maybe we can help from forum profits.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Scoobydoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Scoobydoo »

I have just spoken to one of the teachers who is behind the organisation of this project and they have had very few english people show an interest which is a terrible shame really.

If you are free on the 27th April from 10am to 1pm please come along to the school as they are desperate to practice their english plus they want to raise some money for the school.

If you can run a stall with some traditional 'english' goods on or you can help run one of the existing stalls alongside the children, then please call one of the following english teachers: Mehmet 0542 864 0581. Nildan 0533 868 7020 or Bengul 0533 834 5826, they would love to hear from you.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Winston Churchill

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

thanks Scoobydoo. Thanks for reiterating what |I said. why are people not volunteering. Surely they can't be 'scared' or maybe they are busy, busy. at least if they come on the morning and spend some money and tlak tio the children, that will be terrific. So come on guys. Next Friday a.m. If you have time to spare, then please be there.
Maid Marion of Malatya

libby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by libby »

One of the on problems with this organisation is - every high school has an event the 27th April - so English people with children are already committed to going to their own children's school. If the school tried to do another event - perhaps to tie in with the lapta tourism festival - they may get more response!
I,m off to the Near East on the 27th to watch my daughter to perform in a french play! what joy!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Tres bien, Libby. J'espere il est un bon matin. (oops, jiai oublier mon francais). So I didn't think of that. But if there are people WITHOUT kids, couldn't they spare a moment or two to help the Lapta School 's children to improve their English and to meet some of we real Brits! (or are we 'real brits' as we live here?) . But thanks agan Libby for the explanation. Silly me did not realise.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”