General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bleadeono
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Trouble Adding An Power Amplifier

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by bleadeono »

G'day. I'm in search of some suggestion to help me to install a set of stereo speakers. Excuse me in the event I'm not within the perfect thread. The issue I have is the fact that my stereo receiver is sending out a hum if it's turned off which causes the transmitter that I employ for my cordless speakers to be awake. The issue is that my speakers keep sending out exactly the same kind of humming noise while the AV receiver is in stand by. Surprisingly there isn't a hum originating from my receiver if it's active. I would not feel that this can be a ground loop problem. I'd appreciate it if anyone could present some recommendations concerning how to resolve this matter.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trouble Adding An Power Amplifier

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

sounds like there could be some wires touching something there not meant to be
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

LooseBoots
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trouble Adding An Power Amplifier

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by LooseBoots »

Some aadvice received from a friend :

I think it is more than possibly an earth situation. If he/she disconnects the earth lead in the plug (if there is one) this may eliminate the problem. Also if the "transmitter sending to the speakers" is near a tv it could be picking up a magnetic field of sorts. also to eliminate each component by connecting the speakers with a wire and if no hum then it is the wireless transmitter. I am confused that where is he hearing the hum from to know that the stereo receiver is emitting it in the first place.? If the receiver is connected to the mains but switched off it could be the "mains transformer" windings humming with current passing through it depending on where the on/off switch is located in the circuit ! this can also be eliminated by unplugging it to see !!!!

Hope this helps.
Always look on the Bright side of life. Monty Python - Life of Brian.
Be nice to one another.
Reporting from Portugal

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”