General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

caulkhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

What exactly are the rules please?

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by caulkhead »

I am really confused as to whether i will be able to make it into the north next month. I cant seem to find any reliable information as to the current entry requirements. I appreciate the Covid situation is constantly changing but it would be useful to know what the situation is as of now?
I will be flying into Larnaca having spent the previous ten days with my sister in Corfu, so does anyone know please where i can find answers to the following questions:
what tests i will be required to have or have had to cross to the north and at whose expense?
whether i will be able to bring a hire car from the south subject to the usual caveats?
if not can I arrange a pickup from a hire company in the north?
will i have to go into quarantine?
if so can this be done at home or do you have to go to a government facility?
and if the latter does this have to be paid for by the traveller?
I would be extremely grateful to anyone who can answer these questions, as would my travel insurance company!
Many thanks

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What exactly are the rules please?

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

If you look at lgc news they have the latest updates, which might help.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What exactly are the rules please?

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

What the rules are now will without a doubt have changed by next month be that for the better or for the worse who knows. Not being difficult here just pointing out that whatever you find out there on the net at the moment is changing sometimes daily.

Copied from the North Cyprus Exp Pats Uncut facebook group.

"According to the applicable legislation, those TRNC citizens and foreign nationals who want to enter the TRNC via Southern Cyprus, who have to take a PCR test for entry to the country will only be able to pass through Metehan or Beyarmudu border crossing.
Countries in category A will be able to enter the country without quarantine if the PCR test results taken within the last 72 hours are negative and if they are documented. However, it is mandatory for passengers who cannot submit PCR results to be placed under quarantine until the tests are carried out and results are confirmed by our ministry and the costs for testing and quarantine are to be covered by the passenger.
Given the reduction in the number of cases in the UK, flights from this country to the island are expected to begin on 16 July 2020.
From 16 July, people coming to the island from the UK will be able to take a PCR test no less than three days and no more than five days with a negative result before leaving the country. A second PCR test will be taken one entry. They will be quarantined for 7 days. At the end of the quarantine, they will take a third test.
The staff of the diplomatic missions in Cyprus, the UN, the EU, the SBA and so on will be intentionally asked to show negative COVID-19 results, once, at the first time of crossing. However, TRNC citizens working within the border areas, with UN personnel will be asked to show negative Covid-19 test results every 15 days when they enter our country from UN local personnel and TRNC citizens working within British Base Areas.
For those coming from category C countries, on entry to the TRNC, it will be mandatory to have a documented negative PCR test result, taken between72-120 hours before. On entry to the country, a second PCR test will be carried out and there will be a 14-day quarantine in a quarantine centre designated by the Health Ministry.
People from countries in category B will be able to enter the TRNC by showing a negative PCR test result they had taken 72-120 hours before arriving. These people will take a second PCR test, and those who have hotel reservations must isolate at that hotel and those who have homes must isolate there until the results come out.
Under the Infectious Diseases Act, the most severe penalties will be imposed on those who do not comply with the decisions taken to protect public health."

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”